Are Ohio Sportsbook Promos Worth It?
Of course! Sports betting promotions help you build a solid bankroll and try a new sportsbook at no risk.
Check out a few advantages these deals offer you below:
- Double Your Betting Cash: You can double your betting money with a 100% deal with a first deposit match. Add $50, and you get $50 in bonus funds, giving you double the bet potential.
- Try Out Operators Before You Invest: We all want to play it safe with our money. Utilize No Deposit bonuses when available so you can test a site at no risk before depositing funds.
- Earn Freebies or Incentives: Some deals offered at online sportsbooks, either via a betting app or on the desktop, earn you freebies or other incentives. Look for options where you receive special incentives for depositing and opting into a deal. Some promotions tie in with special events and can include merchandise or tickets to live events.
Best Ohio Sports Betting Sites With Signup Bonuses
We expect top-rated operators to obtain licenses for the Ohio sports betting market. Below are five of the most popular brands available in the US.
We feel that these providers will launch services in Ohio and offer bonuses and promotions as they do in other states.
- Valid through December 31, 2022
- New players only, must be 21+
- A deposit of $10 or more is required.
- Example: Deposit $60 and place a qualifying bet. Lose your bet, and BetMGM provides $60 back in bonus cash.
- The bonus should arrive within 72 hours of the bet closing.
- Valid until further notice.
- New players only.
- Bettors must be 21 or older.
- Players must deposit $10 or more to activate the deal.
- Example: Deposit $30 and receive $30 in bonus cash.
- BetRivers will add the bonus cash to your account within 48 hours of the first deposit.
- Valid through February 27, 2022
- New members only
- Players must be 21+
- Deposit $5 to activate the promotion
- Example: Deposit $100 and earn $20 in bonus cash.
- The operator releases bonus funds in $1 increments for every $25 you bet.
Bet $5 Win $150
NO CODE NEEDED
- This offer is valid through December 31, 2022
- New players only; must be 21+
- The site does not list the minimum deposit amount.
- Example: Deposit $40 and place a qualifying bet. Lose the $40 bet, and the site adds $40 in bonus cash within 72 hours of the bet closing.
Offer Pending | Bet At BetMGM Sportsbook
NO CODE NEEDED
- Offer valid through January 19, 2022
- New players only.
- Bettors must be 21+
- A qualifying bet of $100 must be placed on an NBA game.
- Minimum odds are -200
- Once the bet is placed, Caesars sends a digital gift card to your email for the NBA Store.
Ohio Sportsbook Promo Code vs. Bonus Code
Promo code. Bonus code. These terms are used frequently within the online sports betting industry.
As a newbie, you may be confused due to the usage of two different terms. However, both promo codes and bonus codes mean the same thing. They refer to a code you must use to take advantage of a deal.
Don’t get confused if you see one site say promo and the other say bonus. They are the same.
Do You Need An Ohio Promo Code?
Not always. Every promotional deal is different. Some may want you to use a code, while others do not. Always read the details of the deal to find out.
If you see a code, input it upon signing up or depositing to access the deal. If you do not see a promo code, you will click on a link to access the deal. Usually, the link is highlighted with wording such as “Get Bonus” or “Claim Bonus.”
Best Ohio Sports Betting Promos
Over the years, I have claimed my fair share of sports betting promotions. I have found that specific deals are better than others and work perfectly for new players.
Check out my favorites below, including a description of what you can expect from this type of deal.
I prefer this option for a signup bonus, but unfortunately, it is not offered regularly. With this deal, you receive bonus cash upon registration, without the need to deposit funds.
The risk-free option allows you to test the sportsbook, and if you love what you see, you can deposit funds. I always take advantage of this option to post a few bets without depositing if the offer is available.
I appreciate this promotion because it gives me extra cash to wager with. Most online sports betting sites provide a first deposit match deal, usually with a 100% match.
I deposit funds and earn double the amount in my account for wagering. An example of this deal would be a 100% match worth up to $250. I can deposit as much as $250, and the sportsbook gives me the same amount in bonus funds!
With the risk-free bet, you are required to deposit funds, but you have the option to earn back your money on a loss.
