Yes, definitely yes! Sportsbook promotions are worth claiming in general, but in NJ, you have top-rated operators betting apps vying for your attention.
You can expect large match bonuses and tons of free bet options, helping you add more funds to your betting account.
- Double Your Betting Bankroll: With a 100% first deposit match bonus, you can double the amount of cash you have for betting. This is a great way to build a bankroll, especially if you add a larger first deposit.
- Try a New Operator at No-Risk: Sports betting sites that offer a free bet or no deposit bonus are a great way to try a provider at no risk. The bonus funds are given to you upon signing up, allowing you to test the betting process at the site without depositing. Use the sportsbooks funds to wager before you risk your hard-earned money.
Online sportsbooks in NJ will use specific terms when describing how to claim a promotional deal. Bonus code and promo code are used interchangeably as they mean the same thing.
The code is what you use to claim a deal. Don’t get confused if one site says promo code while another says bonus code. It’s the same thing, even though the terms are different.
Not always. Operators are free to offer promotional deals with or without a code. Sometimes a code is required to claim a deal, and sometimes it’s not.
If a promo does have a code, be sure to enter it correctly upon claiming the offer. When a deal does not have a promo code, you simply click on a link connected to words such as “Get Bonus” to start. This ensures you claim it correctly.
With so many offers to choose from, you may be wondering which promotion will work best for you. As a seasoned sports bettor, I have tried them all and have my favorites.
Below are the top four I feel work best for sports fans, along with examples of each deal. Never feel pressure to claim a deal just because it exists, and always take advantage of deals that work best for your betting preferences and budget.
My favorite option for sports betting promos in NJ is a no deposit bonus, though this deal is hard to find.
Essentially, the sportsbook gives you bonus cash to bet with, and you do not have to add funds. You are not at risk of losing any of your money, and you get to try a new site for free!
Generally, this type of bonus will be less than $100, generally in the $25-$50 range.
This is the most common promotion offered by sports betting sites, and in New Jersey, this offer is usually a 100% match.
The amount you can earn will be based on the operator, but $1,000 or under is generally matched. An example of this deal is a 100% match worth up to $500.
Deposit any amount under $500, and the brand will provide you with the same amount in bonus cash.
Be aware of wagering requirements connected to this deal type and other promotions. You must wager the bonus cash a certain number of times as listed in the terms and conditions before having the ability to cash out winnings.
I really like taking advantage of this option, but sportsbooks do not always offer it.
In NJ, there are risk-free bet options, where you deposit and wager an amount, then receive cash back if the result is a loss.
An example of this deal would be a risk-free bet worth up to $200. Deposit $200 or less, and if the bet loses, then the same amount is provided in bonus cash.
Bet & Get
I listed this deal last because it is not often found in NJ. With this deal, you will deposit and bet a certain amount to receive an amount in bonus cash.
An example would be to bet $50 and receive $10 in bonus cash. This deal is easy to claim and gives players an incentive for depositing.
- Review Wagering Requirements: Most online sports betting deals have wagering requirements, a set multiplier that you must complete with bonus funds before cashing out. Look for lower requirements so you can clear a deal quickly.
- Expiration Date for the Promo: When does the deal expire? Do you have just a few days to clear the deal or months? Each promotion is different, and you want to be sure you have enough time to complete the offer.
- Watch Out for Freebies: The best NJ promos offer freebies to players. Are there any no deposit deals or free bets available? Utilizing this type of deal will help you try out a sportsbook without risking your funds.
How To Use New Jersey Sportsbook Bonuses
There is no set formula for using a sportsbook bonus in the Garden State. However, players should evaluate each deal before claiming.
Do you understand what needs to be completed to clear the offer? Can you meet wagering requirements and the expiration date? Only claim deals that appeal to you and ones that you can complete.
If you miss any expiration deadlines or wagering requirements, your earned bonus funds are forfeited, and you cannot cash out any winnings.
Do NJ Sports Betting Bonuses Have Restrictions Or Limitations?
Yes. There are certain restrictions and limitations in every US state where sports betting is offered online.
Learn all you can about such elements so you fully understand how to claim bonuses. Below are a few examples you might come across while searching for promotions:
- Age Restrictions: To place sports bets in NJ, you must be 21 years of age or older.
- Location Restrictions: Players must be in the state to take advantage of deals.
- Expiration Date: All deals have expiration dates. Always ensure you know how long you have to clear a deal before claiming it.
- Bet Restrictions: Some bonus deals will be restricted to specific sports such as football and basketball. Deals may also be restricted to particular bet types or odds.
What Are Wagering Requirements?
This is a significant element of bonuses and promotions that every player needs to understand. Wagering requirements are the steps you must take to clear a deal.
Most offers have a multiplier attached, and you must bet the bonus amount the number of times listed before a withdrawal can be made.
Usually, this requirement is 25x-40x. This is relatively high, though, and can take a while to clear. Look for 1x-10x to complete the bonus at a much faster pace.
Free Bets vs. No-Deposit Bonuses
Sportsbooks offer an excellent selection of online bonuses, including free bets and no deposit options. These two deals are similar, so sometimes sports fans get confused about what each type offers.
A free bet is bonus cash provided to a player for betting. This deal is usually connected to a risk-free deposit offer.
The player adds funds and wagers, and then if the bet loses, the site gives the loss back in bonus cash. Of course, this deal is restricted to lower amounts, usually under $100.
Players are given bonus funds directly after depositing with a no deposit bonus. No deposit is required, and you get to try the site for free.
The upside to this deal is you do not risk your own money. The downside is that you must deposit before you can cash out any winnings from the promotion.
Don’t limit yourself to one sportsbooks account. You are allowed to sign up with multiple operators in the state.
Have an account with BetMGM, DraftKings, and FanDuel so that you can take advantage of the welcome offers that each operator provides. This gives you even more options for bonus cash, plus you can shop the odds at each site!
Most new sports bettors stick to one sportsbook promo without searching for several options.
Gambling Problem? Find out how to exclude yourself from casino gambling in New Jersey.