Iowa Sportsbooks Promos
This page contains references to products from one of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Affiliate Policy, visit this page.
Sports betting quickly took off in Iowa once it was legalized, making the state the 11th in the US to offer legalized services.
The best operators in the industry have launched sports betting in the state, with FanDuel and BetMGM among the brands providing betting options in Iowa.
College and professional sports betting is provided, with players having access to many markets and betting odds.
Because top-rated operators are in the market, the bonuses and promotions on offer are ripe for the picking. Sports betting sites are competitive, providing a wide range of deals, from welcome offers to risk-free promotions.
By learning more about the sports betting brands in Iowa and bonus deal types, you can choose the best options that work for your wagering needs.
At Best Odds, we have compiled all the data for Iowa below, including details on the best operators and their welcome deals. Check out all the details below to get started enjoying sports betting in the state.
Are Iowa Sportsbook Promos Worth It?
They are! With so many promotions to choose from, you can quickly locate a deal that works for your betting style and budget.
A few key advantages include:
- Free Bet: With promotions like the no deposit deal, you can post a bet at no cost. This gives you bonus funds to bet with, and you do not have to risk your money to test out the site! Sign up for a new player account, and the bonus cash is added to your account for free.
- Double Your Bankroll: A promotion like the deposit deal will allow you to double your bankroll if the deal is a 100% match. Let’s say you add $100 and get a 100% match of that amount. This gives you $200 to bet with! This is typically the offer provided.
Best Iowa Sports Betting Sites with Signup Bonuses
- Valid through December 31, 2022
- Open to new players in Iowa 21 or older
- Players must deposit $10 or more to activate the deal.
- Example: Deposit $50 and place a qualifying wager. Lose the bet, and $50 in bonus funds are added to your account.
- The bonus should hit your account within 72 hours of the bet closing.
- Valid until further notice
- Open to new players in Iowa
- Bettors must be 21 or older to take part.
- Deposit $10 or more to activate.
- Example: Deposit $50 and receive $50 in bonus cash.
- Bonus funds are added to the account within 48 hours of the deposit.
- Valid through December 31, 2022
- Open to new players located in Iowa
- Players must be 21 years or older to activate the deal.
- The minimum deposit for the deal is not listed.
- Example: Deposit $50 and place a qualifying bet of that amount. You lose the bet, and FanDuel provides $50 in bonus cash to your account.
- Bonus cash is added to the account within 72 hours of the bet closing.
- Offer valid through February 27, 2022
- Open to new DraftKings members in Iowa
- Bettors must be 21 years of age or older.
- Deposit $5 to activate the deal.
- Example: Deposit $50 and earn $10 in bonus cash.
- Bonus cash is added to the account in $1 increments for every $25 wagered.
- Offer open through January 19, 2022
- New players in Iowa only
- Bettors must be 21 or older to take part.
- A $100 bet on the NBA must be made to qualify
- Minimum odds of the bet are set at -200
- After the bet is placed, Caesars will email a digital gift card for the NBA Store.
Iowa Sportsbook Promo Code vs. Bonus Code
When describing promotion details, an online sportsbook might use the term promo code or bonus code. These two terms mean the same thing.
They describe a code you use when depositing to access a promotional deal. Don’t get confused if you see one operator say bonus code and another say promo code.
They mean the same thing, making it easy to know what to do when claiming a deal.
Do You Need An Iowa Promo Code?
Not always. Some sportsbooks require a promo code while others do not. The promotion details will let you know if a code is needed.
When a code is present, enter it correctly to activate the promotion. If you do not see a promotional code, simply click a link to get started.
The operator will usually highlight the words “Get Bonus” or something similar for you to use when activating the deal.
Best Iowa Sports Betting Promos
In general, sportsbooks in Iowa offer the same type of promotions. There are standard options that players look for, such as deposit deals and risk-free bets.
Below I have listed the deals you will come across in the order I feel works best for bettors. Of course, this is only my opinion, and you should always choose promotions based on what you enjoy and what meets your budget needs.
This is by far the best option you can find at an online sportsbook, but it is limited. Sports betting sites don’t offer this deal regularly because they want you to deposit funds.
With this promotion, you do not deposit any cash. Upon sign up, the site gives you bonus funds to wager with.
The deal is a great way to try a site at no cost before investing your money.
As the most common offer you will find at an online sportsbook, it is essential to review this type of deal at multiple sports betting sites to get the best deal.
One sportsbook might offer a high wagering requirement while another does not. A deposit match is a percentage of cashback to your account after a deposit is made up to a certain amount. An example is a 100% match worth up to $400.
