Virginia Online Casinos
This page contains references to products from one of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Affiliate Policy, visit this page.
Online casino gaming is not yet legal in Virginia, but the potential is there. For many years, the state was void of retail casinos, but that is about to change.
Lawmakers approved legislation in 2020 that paved the way for casinos in Bristol, Danville, Portsmouth, and Norfolk. The capital city of Richmond is also expected to add a casino if voters approve a referendum on the November 2021 ballot.
As the state welcomes traditional casino gaming via brick-and-mortar venues, officials will hopefully see how the industry can benefit from online casino services as well.
Pros & Cons Of Playing At Online Casinos In Virginia
- Casino games can be played at home or on the go.
- iOS and Android devices allow users to visit online casinos from multiple devices.
- Available promotions add extra cash or spins to your gaming account.
- Banking methods are catered to US players for quick deposits and withdrawals.
- Avoid the added cost of traveling to a land-based casino by playing online.
- The convenience of online gambling can lead to addiction if not appropriately monitored.
- Lack of internet connection results in the inability to play online.
- You must be located within the borders of the state to access services.
- Promotions may be lacking based on the provider.
Would We Play At Virginia Online Casinos?
This remains to be seen. The state is just now preparing to add land-based casinos. In time, we feel that lawmakers will begin considering online casino legislation to push ahead with iGaming in the state.
We expect that if online casino gaming is launched in Virginia, then big-name players like FanDuel, DraftKings, and BetMGM will offer services.
These operators already offer gambling services in the state with sports betting, so it would not be surprising to find these brands providing online casino gaming as well.
How To Sign Up At Online Casinos
Creating a new player account at an online casino is a simple process. However, if you are new to iGaming, you may be unsure of how to get started.
Below are the complete steps to setting up an account and what to expect within the process:
- Visit an online casino provider in the state and click on the ‘Join Now’ or ‘Sign Up’ button.
- Fill out the registration form with your name, email, address, telephone number, and additional information, including the last four digits of your social security number.
- Agree to terms and conditions and submit the form.
- Verify your account via email and send in additional documents, such as a copy of your photo ID as needed.
- Log in to your new account, make a deposit, and you are ready to play!
Be sure to avoid creating more than one account with a single operator. If you try to create multiple accounts, even using a new email, it can result in your account being locked.
This is something you definitely want to avoid.
Online casino regulators require operators to use geolocation technology to determine a player’s location in every US state. Laws state that players must be located within a state’s borders where online casino games are legal before gaining access to real money.
Operators ask that you download software like GeoComply to prove your location. Operating in the background, GeoComply allows you to quickly start gambling without the need for additional location verification.
Online Casino Apps
A popular way to enjoy online casino games is with an iOS or Android app. Consumers look to smartphones in everyday life for shopping, dining, and even ordering groceries. The same can be said for casino gaming.
Apps are readily available for casino fans, providing access to operator platforms where slots, table games, video poker, keno, bingo, and live dealer titles are ready to play.
It takes just a few seconds to download an app, and once logged in, you will find the same excellent desktop experience on your mobile device.
Pros & Cons Of Online Casino Apps
- Play any casino games you like from a smartphone or tablet.
- Take gaming on the go as your mobile device can access online casino games from anywhere.
- Access promotions to add bonus funds to your account.
- Apps provide a streamlined experience with straightforward controls and an intuitive interface.
- Find slots, table games, video poker, and more all on the app platform.
- Apps may not be compatible with older devices.
- The convenience of mobile betting can lead to gambling addiction issues.
- Some apps may not offer the full selection of games when compared to desktops.
- Without an internet connection, you are unable to play games.
- Some users find mobile apps too small to truly enjoy spinning slots or playing table games.
The exact operator apps offered in Virginia are not available due to a lack of licensing.
However, we expect DraftKings, BetMGM, and FanDuel to be among the operators vying for online casino licensing when the ability arises.
