New York Sportsbooks Promos
This page contains references to products from one of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Affiliate Policy, visit this page.
Sports betting began online in 2022, and New York sports fans have quickly seen that operators in the state do not mess around when it comes to bonuses and promotions.
With BetMGM, DraftKings, and FanDuel in the mix, it is easy to find many opportunities via incentives. Risk-free bets and welcome match deals are on the table, allowing new members to build a solid bankroll from the start.
At Best Odds, we have gathered all the information you need to know about New York sportsbook bonuses and offer it up in this simple guide.
Find out more about available promotions including which operators offer the best deals, plus info on how to claim bonuses.
Check it out below and get started taking advantage of all New York sports betting has to offer.
Are New York Sportsbook Promos Worth It?
Of course! Promotions provided by New York sportsbooks are the best, offering you bonus cash matches as well as risk-free bets. Why should you take advantage of these deals?
- Earn a Deposit Match: With a welcome bonus match offer, you can deposit funds, and the sportsbook matches the amount, usually 100%. This doubles the amount of cash you have to bet with.
- Risk-Free Advantage: The risk-free offers provided by sportsbooks give you the chance to place a bet, and if you lose, the amount of the loss is given back to you in bonus cash.
- Try Sites for Free: If a sportsbook app offers a no deposit deal, you can try the site for absolutely free. The operator gives you a small amount of cash to bet with, so you don’t risk your funds. This is a great way to try a brand before committing any money.
Best New York Sports Betting Sites With Signup Bonuses
- New players only; must be located in the state to take part.
- Minimum odds of -200 are required.
- New players have 30 days to use the free bet after it is earned.
- Example: Deposit $20 and place a qualifying bet with minimum odds of -200. Whether you win or lose the bet, you receive $20 in bonus funds.
- New players only, 21+
- Players must deposit $5 or more to activate the deal.
- The deal is valid up to $1,000 and only on the first deposit.
- Example: Deposit $100 and earn $20 in bonus cash.
- Open to new players in NY
- Must be physically present in the state and 21 years of age or older.
- Deposit $10 or more to claim the deal.
- This offer is only eligible for the first deposit at FanDuel.
- Example: Deposit $50 and place a qualifying bet. Lose the wager, and FanDuel offers $50 in bonus cash to your account.
- New players of BetMGM NY only.
- Players must be 21 years of age or older.
- A minimum deposit of $10 is required.
- Only the first wager up to $1,000 will qualify.
- Example: Deposit $200 and post the qualifying bet. If you lose, the $200 is returned in free bets.
- This deal is ongoing.
- New players only; 21 or older.
- Players must use the bonus code offered to claim the deal.
- A minimum of $10 or more is required upon deposit.
- Only the first deposit qualifies.
- Example: Deposit $50 and earn $50 in bonus cash, giving you $100 to wager with.
NY Sportsbook Promo Code vs. Bonus Code
As you dive into the world of sports betting, you will notice that some operators use the term bonus code while others use promo code.
Don’t confuse the two terms as they mean the same thing. Both promo codes and bonus codes can describe a code used to claim a promotional deal.
Just enter the code correctly when claiming, and you are good to go!
Do You Need A New York Promo Code?
Not always. Promo codes are only used for specific bonus deals. Some require you to click a link to claim. Read the details of the promotion.
It will tell you if a code needs to be entered when depositing. If not, click on the link provided at our site or the operator to get started.
Best New York Sports Betting Promos
When taking part in sports betting, you will come across certain types of promotions. Most operators offer players the same types of deals, though some may have varying terms and conditions.
Smart bettors get to know each deal type and compare the fine details to take advantage of the best deal. Check out a few of the most common bonus types below to learn more.
I prefer this option best, but unfortunately, it is not always available. A no deposit deal is when a site gives you an amount of cash to bet with, free of charge.
You just post your bet and hopefully win! It’s a great way to test out a sportsbook before depositing funds. If a site does provide this option, you must deposit cash before you can withdraw any winnings from the no deposit bonus bet.