You deposit up to $400 and receive the same back in bonus funds. This is a great option when you want to deposit and double your betting cash. Just be aware of the wagering requirements and shop around at various operators for this deal to see who has the best terms and conditions.
With this option, you have a win-win scenario, in my opinion. An example of this deal is a risk-free bet worth up to $100.
You simply deposit up to $100 and place your first bet. If you win, great. The site gives you the $100 back in bonus cash if you lose.
It’s a win-win because you end up with the amount you started with if you lose the wager.
Bet & Get
While this is the last deal on my list, it is not the worst offer. It is simply not offered enough, in my opinion.
The deal allows you to wager a certain amount and receive something in return. An example of this will be if a sportsbook offers $25 for a $50 bet.
Simply wager $50, and you get $25 in bonus cash after placing the qualifying wager.
How To Pick The Best Iowa Sportsbook Promos?
- Watch for No Deposit Deals: Always claim a no deposit deal if it is on offer. This deal does not require a deposit and will allow you to try a new sportsbook at no cost.
- Does the Deal Have High or Low Wagering Requirements? When reviewing a bonus deal, always check the wagering requirements. Does the site have a low or high multiplier for the deal? Compare it with other sites to claim the lowest requirement possible for the same deal, such as a deposit bonus.
- Is there a Time Limit to Complete the offer? Check to see how much time you have to clear a bonus deal. Is it just 24 hours or seven days? Perhaps you have 30 to 60 days. The time frame is essential and must be considered before claiming an offer. Only accept deals that you can finish promptly to clear the bonus cash.
- Are there any Odds Restrictions? Does the deal you are considering have any odds restrictions? Some deals like a risk-free offer are often connected to odds restrictions like a minimum of -200. Be sure to check for this stipulation before claiming a promotion.
How To Use Iowa Sportsbook Bonuses?
If you are new to sports betting and want to claim bonuses, I have one piece of advice: Always read the terms and conditions of the deal.
You want to fully understand how the offer works and what you need to do to claim and clear it before moving forward. It is not uncommon for a new bettor to get in over their head due to high wagering requirements or a short-term limit on the deal.
Understanding the bonus deal allows you to claim it correctly and do what you need to clear the bonus cash and make a withdrawal as quickly as possible.
Do Iowa Sports Betting Bonuses Have Restrictions Or Limitations?
There are restrictions and limitations you will come across when taking advantage of bonus deals in Iowa.
Getting to know what to expect helps you avoid any issues with claiming and clearing a bonus. Check out a few examples below:
- Age and Location Restrictions: Players must be 21 or older and be located in Iowa to claim a sports betting bonus in the state.
- Bet Type Limit: Some online sports betting promotions have bet type limits. You may not be allowed to place a parlay or teaser bet with the bonus. The terms and conditions will let you know if any bet types are prohibited.
- Time Limit: Bonus deals are also limited to specific time frames. You may have only a few days to clear the deal, or perhaps a few months. Always check the time limitations, ensuring you have ample time to complete a bonus offer to avoid forfeiting the bonus cash.
What Are Wagering Requirements?
New players often find wagering requirements confusing, but they are relatively simple to understand. The term wagering requirement refers to the multiplier a player must use to complete a deal.
Each bonus will have a different wagering requirement, usually ranging from 1x to 40x. Whatever the requirement is, you must wager the bonus amount that many times. A $250 bonus on a 1x requirement would mean you bet $250 before you can cash out winnings.
If you are confused by a wagering requirement term, be sure to speak to support and get more clarity before claiming a deal.
Free Bets vs. No-Deposit Bonuses
Let’s look at two common sports betting bonus types, the free bet, and no deposit bonus. A free bet is usually listed as a risk-free wager and allows players to deposit funds and wager up to a certain amount on their first bet.
The site gives the loss back in bonus credit if the wager is lost. There is a limit on how much you can earn in bonus credits, but the option to earn back the loss is one player should take advantage of!
With a no deposit bonus, you get to try a new sportsbook for free. The site gives you bonus credits upon signing up that you can use for betting.
Place your wager with the site’s cash and avoid risking your own. It’s a win-win situation as you get to try the site for free and avoid losing any of your money.
Look For More Than One Iowa Sportsbook Promo
To fully take advantage of the online sports betting market in Iowa, take the time to review all operators in the state and sign up for one account per sports betting site.
Each operator offers varying odds, welcome bonuses, risk-free bets, and other incentives. By shopping around and placing bets with various sportsbooks, you can utilize all the incentives offered within the betting market.
Gambling Problem? Find out how to exclude yourself from casino gambling in Iowa.