Washington Nationals vs. Miami Marlins: Best Odds and Preview for September 13, 2021
Jazz Chisholm will look for his 100th hit of the season (he has 99) when the Miami Marlins (60-83) play the Washington Nationals (59-84) on Monday at 7:05 PM ET. The Marlins are underdogs (+110) to the Nationals (-130).
Washington’s Paolo Espino gets the start against Miami’s Sandy Alcantara.
Best Odds for Washington Nationals vs Miami Marlins
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Washington Nationals and Miami Marlins.
- The Nationals have been victorous in 32, or 60.4%, of the 53 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Washington’s games have gone over the total in 65 of their 142 opportunities.
- The Nationals rank 16th in the league with 639 total runs scored this season.
- Washington has been favored just two times in their last 10 contests and split those games 1-1.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Nationals and their opponents are 5-4-1 in their previous 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Espino (4-4) gets the starting nod for the Nationals in his 16th start of the season. He has a 4.35 ERA in 91 innings pitched, with 77 strikeouts.
- The righty last pitched on Tuesday against the Braves, when he went five innings, allowing five earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- Espino’s team is 5-10 over his 15 starts.
- Espino’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in seven of 15 contests.
- The Marlins have been the underdog on the moneyline 99 total times this season. They’ve finished 35-64 in those games.
- Miami has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 143 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 62 of those games (62-71-10).
- The Marlins score the third-fewest runs in baseball (564 total, 3.9 per game).
- Miami has a 5-5 record from the 10 games it was moneyline underdogs over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Marlins and their opponents combined to go over the run total three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Marlins will send Alcantara (8-13) out to make his 30th start of the season. He is 8-13 with a 3.24 ERA and 178 strikeouts over 180 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last pitched on Wednesday against the Mets, when he went nine innings, allowing one earned run while giving up four hits.
- Alcantara’s team has compiled a 12-17 record over his 29 starts.
- Alcantara’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in seven of 29 games.
|Bryan De La Cruz||37||.338||.382||.481||4||15||45|
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.
About the author
He is a sports nut that has spent his whole life watching every sport on offer in the United Kingdom. In 2015, he started watching Football and Bas...[Read full bio]