This page contains references to products from one of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Affiliate Policy, visit this page.
There is a fine line between Daily Fantasy Sports and sports betting.
While at first glance, they are different, there are certain DFS platforms that firmly resemble player props, which are a staple in the sports wagering landscape.
When you think of DFS, you think of salary cap-based lineup building that you will find at FanDuel and Draftkings. However, DFS goes much deeper.
With platforms like ThriveFantasy, among others, you will find that you build your ticket from player props.
ThriveFantasy distinguishes itself by being a Daily Fantasy sports and esports app for player props where you don’t need to dig deep in the player pool to keep pace with the DFS sharks.
At ThriveFantasy, you will find easy-to-pick props on the notable players across the most popular sports.
If you have never heard of ThriveFantasy, don’t fret. They aren’t new. Thrive was founded back in 2016 in New York.
And while Thrive may never catch up to the larger platforms in the DFS space, they don’t have to.
The big dogs are points and salary cap based while Thrive is prop based. They are two different animals that cater to two completely different customers.
As Thrive continues to grow, they have added all the major sports including e-sports.
Thrive is also partnered with the Jacksonville Jaguars and Los Angles Chargers.
They aren’t where they want to be, but Thrive is off to a tremendous start and is gaining traction by the year.
So come PropUp on ThriveFantasy!
Pros & Cons Of ThriveFantasy
- Easy to use interface
- Available on the web and in in-app form
- Variety of markets
- Limited contest types
- Not many payment options
- Limited promos for existing users
Would We Play at ThriveFantasy?
Yes. I would absolutely play at ThriveFantasy. In fact, I have been in the industry for a long time.
I have played at Thrive upon its launch and have been an avid customer ever since.
I like the fact that Thrive puts out a different product from the salary-cap-based DFS platforms which water down the sharks.
I also enjoy the variance in contest types ranging from GPPs (guaranteed prize pool) and H2H (head-to-head) gaming options.
Betting Odds Quality
ThriveFantasy does not offer odds in the traditional sense as it is a DFS site. Therefore I can’t make any comment in this regard.
An In-Depth Look At ThriveFantasy
Founded in New York in 2016, ThriveFantasy is owned and operated by Adam Weinstein and is a growing Daily Fantasy sports and esports app for player props.
So far, they have awarded over $10 million in total.
The fact that Thrive is prop-based makes it unique since when you think of DFS, you normally think of salary-cap lineup building.
Thrive caters to everyone, not just the DFS sharks in the proverbial pond.
Rather than focusing on deep player pools and salary caps, Thrive is geared toward player props from the top players in your favorite sports.
This eliminates countless hours of research and helps you focus only on the top-tier athletes that will have the biggest impact on the match.
You can choose 10 out of 20 available player props to build your lineup. For each of these props, a fantasy value is assigned for the Over and Under based on how likely it is to hit.
To win you must hit the most props and rack up the most points to win a share of the prize pool.
To crack a salary cap-based DFS platform takes a ton of research and time out of your day.
And while you will need to put in the work to win at Thrive, you don’t need to dig as deep to cash a winning ticket.
At Thrive, forget about researching a wide receiver’s red zone target rate or a guard’s three-point percentage. You just need the basics to win at Thrive.
ThriveFantasy Bonus Details
ThriveFantasy does not run many promos for existing users, but they have one of the most aggressive new user sign-up bonuses I have seen on DFS platforms.
Upon signing up with ThriveFantasy, you will have two options as a bonus offer for new users.
- Deposit $50 and get 2 free $20 contest entries
- Deposit $100 and get 4 free $20 contest entries
There is also more on top of those free contest entries. New users will also receive a 100% deposit match up to $100.
I can’t remember a DFS platform giving so much in all my years in the industry.
To activate these bonuses, you need to do three things!
- Sign up and decide how much you want to deposit.
- Use the promo code BESTODDS. You also have the option to click the Get Bonus link you will find right here at Bestodds.com instead of the code.
- Make your initial deposit and away we go
Remember, that ThriveFantasy has the right to take back free entry tickets or bonus funds if you do not use them in 45 days. Bonus funds also come with a 4x rollover requirement.
