Offer Pending | Get $25 No Deposit Bonus On The House
Get $25 No Deposit Bonus On The House
Get $25 No Deposit Bonus On The House21+ to wager. Please Gamble Responsibly. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER, Call 877-8-HOPENY or text HOPENY (467369) (NY), Call 1-800-327-5050 (MA), Call 1-800-NEXT-STEP (AZ), 1-800-522-4700 (KS, NV), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 1-800-270-7117(MI).
Pros & Cons Of Golden Nugget Casino
- Hefty deposit bonus
- Has a sportsbook as well
- Excellent customer service
- Is fully licensed and regulated
- A great assortment of games
- Available in very few states
- The casino’s site feels a bit cramped
- Many promotions tend to be short-term
- The site’s design may not please many users
- The site has some occasional loading problems
This page contains references to products from one of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Affiliate Policy, visit this page.
Golden Nugget is one of the most recognizable casino brands in America. The online casino is widely popular among New Jersey gamblers, proving its core market.
A Michigan version of the site launched in 2021, while plans to launch in other states like Pennsylvania are close to fruition.
Golden Nugget is a top-tier casino. New bettors who sign up on the site can expect a hefty deposit bonus, while loyal customers have the rewards program to look forward to.
The casino also has a great variety of games, so you’ll always have something different to play.
Plus, the site has a sportsbook, so sports bettors have that to look forward to as well.
For in-depth coverage on all Golden Nugget Casino has to offer, read on.
Pros & Cons Of Golden Nugget Casino:
- Hefty deposit bonus.
- Has a sportsbook as well.
- A great assortment of games.
- Excellent customer service.
- Is fully licensed and regulated.
- Available in very few states.
- The site has some occasional loading problems.
- The casino’s site feels a bit cramped.
- The site’s design may not please some users.
- Many promotions tend to be short-term.
Would We Play At Golden Nugget Online Casino?
Golden Nugget Casino shines in many departments, making it one of the best online casinos in the market. It betters or exceeds most of its competitors by integrating all that you’d need into one perfect package.
You get a trusted name, many unique and great games, loads of payment methods, and great bonuses as well.
Honestly, most of the cons look like nitpicks when you consider all that you get when you choose this casino, and many of the problems won’t affect your gambling at all. So rest assured that you’re going to gamble in peace.
Overall, if you’re looking for a trusted casino brand that has been in the gambling business for decades—one that also massively outshines the competition—then you should definitely pick Golden Nugget.
An In-Depth Look At Golden Nugget
Golden Nugget has a rich history; its name instantly brings to mind world-class entertainment, hotels, and casinos, among other things. Golden Nugget launched in 1946 in Las Vegas, and it expanded and launched retail branches in other places such as Biloxi, Lake Charles, and—most famously—Atlantic City.
After online gambling was legalized in New Jersey in 2013, Golden Nugget moved quickly to join the online gambling wave. The online casino was launched on Dec. 16, 2013, and has become a massive success in New Jersey.
In February 2019, almost a year after the ban on sports betting was removed, Golden Nugget launched its integrated online sportsbook in New Jersey.
After Michigan legalized online gambling and sports betting, Golden Nugget partnered with Ojibwa Casino to launch both an online casino and mobile sportsbook in the state.
Golden Nugget’s site launched in Michigan on January 22, 2021, which was the same day that online betting went live in the state.
During its years of operation, Golden Nugget has garnered a lot of acclaim in the gambling industry, which has led to multiple awards.
Some of the most famous awards earned by this gambling operator include the following:
- EGR North America Operator of the Year – 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.
- iGaming North America Awards Operator of the Year – 2015, 2016, 2017.
- EGR North America Mobile Operator of the Year – 2020, 2021.
- EGR North America Casino Operator of the Year – 2018.
Golden Nugget Bonus Details
Golden Nugget has a great bonus in store for you. Their current casino bonus is one of the heftiest ones that you’ll find on the market. Below is their current offer, which is available to all new New Jersey and Michigan customers.
