Los Angeles Rams vs. Indianapolis Colts: Best Odds and Preview for Week 2
The Los Angeles Rams (1-0) are considered favorites (-4) according to the bookmakers ahead of their game versus the Indianapolis Colts (0-1) on September 19, 2021, starting at 1:00 PM ET. An over/under of 47.5 points has been set for the matchup.
Best odds for Rams vs. Colts
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Los Angeles Rams and Indianapolis Colts in which the Rams are currently the clear pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Rams Vs. Colts Spread Betting Action
Los Angeles stats and betting info
Betting trends for Los Angeles
- Los Angeles won nine games against the spread last season, while failing to cover seven times.
- The Rams were favored by 4 points or more six times last season, and covered the spread in three of those contests.
- Last season, the combined scoring went over the point total four times in Los Angeles’ games.
|Pass yards||261.4 (4183)||15|
|Rush yards||126.1 (2018)||10|
|Points scored||23.3 (372)||22|
|Pass yards against||212.6 (3401)||2|
|Rush yards against||91.3 (1460)||3|
|Points allowed||18.5 (296)||1|
Key players for Los Angeles
- Last season, Matthew Stafford had a monster passing stat line with 4,084 yards (255.3 yards per game), a 64.2% completion percentage (339-of-528), 26 touchdowns, and only 10 interceptions.
- Last year, Darrell Henderson took 138 carries for 624 rushing yards (41.6 yards per game) and scored five touchdowns.
- Sony Michel racked up 449 rushing yards on 79 carries (44.9 yards per game) and one touchdown last season.
- In the previous season, Cooper Kupp grabbed 92 passes (on 124 targets) for 974 yards (64.9 yards per game). He also found the end zone for three touchdowns.
- Robert Woods produced last year by catching 90 passes for 936 yards and six touchdowns. He averaged 58.5 receiving yards per game and was targeted 129 times.
- Last season Tyler Higbee reeled in 44 passes on 60 targets for 521 yards and five touchdowns, averaging 32.6 receiving yards per game.
Los Angeles injuries
Rams: Gerald Everett: Questionable (Back)
Indianapolis stats and betting info
Betting trends for Indianapolis
- Indianapolis put together an 8-8-0 record against the spread last year.
- The Colts were an underdog by 4 points or more once last year, and covered the spread.
- Indianapolis and its opponents combined to go over the point total nine out of 16 times last year.
|Pass yards||261.6 (4186)||14|
|Rush yards||124.8 (1996)||11|
|Points scored||28.2 (451)||9|
|Pass yards against||257.9 (4127)||19|
|Rush yards against||90.5 (1448)||2|
|Points allowed||22.6 (362)||10|
Key players for Indianapolis
- Carson Wentz completed 57.4% of his passes to throw for 2,620 yards and 16 touchdowns last season. Wentz also helped on the ground, tallying five touchdowns on 17.3 yards per game.
- Jonathan Taylor racked up 11 rushing touchdowns on 77.9 yards per game last season. Taylor was also effective in the passing game, totaling 36 catches and one touchdown over the course of the year.
- Nyheim Hines rushed for 380 yards and three touchdowns last season. He also averaged 30.1 receiving yards per game.
- Zach Pascal averaged 39.3 yards on 2.8 receptions per game and compiled five receiving touchdowns in 2020.
- Michael Pittman Jr. caught 40 passes last season on his way to 503 yards and one receiving touchdown.
Colts: Jack Doyle: Out (Ankle), Michael Pittman Jr.: Questionable (Toe), Zach Pascal: Questionable (Ankle), Justin Houston: Questionable (Calf), Isaiah Rodgers: Questionable (Ankle), Julian Blackmon: Questionable (Knee)
Pick for Rams vs. Colts
Bet split data from regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth games analysis favors the Rams to cover the spread against the Colts.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more NFL insights and betting odds check all of our NFL content here.
About the author
He is a sports nut that has spent his whole life watching every sport on offer in the United Kingdom. In 2015, he started watching Football and Bas...[Read full bio]