Green Bay Packers vs. Detroit Lions: Best Odds and Preview for Week 2
In a matchup of two division rivals, the Green Bay Packers (0-1) will meet the Detroit Lions (0-1). The Packers are heavy favorites (-10.5). The expected point total for the matchup is set at 48.
Best odds for Packers vs. Lions
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Green Bay Packers and Detroit Lions in which the Packers are currently the clear pick to cover the spread at sportsbooks based on money wagered, yet the Lions have picked up a respectable amount of the total number of tickets wagered.
Packers Vs. Lions Spread Betting Action
Green Bay stats and betting info
Betting trends for Green Bay
- Green Bay went 10-6-0 ATS last season.
- The Packers did not cover the spread when favored by 10.5 points or more last season (in one opportunity).
- A total of nine of Green Bay’s games last season hit the over.
|Pass yards||268.7 (4299)||11|
|Rush yards||132.4 (2118)||8|
|Points scored||31.8 (509)||1|
|Pass yards against||237.1 (3793)||8|
|Rush yards against||112.8 (1805)||13|
|Points allowed||23.1 (369)||13|
Key players for Green Bay
- Aaron Rodgers recorded a passing stat line last year of 4,299 passing yards with a 70.7% completion rate (372-of-526), 48 touchdowns, five interceptions, and an average of 268.7 yards per game.
- Last year, Aaron Jones took 201 attempts for 1,104 rushing yards (69.0 yards per game) and scored nine touchdowns. When it comes to receiving, he also caught 47 passes for 355 yards (22.2 receiving yards per game) and scored two touchdowns.
- A.J. Dillon ran for 242 yards on 46 carries (22.0 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns last year.
- In the previous season, Davante Adams grabbed 115 passes (on 149 targets) for 1,374 yards (85.9 yards per game). He also found the end zone for 18 touchdowns.
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling produced last year by grabbing 33 passes for 690 yards and six touchdowns. He averaged 43.1 receiving yards per game and was targeted 63 times.
- Robert Tonyan hauled in 52 passes on 59 targets for 586 yards and 11 touchdowns, putting up 36.6 yards per game last year.
Green Bay injuries
Packers: Montravius Adams: Questionable (Toe), Lucas Patrick: Questionable (Shoulder), Equanimeous St. Brown: Out (Knee), Kenny Clark: Out (Groin), Raven Greene: Questionable (Quadricep), Randy Ramsey: Out (Groin), Lane Taylor: Out (Knee), Josiah Deguara: Questionable (Shin), Billy Turner: Questionable (Knee)
Detroit stats and betting info
Betting trends for Detroit
- Detroit compiled a 7-9-0 record against the spread last year.
- The Lions were an underdog by 10.5 points or more last year once, and failed to cover the spread.
- Detroit and its opponents combined to go over the point total 10 out of 16 times last year.
|Pass yards||274.8 (4397)||8|
|Rush yards||93.7 (1499)||30|
|Points scored||23.6 (377)||20|
|Pass yards against||297.1 (4753)||30|
|Rush yards against||134.9 (2158)||28|
|Points allowed||32.4 (519)||32|
Key players for Detroit
- Jared Goff completed 67% of his passes to throw for 3,952 yards and 20 touchdowns last season.
- D’Andre Swift racked up eight rushing touchdowns on 32.6 yards per game last year. Swift was also effective in the passing game, totaling 46 catches and two touchdowns over the course of the year.
- Jamaal Williams rushed for 505 yards and two touchdowns last season. He also averaged 15.7 receiving yards per game.
- T.J. Hockenson was targeted 6.3 times per game and piled up 723 receiving yards and six touchdowns over the course of 2020.
- Quintez Cephus averaged 21.8 receiving yards per game on 2.2 targets per game a season ago.
Lions: Kenny Golladay: Out (Hamstring), Nick Williams: Questionable (Shoulder), C.J. Moore: Questionable (Hamstring), Desmond Trufant: Out (Hamstring), Hunter Bryant: Out (Hamstring), Halapoulivaati Vaitai: Questionable (Foot), Darryl Roberts: Questionable (Calf), Joe Dahl: Out (Groin)
Pick for Packers vs. Lions
Our in-depth statistical analysis combined with the betting split data from regulated betting sites points to the Packers being favored to cover the spread against the Lions.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more NFL insights and betting odds check all of our NFL content here.