Washington Football Team vs. New York Giants: Best Odds and Preview for Week 2
In a matchup of two division rivals, the Washington Football Team (0-1) will play the New York Giants (0-1). The Football Team are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -3.5). The expected point total for the matchup is 41.
Best odds for Washington vs. Giants
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Washington Football Team and New York Giants in which the Football Team are currently the clear pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Washington Vs. Giants Spread Betting Action
Washington stats and betting info
Betting trends for Washington
- Washington covered eight times in 16 chances against the spread last season.
- The Football Team were favored by 3.5 points or more last season once, and failed to cover the spread.
- Last season, the combined scoring went over the point total five times in Washington’s games.
|Pass yards||237.3 (3796)||24|
|Rush yards||100.7 (1611)||26|
|Points scored||20.9 (335)||25|
|Pass yards against||212.1 (3393)||1|
|Rush yards against||112.8 (1805)||13|
|Points allowed||20.6 (329)||4|
Key players for Washington
- Kyle Allen’s previous season stat line featured 610 passing yards (67.8 yards per game) while going 60-for-87 (69% completion percentage) with four touchdowns and one interception.
- Last year, Antonio Gibson took 170 carries for 795 rushing yards (49.7 yards per game) and scored 11 touchdowns. When it comes to receiving, he also caught 36 passes for 247 yards (15.4 receiving yards per game).
- J.D. McKissic put up 365 rushing yards on 85 carries (22.8 yards per game) and one touchdown last season. McKissic also put his name on the receiving stat lines with 80 catches for 589 yards (36.8 per game) and two touchdowns.
- In the previous season, Terry McLaurin collected 87 receptions for 1,118 yards and four touchdowns. He was targeted 134 times and he averaged 69.9 yards per game.
- Logan Thomas produced last year by catching 72 passes for 670 yards and six touchdowns. He averaged 41.9 receiving yards per game and was targeted 110 times.
Washington: Thomas Davis Sr.: Questionable (Calf), Cole Holcomb: Out (Knee), Kendall Fuller: Questionable (Knee)
New York stats and betting info
Betting trends for New York
- New York covered nine times in 16 games with a spread last season.
- The Giants covered the spread seven times last season (7-3 ATS) when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- New York’s games hit the over three out of 16 times last season.
|Pass yards||208.5 (3336)||29|
|Rush yards||110.5 (1768)||19|
|Points scored||17.5 (280)||31|
|Pass yards against||258.1 (4130)||20|
|Rush yards against||111.4 (1782)||10|
|Points allowed||22.3 (357)||9|
Key players for New York
- Daniel Jones completed 62.5% of his passes to throw for 2,943 and 11 touchdowns last season. Jones also contributed in the run game, tallying one touchdown on 26.4 yards per game.
- Devontae Booker rushed for 423 yards and three touchdowns last season.
- Darius Slayton averaged 46.9 receiving yards and racked up three receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2020 season.
- Sterling Shepard hauled in three touchdowns and had 656 receiving yards (54.7 ypg) in 2020.
- Evan Engram averaged 40.9 receiving yards per game on 6.8 targets per game a season ago.
New York injuries
Giants: Adrian Colbert: Out (Quadricep), Golden Tate: Questionable (Hamstring), Carter Coughlin: Questionable (Hamstring)
Pick for Football Team vs. Giants
Our in-depth games analysis combined with the betting split data from regulated betting sites points to the Football Team being favored to cover the spread against the Giants.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.
About the author
He is a sports nut that has spent his whole life watching every sport on offer in the United Kingdom. In 2015, he started watching Football and Bas...[Read full bio]