West Virginia Sportsbooks Promos
This page contains references to products from one of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Affiliate Policy, visit this page.
West Virginia is the 5th state in the US to legalize sports betting. Since its beginning, the industry has grown considerably, with sports fans having access to quality providers such as BetMGM and DraftKings.
Because there are so many reputable sportsbooks offering services in the state, players have no shortage of bonus deals to choose from.
Each sportsbook in WV wants you to join, so they create lucrative welcome deals to pull you in. The competitiveness of the operators creates a firestorm of deals for new players and existing members of an operator.
As a new bettor, you may be confused or unsure of which deals you should take advantage of. We have gathered all the necessary details to give you the upper hand when it comes to West Virginia sports betting.
Take a look at recommended operators and their welcome deals, along with what type of bonuses you should expect in the state as a new player, below.
Are West Virginia Sportsbook Promos Worth It?
They are! Promotions in WV are worth claiming. Several options are available to help you earn bonus cash or bonus bets.
A few benefits include:
- Try an Operator at Minimal Risk: With the bonus bets options offered by sports betting apps, you can try out a new sportsbook with minimal risk. While you may have to deposit funds to access the deal, the site gives you a certain amount back in bonus funds if you lose your bet, which cuts down on the risk level.
- Add Extra Funds to Your Account for More Wagering Opportunity: Promotions like first deposit match deals give you bonus funds that boost your overall bankroll. Such deals usually offer a 100% match, which doubles your betting cash!
Just be sure to read the fine print on any deal you are considering. Fully understand the steps you must complete to claim the deal and clear it before moving forward.
WV Sportsbook Promo Code vs. Bonus Code
As you search through WV promotions, you may find one sportsbook uses the term bonus code, and another says promo code.
These terms mean the same thing. Both promo and bonus codes are a series of letters and numbers you must enter to claim a bonus.
Don’t get confused if you see a deal list either term, as they are interchangeable.
Do You Need A West Virginia Promo Code?
This depends. Some deals may require a code while another does not. In the promotion listing, it will showcase a promo code if it is required.
Enter the code when claiming to access the deal. If you do not see the code, click on the deal in an area that says “Get Bonus” or “Claim Now” to get started.
Best West Virginia Sports Betting Promos
While reviewing online sports betting promotions, you will find similar deals among operators. It is recommended that you understand the deal type to know what you are getting into.
Similar deals may also have varying requirements and odds, so always read the terms and conditions. You may be better off skipping a deal at one operator and utilizing it with another.
Below are four standard promos you will encounter in the order I enjoy as a sports bettor. Review these options to determine what will work best for you.
This is my top pick for two reasons: it gets me extra cash in my account and is the most common sportsbook offer.
Generally, this deal offers you a 100% match on your first deposit up to a certain amount, usually $1,000 or less. If I deposit $100, I get $100 in bonus funds, doubling my cash for betting. The only downside to this deal is the wagering requirement.
Some sites have higher requirement amounts than others, so be sure you know what you need to do to clear a deal and that you can meet the terms before claiming.
I love this option, but it is not as prevalent as other deals. With this promotion, you will deposit funds and place a bet.
If you lose, then the sportsbook gives you a cashback bonus for the loss. An example of this deal would be a bonus bet up to $100 with -200 odds.
You deposit up to $100, and if your bet loses, you earn the bonus cashback in the same amount. Make sure you follow the directions, though, and place the correct type of wager to claim the deal correctly.
This would be my top pick for online sports betting promotions if it were more readily available. Most sites don’t offer this option, unfortunately.
This promotion provides you with a set amount of bonus cash for wagering, with no need to deposit. You get to try the sportsbook for free before adding funds.
I like this deal because it lets me try an online sports betting site at no risk.
Bet & Get
With this type of deal, you get something for betting. It is also uncommon but an excellent promotion to come across.
An example of this deal would be for a player to place a $50 bet and receive $25 back in bonus funds, win or lose. It is incentive operators offer players to try a site by receiving something in return.
How To Pick the Best WV Sportsbook Promos
- Do You Want to Deposit Funds? If you are open to depositing cash, any welcome deal will work for you. If you want to skip depositing, seek out no deposit deals.
- Watch for Low Wagering Requirements: Check the terms and conditions of a promo and watch for low wagering requirements. 1x is fantastic, but 10x or less is also an excellent option to go with so you can clear a deal as quickly as possible.
- Check the Odds: With varying sportsbooks in WV, the betting odds will differ. Review similar deals at more than one sportsbook. This way, you can claim the deal with the operator with the best odds to enhance the promotion further.
How To Use West Virginia Sportsbook Bonuses
The best way to use a West Virginia sports betting bonus is to understand the promotion.
Sports fans need to know the wagering requirements, the expiration date of the promotion, and the minimum deposit before starting.
You can quickly clear the deal as long you know and understand the full terms and conditions.
Do WV Sports Betting Bonuses Have Restrictions Or Limitations?
They do, and you need to be aware of what to expect. Every state in the US that offers online sports betting has limitations.
Check out a few standard options below:
- Expiration Dates: Most deals have an expiration date. You must clear the bonus before the allotted time expires. If you don’t, bonus funds are forfeited. Find the expiration information in the terms and conditions section of the deal.
- Wagering Requirements: Promotions may also have wagering requirements. Check to see how many times you must wager a deal before you can cash out. Seek out lower amounts such as 1x to complete deals a quickly as possible.
- Deposit Minimum: Watch out for minimum deposit amounts. This is usually just $10, but it might be more depending on the deal. If you do not deposit enough, the bonus will not activate.
What Are Wagering Requirements?
A factor that new players must learn regarding sportsbook bonuses is wagering requirements. Details of these requirements can always be found in the terms and conditions.
In general, a sportsbook will require you to bet the bonus amount a certain number of times before you can cash out.
The wagering requirement multiplier can range from 1x to 40x. Of course, the lower the multiplier, the better, as you can clear the deal more quickly and cash out winnings.
Free Bets vs. No-Deposit Bonuses
While sorting through deals, you may come across some options that may seem similar. Take the Free Bets and no deposit bonus for instance.
Both offer you bonus cash to wager with, but they do have their differences. A free bet is usually associated with a bonus bet deal. The player must deposit funds, bet a certain amount, sometimes with particular odds, and then lose the deal to earn bonus funds.
With a no deposit offer, the sportsbook gives you a set amount of cash to bet with from the start. You do not have to add funds, but you cannot cash out the no deposit bonus either. It is strictly for wagering only.
Look For More Than One West Virginia Sportsbook Promo
Never limit yourself to just one sportsbook promo in West Virginia. With so many operators on offer, you have plenty of options to earn bonus cash.
Sign up for an account with multiple providers so you can experience what they have to offer and add a little bonus cash to your bankroll along the way!
Gambling Problem? Find out how to exclude yourself from casino gambling in West Virginia.