BetMGM Casino App
BetMGM online casino offers a premium experience via a desktop site and mobile app. As a member, you have access to many games, including a long list of slots, table games, video poker, virtual sports, and live dealer.
Take advantage of new and existing player bonuses to add cash to your account for a larger bankroll. The app and site run smoothly, with an intuitive interface for seamless gameplay.
DraftKings Casino App
Quality games and lucrative promotions are just a taste of what you will find at the DraftKing online casino site.
The brand has upped its game when it comes to casino options, providing players with an extensive collection of over 500 titles to choose from. Whether you are a beginner player or an advanced bettor, there is plenty to explore.
FanDuel Casino App
Another brand that increased its online casino presence in the US is FanDuel. With safe and secure services, FanDuel online casino offers all you need for a quality experience.
Casino promos and bonuses are prevalent, along with the premium selection of slots and table games. Deposits are fast, and winnings can be withdrawn within 24 hours for quick access.
How To Fund Your Betting Account
One of the most critical factors to an online casino account is the banking methods on offer. All providers generally use options like credit cards, online banking, and PayPal for ease of deposit and withdrawal.
In general, online casino operators in the United States provide similar options, which makes it easy for players to deposit or withdraw funds.
How To Deposit Funds:
- Visit a licensed online casino where you are a member.
- Log in to your account and click on the ‘Cashier’ section.
- Select the ‘Deposit’ tab and choose a method.
- Enter in the amount to add and follow the directions to complete the transaction.
- Once the transaction is complete, you can see the money in your account.
- Start playing your favorite online casino games with real money now!
How To Withdraw Funds:
- Log in to an existing online casino account.
- Click on the ‘Cashier’ and choose the ‘Withdraw’ tab.
- Enter in the amount of cash you wish to remove plus the chosen banking method.
- The provider will then offer instructions on how to complete the transaction.
- Once the process is complete, you should receive your funds shortly and spend it as you like!
Online Casinos Payment Process
No matter your banking needs, you will find an option that works from reputable providers. Online casino operators understand the needs of US players and offer options that ensure quick deposit and withdrawal.
Usually, the same methods are provided throughout a given state to help every player start playing and receiving real money.
Common Deposit Methods:
- Online banking
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Play+ Card
Common Withdrawal Methods:
- Online banking
- VIP Preferred
How Do Online Casino Sign Up Offers Work?
Once you create an online casino account, you will start to see signup offers pop up. These are special deals the online casino provides that offer extra cash or other incentives to your account.
First deposit deals, no deposit offers, and free bets are the most common promotions you can find. Check out more about these deals below so you can build a nice bankroll with each provider.
First Deposit Offer
This deal is the most common one you will find at an online casino site. Using a unique bonus code, you are given a bonus cash match based on your deposit amount.
Usually, this deal offers a 100% match worth up to a certain amount, like $500. If you deposit $500, then you are given $500 back in bonus funds.
With this type of promotion and others, there are wagering requirements you will need to clear to withdraw your wins. Be sure to read the terms and conditions to understand what you must do to complete the deal.
If you have wagering requirements such as 25x the bonus plus deposit amount, you will need to wager the total 25x before you can withdraw funds.
No Deposit Offer
A no deposit deal is a popular option among players as it doesn’t require a deposit. You are given a certain amount of bonus cash to play with at the site.
The money allows you to try casino games without investment. However, you will have to deposit before you can withdraw any wins you earn from the bonus cash.
Another option you will commonly see is a free bet. Online casino operators usually connect this deal with a table game such as blackjack.
You are provided a free bet of a certain amount to use on a specific game. This deal is a great way to give a new game a try without risking your funds.
Where Can I Gamble In Virginia?
Currently, casino gambling is unavailable in Virginia, but it’s coming. Once the approved cities begin constructing casinos, there will be at least four and possibly five casinos for players to access across the state.
Virginia Online Casino Laws And Tax Rates
Because there is a lack of online casino legislation under review, there are no laws or tax rates to consider. Once legislation is proposed, lawmakers will provide a clear picture of what the state plans to offer.