Match Deposit Bonus Up To $1,000
This is a deposit bonus. This means that you need to place money into your account after you’ve signed up on Golden Nugget’s site to trigger this bonus.
Once you do so, the casino will instantly credit your account with a bonus amount that matches the amount that you’ve deposited.
Golden Nugget’s first deposit bonus works in the following manner:
- The minimum amount you can deposit to qualify for this bonus is $30.
- Only the first deposit that you make will be matched.
- The maximum that the casino will match is $1000.
- The bonus has a 10x wagering requirement. This means that if you deposit $100, you’ll need to wager the deposit + the awarded bonus ten times for bonus funds to become withdrawable, i.e., ($100 + $100) x 10 = $2,000
- This bonus cannot be used on sports bets.
- Bettors have 30 days to meet Golden Nugget’s wagering requirements or else the bonus will expire.
New Jersey players also get an additional 200 free spins when they go for this offer. However, these free spins can only be used on eligible games and not the entire casino library.
The site also has other offers for sports bettors, such as a $250 risk-free bet and daily odds boost.
Other Casino Promos
- You get double the number of points when you play the casino’s slot of the week. These points are for the casino’s loyalty program, which is further explained down below.
- A guaranteed 5 Million Dollars in prizes in the casino’s yearly $5,000,000 Golden Race. You need to opt into this promotional offer and then earn leadership points from relevant bets and deposits.
You can contact customer support to learn the most up-to-date bonuses or check the Golden Nugget promotions page.
Registration Process At Golden Nugget
To get all the perks that Golden Nugget has to offer, you first need to register on the site. Luckily, the casino’s registration process is both simple and straightforward. The steps below will help you register:
- Go to Golden Nugget’s website.
- Click the red ‘Sign up’ button, which should be on the top-right.
- Enter your login details—your email and password.
- Provide additional personal details. These include your name, date of birth, last four digits of your SSN, and your gender.
- Enter your contact details. These should be your home address and phone number.
- Choose a security question and fill in the answer.
- If you have a bonus code, insert it in the appropriate space.
- Tick all the boxes. Make sure that you meet the legal requirements before ticking them.
- Go through all the details that you’ve provided to make sure that everything is accurate.
- Register your details and confirm your email.
Golden Nugget has one additional requirement: all users need to verify their identity. If you fail to do so, you’ll be barred from gambling with real money. The documents you need to upload to verify your identity include:
- A valid passport or driver’s license.
- Anything that verifies your address, other than your identity card.
- Your social security card.
Golden Nugget’s customer service is available 24/7, so verification should be a quick process.
Golden Nugget’s site is an integrated one. This means that your account gives you access to the sportsbook and the casino, so you shouldn’t try signing up for another one just to access a different section of Golden Nugget’s site.
Trying to sign up for two accounts is actually an issue that can lead to the closure of both accounts, so just use the one account that you have, as it grants you unlimited access to any section of the site.
Golden Nugget App Experience
Golden Nugget’s casino can be accessed on mobile through a dedicated app or via the mobile site. If you’re a mobile user, the best way to access the casino is through the mobile app because it is a faster and more efficient way of placing wagers when compared to the mobile site.
Golden Nugget’s app is available on both iOS and Android platforms. iOS users have the luxury of getting the app directly from the Apple App Store, while Android users need to download the .apk file from Golden Nugget’s mobile site since Google doesn’t allow any betting apps that involve real money wagering to be hosted on the play store.
Once you have the app, you’ll notice how smooth and user-friendly the interface is. This makes it easy to scroll through games and is extremely useful in high-pressure situations where you want to place a wager quickly.
Most of the games on the desktop site are also on the app, so you barely miss out on anything. Plus, the app can also be used to make payments, which simplifies the gambling process even more.
