Washington Sports Betting
This page contains references to products from one of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Affiliate Policy, visit this page.
Officials in Washington State legalized sports betting in 2020 and it has taken some time to get the industry up and running.
Currently, rules and regulations are under consideration and the licensing process must finish up before tribal casinos can offer services.
Mobile betting will be allowed on tribal land as well as retail options. It is expected that big-name providers like FanDuel and DraftKings will be vying for licensing.
Pros & Cons Of Betting On Sports In Washington
- The best companies are set to offer services.
- There are 24 tribes in the state which sets up potential for a large betting industry.
- All sports are covered including football, basketball, baseball, and many more.
- Betting types range from moneylines and futures to props and totals.
- Retail outlets provide an exciting space for betting as well as watching games.
- Mobile betting is only allowed on tribal lands.
- Retail betting is also restricted to tribes, which cuts down on the number of facilities.
- You must visit a tribal casino or reservation lands to post wagers.
- A legal fight from local card rooms wanting in on the action may affect the overall sports betting market.
- Tribes may not be interested in mobile betting as players will be physically on site.
Would We Bet On Sports At Washington Sportsbooks?
Yes, and no. Online betting is legal in the state but restricted to tribal lands. So far, none of the two dozen tribes in the state have announced plans for online services.
Hopefully, the option will be offered, but since players have to travel to the tribal lands to access gaming, the operators might not find it in their best interest to offer land-based and iGaming.
Essentially, we would bet on sports in the state, if we were at a casino on tribal lands. However, the restrictive nature of the industry makes it a little less convenient when compared to other states.
While services will be the same as top providers like BetMGM, it is a bummer to have to travel to a casino to place a bet, be it online or in person. The services are by no means lacking, it is simply the need to travel that makes it less appealing.
How To Sign Up At A Betting Site
Even if you are new to online sports betting, signing up for a new player account is simple.
- First, you need to visit the sportsbook and select the ‘Join Now’ or ‘Sign Up’ button.
- Fill out the registration form with your name, address, email, telephone, and last four digits of your social. This information is used to verify your identity.
- You will also need to send in a copy of your photo ID for additional verification. In general, you should be approved fairly quickly.
However, it can take up to 48 hours in some cases. It is important to note that you should only sign up for one account per provider.
Do not try to create more than one account at FanDuel, DraftKings or another operator. Setting up multiple accounts is not allowed and can result in your account being locked.
In the United States, when an individual state has legalized online sports betting, geolocation technology is used to ensure the player is actually located in an approved state.
GeoComply is the go-to provider of such technology and is required before you can post bets for real money. The software takes just a few minutes to download and operates behind the scenes.
You cannot access betting until you verify your location by downloading the software.
Sports Betting Apps
Sports betting apps are a convenient way to enjoy sports betting. With an app on your Android or iOS device, you can wager with ease.
The operator provides everything you need within the app including the cashier for deposits and withdrawals, customer support, betting markets, and promotions.
Players prefer apps as the platform provides instant access to betting with no wait times.
Pros & Cons Of Sports Betting Apps
- Apps are easy to download and use for wagering.
- Operators offer services on all devices, including iOS and Android.
- Access quality promotions exclusive to mobile betting.
- Wager with the touch of a button instead of having to visit a sportsbook.
- Easily keep track of your betting slip.
- Mobile sports betting is restricted to tribal lands instead of offered throughout the state.
- Apps are convenient, which can lead to a gambling problem.
- Some bettors may have a difficult time wagering on smaller mobile devices due to control sizes.
- Mobile wagering lacks the appeal of in-person betting during a big game.
- Banking methods may be limited based on what suits an individual player needs.
Below are examples of apps you may find in Washington if mobile gaming launches in the state:
BetRivers Sportsbook App
As part of Rush Street Interactive, the BetRivers app offers an extensive collection of sports betting options. The brand offers services across the United States and has a quality rewards program. Easily post bets on your favorite teams or players in the NFL, MLB, NBA, and other professional sports leagues.
