Los Angeles Chargers vs. Dallas Cowboys: Best Odds and Preview for Week 2
The Los Angeles Chargers (1-0) are considered favorites (-3) according to the bookmakers ahead of their game versus the Dallas Cowboys (0-1) on September 19, 2021, starting at 4:25 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 55 points.
Best odds for Chargers vs. Cowboys
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Los Angeles Chargers and Dallas Cowboys in which the Cowboys are currently the clear pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Chargers Vs. Cowboys Spread Betting Action
Los Angeles stats and betting info
Betting trends for Los Angeles
- Los Angeles compiled a 9-7-0 ATS record last year.
- The Chargers covered the spread twice last season (2-3 ATS) when playing as at least 3-point favorites.
- A total of nine of Los Angeles’ games last season went over the point total.
|Pass yards||284.3 (4548)||6|
|Rush yards||111.5 (1784)||18|
|Points scored||24.0 (384)||18|
|Pass yards against||232.2 (3715)||5|
|Rush yards against||119.8 (1917)||18|
|Points allowed||26.6 (426)||23|
Key players for Los Angeles
- Last season, Justin Herbert put up a monster passing stat line with 4,336 yards (271.0 yards per game), a 66.6% completion percentage (396-of-595), 31 touchdowns, and only 10 interceptions. He also added 234 rushing yards on 55 carries with five rushing touchdowns (averaging 14.6 yards per game).
- Last year, Austin Ekeler went to work rushing for 530 yards on 116 carries (53.0 yards per game) and scored one touchdown. Ekeler collected 40.3 receiving yards per game with 54 catches for 403 yards and two touchdowns as well.
- Joshua Kelley racked up 354 yards on 111 carries (22.1 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns last season.
- In the previous season, Keenan Allen picked up 100 receptions for 992 yards and eight touchdowns. He was targeted 147 times and he averaged 66.1 yards per game.
- Mike Williams also filled up his receiving stat line last year. He bagged 48 receptions for 756 yards and five touchdowns. He was targeted 85 times and averaged 47.3 receiving yards per game.
- Jalen Guyton reeled in 28 passes on 55 targets for 511 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 31.9 yards per game last year.
Los Angeles injuries
Chargers: Justin Jackson: Doubtful (Quadricep)
Dallas stats and betting info
Betting trends for Dallas
- Dallas covered five times in 16 chances against the spread last year.
- When playing as at least 3-point underdogs last season, the Cowboys had an ATS record of 4-3.
- Last year, nine of Dallas’ games went over the point total.
|Pass yards||281.9 (4511)||7|
|Rush yards||111.8 (1788)||17|
|Points scored||24.7 (395)||17|
|Pass yards against||238.8 (3820)||10|
|Rush yards against||158.8 (2541)||31|
|Points allowed||29.6 (473)||28|
Key players for Dallas
- Dak Prescott completed 68% of his passes to throw for 1,856 yards and nine touchdowns last season. Prescott also helped with his legs, tallying three touchdowns on 18.6 yards per game.
- Ezekiel Elliott racked up six rushing touchdowns on 61.2 yards per game last season. Elliott was also effective in the passing game, totaling 52 catches and two touchdowns over the course of the year.
- Tony Pollard ran for four touchdowns on 435 yards a year ago.
- Amari Cooper averaged 69.6 receiving yards and grabbed five receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2020 season.
- CeeDee Lamb caught 74 passes last season on his way to 935 yards and five receiving touchdowns.
- Dalton Schultz hauled in 63 passes on his way to 615 receiving yards and four touchdowns a season ago.
Cowboys: Anthony Brown: Questionable (Ribs), Tyron Smith: Questionable (Neck)
Pick for Chargers vs. Cowboys
Bet split data from regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth statistical analysis favors the Chargers to cover the spread against the Cowboys.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.