Tampa Bay Rays vs. Boston Red Sox: Best Odds and Preview for September 2, 2021
A pair of the league’s top sluggers face off when the Tampa Bay Rays (84-49) and the Boston Red Sox (76-59) meet at 7:10 PM ET on Thursday at Tropicana Field. Brandon Lowe has 31 homers (eighth in the league) for the favored Rays (-166), and Rafael Devers ranks sixth in MLB play with 32 long balls this season for the Red Sox (+144).
Shane McClanahan gets the starting nod for Tampa Bay, and Eduardo Rodriguez is Boston’s choice to start.
Best Odds for Tampa Bay Rays vs Boston Red Sox
Welcome to the BestOdds’ betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Tampa Bay Rays and Boston Red Sox in which the Rays are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Rays vs Red Sox Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||89%||11%|
|% of Stake||96%||4%|
- The Rays have been victorous in 57, or 66.3%, of the 86 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Tampa Bay and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 71 of their 131 opportunities.
- The Rays have scored the most runs (712) in baseball so far this year.
- Tampa Bay has competed as the favorite in nine of its past 10 games and has gone 8-1 in those matchups.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Rays and their opponents are 4-5-1 in their last 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Rays will send McClanahan (9-4) to the mound to make his 21st start of the season as he looks for his 10th win. He is 9-4 with a 3.59 ERA and 117 strikeouts in 100 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Friday, the lefty went six innings against the Orioles, giving up two earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- McClanahan’s team has put together a 13-7 record over his 20 starts.
- McClanahan’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in eight of 20 contests.
Red Sox Insights
- The Red Sox have been the underdog on the moneyline 50 total times this season. They’ve finished 26-24 in those games.
- Boston has played in 135 games with set over/under, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 60 times (60-72-3).
- The Red Sox have the No. 4 offense in MLB action scoring five runs per game (678 total runs).
- Boston was the moneyline underdog in three of its last 10 games, and went 1-2 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Red Sox and their opponents combined to go over the run total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Red Sox will send Rodriguez (10-7) to the mound for his 26th start of the season. He is 10-7 with a 5.12 ERA and 150 strikeouts in 126 2/3 innings pitched.
- The lefty’s most recent time out was on Friday against the Indians, when he tossed seven innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing eight hits.
- Rodríguez’s team has a 16-9 record in his starts this season.
- Rodríguez has had 25 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined to go over the total in 12 of those games.
Pick for Rays vs. Red Sox
The Rays are favored to win over the Red Sox based on our in-depth statistical analysis combined with the betting split data from regulated betting sites.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!