Sportsbook Referral Bonus
Place a first-time wager of up to $1,100, and get it back the same amount in the form of a Free Bet insurance match if you lose.
DraftKings’ offer is a straightforward deposit match.
DK will match 20% of your initial deposit up to $1,000. Deposit $5,000 when you open your new account and DraftKings will deposit an additional $1,000. You will have $6,000 to bet on sports.
Simply sign up, make a deposit and place your first wager.
If the bet loses, FanDuel will give you the amount of your wager back in free bets up to $1,000.
Simply sign up, make a deposit and place your first wager.
If the bet loses, TwinSpires will give you the amount of your wager back in free bets up to $100.
Multisports Promo: Bet $10 Win $200
Simply sign up, make a deposit and place your first wager. If the bet loses, BetMGM will give you the amount of your wager back in free bets up to $1,000.
PointBet’s offer is simple.
Up to $1,500 back if you lose your first Pointsbetting wager and up to $500 back if you lose your first fixed odds wager.
Fox Bet’s offer is simple. Enjoy a 100% risk-free bonus of up to $500.
If the bet loses FOX Bet will give you the amount of your wager back in free bets. Also, take advantage of a $25 free bet when you refer a friend.
Do you have a friend in mind that you think would love your favorite online sportsbook?
Well, instead of suggesting the site to them for free, you can earn a referral bonus by sending them a referral link.
Essentially, that’s what referral bonuses are. Online sportsbooks are businesses and still want to attract as many bettors as possible; that’s why they reward you for bringing your friends—potential long-term customers—into the action.
The terms and conditions of referral bonuses vary from your typical bonuses.
For that reason, we’re going to highlight a few important considerations, and we’ll also show you the sportsbooks with the best referral bonuses.
What Is A SportsbookReferral Bonus?
Referral bonuses are common in many online industries, not just sports betting. Even if you’ve never interacted with a referral link, you probably know how referral programs work.
A sportsbook referral bonus follows the same structure as any referral program: simply refer a friend to a site you’re signed up to and the sportsbook will reward you with a bonus.
The general rule with most refer-a-friend programs is this: the person you’ve referred to either needs to make a deposit or bet a specified amount—some sportsbooks might state that the referee needs to do both.
Once they do so, you’ll be rewarded with either a free bet or a bonus in the form of site credit.
Nowadays, it’s extremely common for the top online sportsbooks to reward both the referrer and the referee.
What To Look For When Choosing Betting Referral Bonuses?
Since referral bonuses are unique, you’ll need to keep your eye on a few important things, especially if you’re hoping to get the best deal around.
Here are some things you should consider when you’re choosing an online referral bonus:
- The amount that the referee needs to deposit/wager – You don’t want to burden your friend by forcing them to deposit and wager an extremely steep amount, especially if you don’t know how much is in their bankroll.
Since your principal aim is receiving a bonus after your pal signs up, always go for refer-a-friend programs that don’t demand extreme amounts from the person you’re referring to.
- The person receiving the bonus – The best online sportsbooks reward both the referrer and the referee. In such referral bonuses, your friend will be more motivated to sign up using your link and deposit the required amount since they will also receive a reward from the sportsbook.
- Time limits – Avoid bonuses that give your friend a very short time to make a deposit and place a bet, i.e., less than seven days.
Remember, since referral bonuses force you to deal with another individual, you need to give them as much time as possible to make informed financial decisions, especially if they are new to sports betting.
Betting Sites With A Referral Bonus
If you’re interested in referral bonuses, here are a few sites that prioritize such offers:
Caesars Referal Bonus
Current users can earn up to ten $100 free bets (up to $1,000) by sharing their referral code BESTODDS with friends and having them sign up for a new account.
All you have to do is have your friend sign up with your unique referral code and deposit at least $50.
Once your friend does so, you’ll earn a $100 free bet.
FanDuel Referal Bonus
Refer a friend and both of you will get $50 in sportsbook site credit.
Your friend simply needs to deposit and place any bet worth $10 or more for both of you to receive the $50 bonus. Once they meet this requirement, you’ll receive the bonus in 72 hours.