If you consider that Golden Nugget’s mobile app allows you to wager from anywhere, choosing the app becomes a definite no-brainer.
New customers can also register on Golden Nugget via the app. Here are the steps for the mobile registration process:
- Choose the device (iOS or Android) that you want to download the Golden Nugget app on.
- Tap the red ‘Sign up’ button.
- Provide all the relevant details—login details, personal details, and contact details.
- Confirm that you meet the legal requirements by ticking all of the boxes.
- Confirm and register.
While you can browse Golden Nugget’s site from anywhere, you need to be within the borders of a state that they serve if you wish to wager real money—currently, these are Michigan and New Jersey, though more states are on the way.
The casino needs to confirm your location before placing a wager, so it uses a location validator known as GeoComply. This is a plugin/software that discloses your accurate location information to relevant sites, such as Golden Nugget.
To use GeoComply, simply download the desktop plugin then install it. Golden Nugget’s site will then be able to accurately detect your location. Mobile users don’t need to download anything; however, ensure that your precise location is turned on.
Golden Nugget Site Experience
Golden Nugget’s website is easily navigable so that you can use any web browser. Once you land on the site, you’ll spot all the games as they populate the majority of the screen. Every game is clearly labeled, so you don’t have to waste time searching for a specific title.
There are also various ways to narrow down your search. You can sort your search by game type, game studio, game theme, or by searching directly for the title that you’re looking for.
Alternatively, you can click on one of the casino’s prearranged lists to see the games under a chosen category. Users also have the option of changing the display from an icon form to a list form.
Several quick links are situated on the right side of the screen, such as my account, my bonuses, quick deposit, etc. This allows you to jump from one section of the site to another without too much hassle.
Golden Nugget’s software provider is NYX Gaming Group. NYX utilizes an open platform system to host games from other providers like IGT, Williams Interactive, and Netent. NYX is a renowned digital gaming provider, and the company also provides software for other industry giants.
Golden Nugget Casino Games
The main thing that gamblers look for in an online casino is the availability of a wide range of gaming options. Fortunately, Golden Nugget is one of the most comprehensive casino operators around.
Its New Jersey casino is probably the largest and most diverse in the state’s market, while the Michigan version is constantly adding games on the platform as it continues to expand.
Golden Nugget casino has a mix of the following games: online slots, table games, and live dealer games.
Casino Online Slots
Like most casinos, slots are the majority of the gaming options.
The total number of slots is in the hundreds, so you can play a new slot every single day and go a long time without repeating one.
These slots range from movie-themed slots to classic slots.
We recommend that you try the following slots after you sign up on the site:
- The Cheshire Cat
- 88 Fortunes
- A While on the Nile
- Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
- Wolf Run
- Cool Jewels
- Davinci Diamonds
Golden Nugget’s table games are online variations of famous games like poker, blackjack, baccarat, roulette, etc. There are around 40 table games for you to choose from. Some of the best table games found on Golden Nugget’s site include the following:
- French Roulette
- Roulette Advanced
- Fortune Pai Gow Poker
- Texas Hold Em Plus
- Golden Nugget Multi-hand Blackjack
- American Roulette
Live Dealer Games
Bettors who tend to prefer the touch that retail casinos have can go for Golden Nugget’s live dealer games. Essentially, instead of playing with the computer, you have a live dealer who deals and controls the game through a live video feed.
Golden Nugget has around 10 live dealer games. Most of them are available 24/7, so you can always find something to bet on regardless of the time of the day.
Some of Golden Nugget’s live dealer games include the following:
- Live Blackjack
- Live Dealer Roulette
- Live Dealer Three Card Poker
- Live Dealer Lobby
- Live Dealer Casino Hold Em
- Live Casino Floor Roulette
Some unique features that Golden Nugget boasts include the following:
- My bonus section: Some casinos bury this deep in the cashier section, but Golden Nugget has situated this on the homepage. Once you land on the website, you can clearly see it on the right side of the screen.