BetMGM Sportsbook App
Quickly becoming a top choice among bettors, BetMGM provides a top-rated sportsbook. There are options for live betting as well as wagering on niche sports. The brand has quickly built a solid footprint in US states and continues to revamp its offering to meet bettors’ needs.
DraftKings Sportsbook App
Another great sport betting brand, the DraftKings app features amazing promotions, quality betting, and a seamless app experience. Find a nice selection of prop bets, live to bet, and more via the app or desktop site.
How To Fund Your Betting Account
Once you create an online sport betting account, you need to fund it. Adding cash is simple with quality banking methods. Just pick your method and amount to add, then follow the instructions provided to complete the process.
The same can be said for withdrawing. Operators in Washington State offer only the best options to ensure that you can fund your account with ease.
How To Deposit:
- Log in to your online sports betting account.
- Select the ‘Cashier’ and ‘Deposit’ section.
- Choose a method and enter in the amount you wish to add.
- Follow the steps provided to add funds.
- Once you see the cash in your account, you are ready to place real money sports bets.
How To Withdraw:
- Visit your sportsbook account and log in.
- Click on the ‘Cashier’ and select ‘Withdraw.’
- Choose your preferred method of withdrawal and the amount you wish to remove from your account.
- Follow the directions provided to complete the process.
Online Sportsbook Payment Process
Each operator in Washington State offers premium banking options so you have no trouble adding funds or starting a withdrawal. In the US, operators use the same methods, which makes it easy for you to move from one provider to the next and use the same banking options if you like.
Common Deposit Methods:
- Visa and MasterCard credit or debit cards
- PayPalOnline banking
- VIP Preferred
Common Withdrawal Methods:
- Online banking
- VIP Preferred
How Do Sports Betting Sign Up Offers Work?
One of the perks of online sports wagering is signup offers. Whenever you join a new site, the operator provides a welcome deal to entice you to join. This can be a first deposit offer, no deposit deal, or a risk-free bet.
All the available deals are worth considering since they allow you to try a site for free or earn bonus cash for depositing. Check out the details of each offer below.
First Deposit Offer
This deal is best for players who are ready to make a deposit at an online sportsbook. By using a coupon code, you can earn cashback based on your first deposit amount. In general, this deal will offer you a percentage match in bonus cash worth up to a certain amount.
An example of this type of deal would be a 100% first deposit match worth up to $750. Deposit as much as $750 and the site provides you the same amount back in bonus funds.
Deals like this also come with wagering requirements. It is essential that you understand the requirements and fulfill them correctly to clear the deal and be able to make a withdrawal of winnings.
Most requirements include wagering the bonus plus the deposit amount a certain number of times. Read all the terms and conditions to check out the requirements you must meet. If you do not understand the terms or language used, reach out to customer support for guidance.
No Deposit Offer
Players who want to avoid making a deposit to place a bet should look for no deposit deals. This type of promotion offers a bet limit that you can place at no cost to you.
An example of this might be a $20 no deposit offer. Wager $20 provided by the site. If you win, then you get to keep the spoils.
However, in most cases, this type of deal requires you to make a deposit before you can withdraw winnings.
This type of bet sounds enticing, but is it really risk free? In general, yes. Online sports betting providers allow you to deposit and bet a certain amount. If the bet is a loss, then you receive the same amount in bonus cash.
While you cannot keep the bonus cash, you can wager with it, which means you are back to where you first started when you loaded the account. There are wagering requirements connected to this deal as well, so be sure you read them thoroughly before claiming.
Where Can I Place A Bet In Washington State?
In Washington State, you are technically allowed to place a bet online, but only on tribal lands. Tribal casino operators are also allowed to offer retail sportsbooks.
It is expected that sports betting will begin in the fall if the legal processes are completed on the estimated timeline.
Washington State Sports Betting Laws And Tax Rates
Governor Jay Inslee signed sports betting legislation into law in March 2020. The process of sports betting services launching is connected to tribal operations in the state.
New compacts were signed between several tribes and the state, but the federal government must give final approval before any sports betting operations can begin.
The activity is strictly offered to tribes only. However, major brands can provide services if they are teamed up with local tribes.
Currently, the rules of the industry are under consideration. Tax rates and other details are still being worked out by officials.