Self-Exclusion From Sports Betting In WV
Sports betting is a gambling option in West Virginia, offered both online and in land-based format.
West Virginia was in the original set of states that legalized sports betting post-PASPA and offers an excellent selection of betting markets.
DraftKings, BetMGM, FanDuel, and Caesars Sportsbooks are top-rated brands you will find as a resident or visitor to the state.
Easily access sports betting on a variety of professional and college events. As an avid sports fan and bettor, it is essential to note your betting behavior from time to time.
If you find that you are spending too much or perhaps on the brink of gambling addiction, it is essential that you receive help. West Virginia offers self-exclusion options to cut yourself off from gaming so that you can take a break.
Check out the details of the self-exclusion process and determine if this is the right option for you.
How Do I Get On A Self-Exclusion List In West Virginia?
The West Virginia Lottery is in charge of the self-exclusion list in the state. You must fill out a form through the regulator to be banned from accessing online sportsbooks and land-based options.
- Visit the WV Lottery Customer Resources site: https://wvlottery.com/customer-service/customer-resources/
- Look at the right side and click on the Self-Exclusion Form.
- This will pull up the form you need to fill out to be self-excluded.
- The form requires your name, address, telephone number, last four digits of your social security number, and other information.
- After filling out the personal information, you will need to check yes or no and initial several questions about gambling behavior.
- Sign and date the form.
- Mail the form to: David Bradley, West Virginia Lottery, 900 Pennsylvania Avenue, Charleston, WV 25302
What Will Happen After I Sign Up For A Self-exclusion List?
The West Virginia Lottery will send your personal information to the gambling facilities in West Virginia.
The self-exclusion list is connected to all forms of gambling so that you will be cut off from casinos, including sportsbooks and online casino and sports betting services.
Your photo ID and driver’s license number are part of the information to ensure you are not allowed access to services.
How Do I Get Off A Self-Exclusion List In West Virginia?
- Visit the same WV Lottery Customer Resources page: https://wvlottery.com/customer-service/customer-resources/
- Click on the Self-Exclusion Request Form and download it to your computer.
- Fill out the form with your details and answer the questions on the form.
- Once completed, mail the form to: David Bradley, West Virginia Lottery, 900 Pennsylvania Avenue, Charleston, WV 25302
What Will Happen After I Get Off A Self-exclusion List?
If you are approved for removal from the self-exclusion list, your name is removed, and you are free to visit gambling facilities as well as access online services.
The WV Lottery sends all operators your information so they know to take you off the list. You are free to bet as usual.
How Do You Find Out If You Are Banned From A Sportsbook?
You can contact a local sportsbook to ensure they received your information as an individual on the self-exclusion list. But rest assured. If you filled out an application, regulators have added you to the list.
How Do I Block Myself From Gambling Sites?
Fill out the self-exclusion form provided by gaming regulators on the WV Lottery site as mentioned above.
The process takes just a few minutes, and once you mail the form, it should be processed in a few days. You can also talk to the customer support of individual operators for removal, and all service providers in the state can offer you a self-exclusion option.
How Long Will I Be On The Self-Exclusion List?
The time frame for exclusion appears to be until you request removal.
Struggling with a gambling problem? Learn more about how to get help.