- Many exclusive titles: With over 800 titles, Golden Nugget not only boasts the largest library in the NJ market, but there are many exclusive titles that you won’t find anywhere else.
- Online sportsbook: Fully functional online betting sites with competitive odds
Deposit & Withdrawals
Golden Nugget has many safe payment options that you can choose from.
The minimum amount you can deposit is $10, depending on the method used. Most deposit methods process instantly. PayNearMe, however, takes 30 minutes to process, while wire transfer may take between 5-7 days to process.
You can deposit money into your Golden Nugget account using the following methods:
- Play+ prepaid account
- VIP Preferred (ACH)
- American Express credit card
- Visa credit/debit card
- MasterCard credit/debit card
- Cash at Golden Nugget’s casino cage
- Golden Nugget Safekeeping Account
- Wire transfer
On the other hand, if you wish to withdraw money from your Golden Nugget account, you can use the following methods:
- Cash at Golden Nugget’s casino cage
- Play+ prepaid account
- VIP Preferred (Account Transfer)
- Golden Nugget Safekeeping Account
- Wire transfer
The minimum that you can withdraw is $10, though that also depends on the withdrawal method. Play + withdrawals process instantly, VIP Preferred will take two business days, PayPal will take up to 48 hours, checks will take two to three weeks to reach your mail, while a wire transfer will take between 5-7 business days.
Since Play+ is the fastest method, you can enroll for the prepaid card through the casino’s website by going to the cashier section. The Golden Nugget prepaid card can be used in other places, and Golden Nugget will also reward you with $10 after you successfully enroll for the card.
Golden Nugget State Restrictions
Currently, online casinos are not legal in many states. However, gambling is rapidly gaining a more positive outlook, which is why many states are looking for ways to legalize online gambling.
Golden Nugget casino is available in New Jersey and Michigan sports betting market, and its next destination is most likely going to be Pennsylvania.
Other states where online casinos can operate legally are West Virginia and Delaware, and Golden Nugget already has a deal to launch an online casino in West Virginia in the near future.
Anyone who signs up on Golden Nugget’s site is placed into the casino’s VIP program by default. This loyalty program functions as a classic tiered system with different levels of rewards.
You earn points for every wager placed. Essentially, all you need to do is get more points, as that is the key to unlocking a higher VIP level. Whenever you climb to a different level, you access more rewards and unlock even greater benefits.
Points distribution per game and deposit is as follows:
- $100 on online slots = 5 points
- $100 on table games = 1 point
- A deposit of $50-$99 in a single day = 20 points
- A deposit of $100+ in a single day = 40 points
Lower level rewards are things like daily or weekly offers, while rewards in the higher tiers include weekly cashback, invites to exclusive events, and high-end gifts.
If you need help on anything—be it a withdrawal, a bet, or just a random inquiry—you can contact Golden Nugget’s customer support at any time. Golden Nugget’s customer care team is available 24/7, and you can reach them via live chat, email support, or telephone.
In addition to the casino’s excellent customer service, there is an in-depth FAQ section available on Golden Nugget’s site that should answer most of your inquiries.
Golden Nugget Safety and Security
Golden Nugget operates legally in both Michigan and New Jersey. As a result, strict security measures are enforced by the regulatory bodies of both states.
This means that Golden Nugget has to constantly meet certain security standards to be able to operate. A casino that fails to meet these standards could be closed at any time.
Therefore, Golden Nugget has state-of-the-art security protocols in place. These protocols help the casino to achieve an encrypted level of security.
If you’re wondering how secure this site is, just know that its security matches that of a top-class financial institution.
So as long as your login details are always strong, private, and secure, you shouldn’t worry about anything else.
About the author
Lukasz Strycharz | Web Manager – A flâneur who follows Formula One racing and dabbles in SEO and content in the iGaming and sports betting niche. T...[Read full bio]