The site provides you with a certain amount of cashback if your bet does not win. Let’s say a sportsbook is offering a risk-free bet on NBA games up to $100. I wager $50 and lose my bet.
The site then gives me $50 in bonus cash to bet with. Essentially, it’s a win-win because I am back to where I started with the $50 in credits.
Bet & Get
This promotion is last on my list, but it is not because the deal is terrible. This is a great option, yet online sportsbooks don’t provide it often.
You will get bonus cash for posting a bet when this promotion is offered. An example will be if the site offers a $25 bonus for $50. You simply make a bet in the correct amount and earn the cash!
How To Pick the Best Ohio Sportsbook Promos?
- Always Utilize No Deposit Bonuses: This is a given. If you find an online sportsbook that offers a no deposit deal, take it. This offer is of no risk to you as the site gives you bonus cash to bet with. It is a great way to try a brand before investing your money.
- Read the Fine Print: Always read the fine print when considering a promotion such as a first deposit match. One operator might offer you a 150% match, but the wagering requirement is 40x the bonus amount. Another operator has a lower 100% match, but the deal only has to be played through 1x. The lesser percentage is better because it is easier to complete.
- Check the Expiration Date: Look to see how long you have to complete a deal. Is the expiration date doable for you? If not, look for a deal elsewhere, or you may risk losing your bonus cash.
How To Use Ohio Sportsbook Bonuses?
The best advice I can give about using a sportsbook bonus in Ohio is to understand the deal. Know what you are getting into.
How long do you have to complete the wagering requirement? Do you need to place a specific type of bet, including set odds?
If you do not understand the details of a promotion, you could miss a vital element and lose bonus funds. Always read a promotion fully and if you have any questions, contact support.
Do Ohio Sports Betting Bonuses Have Restrictions Or Limitations?
They do. Each deal offered in Ohio will come with certain limitations or restrictions.
Be sure you understand the full terms and conditions before claiming it. Check out a few key points to consider when reviewing deals and promotions:
- Age and Location Restriction: Sports bettors must be 21 years of age or older and in Ohio to take advantage of a promotion.
- Bet Type or Odds Restriction: Some sports betting promotions may be limited to certain bet types or odds. Only place a bet with the odds or type selected to claim the deal correctly.
- Wagering Restrictions: Read the terms and conditions to view the wagering requirements of the deal. You must wager the bonus a certain number of times before a cashout is allowed.
- Expiration Date: Deals also have an expiration date. Failure to complete the terms and conditions of a promotion before the date in question will lead to forfeiting any bonus funds.
What Are Wagering Requirements?
If you are new to sports betting, you may be wondering what the term wagering requirement means concerning promotions.
Most online deals like match bonuses and risk-free bets have a wagering requirement. You must complete the requirement to clear the deal and withdraw any winnings. The requirement will be listed within the terms and conditions of the promotion.
In general, you will need to play the bonus amount a certain number of times before you can cash out. The multiplier can range from 1x to 40x. The lower the requirement, the easier it is to clear the bonus or promotion.
Free Bets vs. No-Deposit Bonuses
When searching for promotions in Ohio, you will come across certain types of deals, including free bets and no deposit bonuses.
Understanding how these deals work is essential to your overall experience. This type of deal is usually associated with a risk-free offer with a free bet. You deposit funds and place a bet worth up to a certain amount.
If you win, fantastic! If you lose, though, the casino gives you bonus cashback in the amount of the loss. This is a great way to lower your risk when joining a new online sportsbook.
With a no deposit bonus, you are given bonus cash right after signing up, at no cost to you. This offer is not as prevalent but one that players love to take advantage of.
Look For More Than One Ohio Sportsbook Promo
To optimize your sports betting experience in Ohio, be sure to sign up for a new account with multiple operators.
You are restricted to one account per site, but you have options with multiple operators in one state. By opening several accounts, you can take advantage of more than one promotion.
Utilize a welcome bonus match at one site and a free bet at another. Having multiple accounts also allows you to shop the odds, ensuring you find the best betting deals!
Gambling Problem? Find out how to exclude yourself from casino gambling in Ohio.