Self-Exclusion From Casino Gambling In WV
Most gamblers in the state of West Virginia are recreational, enjoying a visit to a local casino or logging online to play slots and table games from home.
The West Virginia Lottery is in charge of the gambling industry in the state and works hard to ensure that players have access to a safe gambling environment.
Part of the Lottery’s responsibility includes offering self-exclusion programs for players who need to take a break from casino games.
Self-exclusion is a voluntary option where you are cut off from online and land-based casino gaming.
An individual can get back on track by taking a break, learning how to tackle any gambling issue such as addiction or overspending. However, most players do not know how to sign up for such a program.
We have researched the options and list information below that can be used when you or a loved one need to take a break from gambling.
How Do I Get On A Self-Exclusion List In West Virginia?
- To begin the process, you need to visit the West Virginia Lottery site here: https://wvlottery.com/customer-service/customer-resources/. Scroll down to the Forms section on the right side and click on Self Exclusion Form.
- The form will pop up in a new window and will need to be filled out. Include your name and other personal information, such as your social security number and address.
- Select yes or no for questions below the personal info section and initial what you agree to, including exclusion from all casinos and mobile applications associated with the state lottery.
- Print a copy of your photo ID to attach to the application.
- Have the form notarized and sent to the following address: David Bradley, West Virginia Lottery, 900 Pennsylvania Avenue, Charleston, WV 25302
What Will Happen After I Sign Up For A Self-Exclusion List?
Once the process is complete, you are banned from all casino gaming in West Virginia, including casino facilities and online gaming sites.
How Do I Get Off A Self-Exclusion List In West Virginia?
You must request to be removed from the self-exclusion list.
Visit the same Lottery page: https://wvlottery.com/customer-service/customer-resources/ and look to the right for the Self-Exclusion Removal Form.
Download the form and fill it out, sending it to the same address as above.
What Will Happen After I Get Off A Self-Exclusion List?
Once you are off the list, you are free to log online to casino sites or visit local establishments that offer gaming.
How Do You Find Out If You Are Banned From A Casino?
You are instantly banned once you are added to the self-exclusion list in West Virginia.
How Do I Block Myself From Gambling Sites?
The self-exclusion process listed above will block you from online gambling sites.
You can also choose to speak with the operators you frequent to see what options might be available.
How Long Will I Be On The Self-Exclusion List?
The West Virginia Lottery does not list specific time frames on its website. It is unclear as to how long self-exclusion will last.
Struggling with a gambling problem? Learn more about how to get help.