DraftKings Referal Bonus
If you refer a friend, you’ll both receive a free bet worth up to $100.
The amount that you’ll receive depends on how much your friend deposits; if they deposit between $25-$49, you’ll both get a $25 free bet; if they deposit between $50-$99, you’ll both receive a $50 free bet; and any first deposit worth $100 or more will mean that you both get a $100 free bet.
TwinSpires Referal Bonus
Refer a friend and you’ll both get a $10 bonus once the person you’ve referred places their first real money wager. You both should receive the bonus within 24 hours.
PointsBet Referal Bonus
You and your referral will both receive $100 in free bets once the person you’ve referred places a $20 wager.
The referrer needs to have been registered for over 14 days and also needs to have turned over $250+ during their registration period. Additionally, the referrer cannot have a negative balance.
BetMGM Referal Bonus
BetMGM allows you to refer up to 20 friends.
Once the person you’ve referred signs up using your link verifies their account, and wagers at least $50, you and your pal will both receive a $50 bonus.
FOX Bet Referal Bonus
When you refer a friend to FOX Bet you get a $25 free bet.
If your friend has to use your personal referral link to register for FOX Bet Sportsbook, deposits at least $10, and wagers any amount on any sports market within 14 days of registering, you’ll both receive a $25 free bet.
How Referral Bonuses Work
Referral bonuses are awarded to registered bettors—and the referees in some scenarios—when an unregistered bettor uses their referral link to sign up to the site.
To get a referral link, you simply need to navigate to the promotions tab. Once there, scroll down until you see the available refer-a-friend offer.
Click this promo to generate your referral link and share it with anyone that you’d like to invite to the site.
This promo isn’t available to every registered bettor. To be able to send a referral link, you need to have been registered for a certain amount of time.
Some sportsbooks also state that you need to have deposited or turned over a certain amount in bets before you can refer friends to the site.
Advantages Of Referral Bonuses
Here are a few advantages of referral bonuses:
- You get rewarded for simply sending a link to your friends.
- In certain refer-a-friend offers, you and your friends can both receive a bonus.
- If you’re the referrer, you don’t need to risk anything at all.
Disadvantages Of Referral Bonuses
While referral bonuses can be extremely beneficial, here are a few disadvantages that are associated with refer-a-friend programs:
- If you’re the referrer, whether you receive a bonus wholly depends on the other person’s betting activity, making this out of your control.
- You may upset some friends when you send them registration links.
- Most refer-a-friend offers are usually on the lower side—very few sportsbooks offer more than $50.
Restrictions Around Referral Bonuses
It’s common for bonuses to have restrictions as this protects the sportsbook from potential exploitation. In the case of referral bonuses, they typically have the following restrictions:
- Limited number of referrals: Most sportsbooks will limit the number of friends that you can refer to the site. Usually, you won’t be able to refer more than 5–10 people.
- The amount that the referee needs to deposit/wager: You won’t get a bonus just for sharing a link with your friends; they also need to deposit and wager a certain amount. This amount varies from one sportsbook to the next, so always confirm before you share any referral links.
- The referrer’s wagering activity: If you’re the one who wants to send a referral link, your betting account needs to have been active for a while. On some sportsbooks, you’ll need to have placed a certain number of bets or wagered a specific amount from the time you signed up.
How To Get Sportsbook Referral Bonuses
There are two ways to get a referral bonus:
- By sending a referral link as a registered bettor
- By signing up using a referral link that rewards both the referrer and the referee
If you’re a registered member, we’ve already outlined how you can receive this bonus.
However, if you’re new to a site and you want to get this bonus, you need to get a referral link from an existing user.
After you sign up using their link, you’ll both receive a bonus, that is, if the sportsbook in question is rewarding both the referrer and the referee.
What Are The Best Referral Bonuses For Existing Users?
Unlike other bonuses, most refer-a-friend programs favor existing customers over new bettors.
In our opinion, if you’re looking for the best referral bonus, PointsBet and DraftKings excel in this department since both the referrer and the referee can get a $100 bonus from both sportsbooks.