The deposit match is the most common option provided by online sportsbooks. With this promotion, you deposit funds up to a certain amount, and the operator gives you bonus funds based on a percentage.
An example of this deal is a 100% deposit match worth up to $500. The site will match your deposit up to the $500 mark.
Keep in mind that this deal and other types have wagering requirements. Always read the terms and conditions and know the requirements needed before you agree to a deal.
This ensures you can claim and clear it properly without losing out on bonus funds.
Another standard option at New York sportsbooks is the risk-free bet. Deposit funds into your account and place a wager up to a certain amount.
If the bet loses, you receive the loss back in bonus cash. It is considered risk-free because you are back where you started with the bonus funds.
An example of this bet is a risk-free wager up to $100. Just bet as much as $100 to earn the same amount back as a bonus if you lose.
Bet & Get
The last option open to you is that bet & get. Usually, this promotion will offer you bonus cash for betting a small amount.
It is not a standard option, so you might not even see it on the promotions page of a provider. An example of this promo would be receiving $10 in bonus cash for a $25 bet.
How To Pick The Best NY Sportsbook Promos
- Consider the Type of Bonus: Be sure to review the type of bonus you are claiming. No deposit deals are best because they do not require you to deposit funds.
- Wagering Requirements: Review the wagering requirements of the deal, seeking out options with 10x or less. This helps you to clear the promotion in the quickest way possible.
- Odds Restrictions: Are there any odds restrictions connected to the deal? If so, is the deal worth it? You may be better off skipping the deal if the odds are not good.
How To Use New York Sportsbook Bonuses
My best advice on using a sportsbook bonus is to know what you are claiming. Read all the details of the promotion, including the fine print. Can you meet the wagering requirements?
Do you understand the deal fully? Be sure you know what you are getting into to reap the full benefits of the deal.
Do NY Sports Betting Bonuses Have Restrictions Or Limitations?
Yes. There are various restrictions and limitations associated with deals in New York State. Below are a few examples to give you a better understanding of what you can expect:
- Gaming is Restricted to Within State Borders: You can only access deals if you are physically located in New York State.
- Time Limitations: Each bonus offer will have an expiration date. You must claim and clear the deal by the designated time frames. If you do not complete the offer in time, all bonus cash is forfeited.
- Odds Specific Deals: Some bonuses are connected to specific odds or bet types. Use correct odds or the right bet type such as parlay or moneyline when required. Be sure to complete the deal as listed, so the offer is claimed correctly.
What Are Wagering Requirements?
Understanding what wagering requirements are is key to claiming sports betting promotions. Essentially, a deal will have a wagering requirement you must meet before it is cleared, and a withdrawal is allowed.
Usually, this is a multiplier from 1x to 40x. The lower the multiplier, the better, as you will be able to clear the deal as quickly as possible with a minor requirement.
An example is a welcome bonus match of 100% worth up to $200 with a wagering requirement of 10x. You deposit $100 and earn $100 in bonus cash. The total amount of $200 must be wagered 10x before you can cash out.
This means you need to bet $2,000 to complete the offer.
Free Bets vs. No-Deposit Bonuses
Let’s look at two standard bonus deals: the free bet and no deposit bonus. With a free bet, this deal is usually associated with a risk-free offer.
You deposit funds and place a wager for a certain amount. The bet amount is provided back to you in bonus funds if you lose. You are given funds to wager free of charge with a no deposit bonus.
Most players prefer the no deposit bonus because the sportsbook pays for the wager, and there is no risk to the gambler.
Look For More Than One New York Sportsbook Promo
Remember to shop around for promotions via all New York sports betting operators. You are not limited to just one provider.
You can open an account with every operator in the state and see what they have to offer. By taking advantage of multiple promotions, you set yourself up for success by earning bonus cash or incentives you can use for sports betting in the state.
Gambling Problem? Find out how to exclude yourself from casino gambling in New York.