New York Yankees vs. Baltimore Orioles: Best Odds and Preview for September 14, 2021
Gleyber Torres is just two hits away from his 100th of the season as his New York Yankees (80-64) ready for a matchup against the Baltimore Orioles (46-97) on Tuesday at 7:05 PM ET. The Yankees are favored (-342) over the Orioles (+270).
New York’s Gerrit Cole gets the start against Baltimore’s Alexander Wells.
Best Odds for New York Yankees vs Baltimore Orioles
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the New York Yankees and Baltimore Orioles.
- The Yankees have been victorous in 66, or 55.9%, of the 118 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- New York’s games have gone over the total in 63 of their 144 opportunities.
- The Yankees rank 19th in the league with 625 total runs scored this season.
- New York has been favored in nine of its past 10 games and won two of those matchups.
- In their previous 10 matchups with a total posted by oddsmakers, the Yankees and their opponents are 6-4 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Cole gets the start for the Yankees, his 27th of the season. He is 14-7 with a 2.78 ERA and 217 strikeouts in 158 2/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent time out was on Tuesday against the Blue Jays, when the right-hander threw 3 2/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up five hits.
- Cole’s team has won 14 of his 26 starts.
- Cole has had 26 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and 11 of those outings hit the over.
- The Orioles have put together a 42-90 record in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 31.8% of those games).
- Baltimore has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 143 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 73 of those games (73-64-6).
- The Orioles have the No. 25 offense in baseball scoring 4.2 runs per game (600 total runs).
- Baltimore has a 5-4 record from the nine games it was the underdog on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Orioles combined with their opponents to go over the run total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Wells gets the start for the Orioles, his fifth of the season. He is 1-2 with a 7.15 ERA and 17 strikeouts in 22 2/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent time out was on Tuesday against the Royals, when the lefty threw four innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up five hits.
- Wells’ team has a 1-3 record in his starts this season.
- Wells has started four games with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in two of them.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!