If you want to be notified whenever a promo goes live, the best way is by following the site’s social media pages or checking the ThriveFantasy promotions page.
Registration Process At ThriveFantasy
If you want to register for a new account at ThriveFantasy, the process couldn’t be easier. If you have signed up to any DFS platform or sportsbook before, then you know the deal.
Here’s what you need to do:
- The first thing you want to do is ensure that you will unlock your new user sign-up bonus. You can do so by clicking the link right here at BestOdds.com or using the code BESTODDS at sign up.
- On the first page of registration, you will need a username, password, and email. You will also need to enter your date of birth. And if you want to use the promo code I mentioned, you will do so here.
- Boom. That is it. While sportsbooks will ask you for more information like the last 4 digits of your SSN and full name, you don’t need to do so at most DFS platforms. You can fill all of that out later.
- Finally, you will make your initial deposit to activate your bonus and you are now ready to enter contests.
ThriveFantasy App Experience
Before you can use the ThriveFantasy app, you must download it.
Downloading the Thrive app is simple. If you have ever downloaded any other app in your life, you will know how to do it.
Here is the process:
- Visit the app store on your device. The Thrive app is available in the iOS and Android stores
- Next, enter “ThriveFantasy” in the search bar and hit submit
- When you see Thrive under the options that come up click the download button
- Now that the app has finished downloading, you can log into it
The ThriveFantasy app is similar to the website. Only I feel that it is easier to navigate.
I have yet to experience any lag as there is not much clutter once you are in the app itself.
Once you are signed in, you will reach the home landing page.
This is where you will find the most popular contests Thrive is offering for the day’s slate of games.
There is also a filtering option that will you to mix and match sports and contest options according to your preferences. If you only want MLB and NHL, you can do so here.
You can also use the filter to choose the type of contest, entry fee, and prize amount as well.
At the top left-hand side of the home page, you will see an option called “House Props.”
If you click on that button, it will take you to the Thrive prop lobby. Here, you can play in multiplier contests.
On the top right-hand side of the page, you will find your wallet and account options. This is where you can make deposits and withdrawals.
You can also update your personal information here as well.
ThriveFantasy’s app is high quality and fast. It is also easy on the eye and even easier to navigate.
I suggest you read the reviews and download them to see for yourself.
Every sports betting site and DFS platform requires GeoComply software to operate. GeoComply is the same thing as geolocation.
This software allows the platform to pinpoint your location to ensure you are wagering within a legal state or region.
This protects both the platform and the consumer from breaking any laws.
If you are using a mobile device, this software is already installed. You may need to activate it in your settings, however.
If you are using a laptop or PC, you may have to install the software. But in 2022, most devices already have this.
ThriveFantasy Site Experience
While I do prefer the ThriveFantasy app to the desktop version, the desktop version will suffice, especially if you prefer a larger screen as many do.
Thrive puts out a dark aqua blue on top of an aqua blue color scheme, which makes it really easy on the eyes.
You can also easily navigate around the desktop version while finding everything that you need to enter a contest all in one place.
Although the desktop version of Thrive appears a bit dated, it is still speedy as I have yet to experience any lag in years of using it.
From your wallet, contest types, all the way through sports markets, and account options, you can get to where you need to go on the Thrive homepage.
ThriveFantasy offers all of the major sports that you will find at most sportsbooks and competitive DFS platforms:
ThriveFantasy Contest Types
ThriveFantasy offers three different contest types which I will explain below:
- Traditional: This is where users can compete against each other in head-to-head contests. Here, you will find two different contest types – Cash and GPP. Cash games are similar to double-ups that you will find at FanDuel. The top half of the player pool wins. For GPPs, a predetermined percentage of the player pool will win portions of the pot determined by how they place.
- Prop Lobby: In the Prop Lobby, users can play in multiplier contests. You will pick 2-4 player props to build your lineup from and you can choose from players from different sports. Then, you will pick your entry amount which will range from $1-$200. To win, you must get all of your picks correct. The more picks you choose, the more you can win multiplier fashion.
- Versus: These contests are your standard head-to-head games with one winner and one loser. The winner takes all
Deposit & Withdrawals
ThriveFantasy does not have many banking options.
Especially if you use sports betting sites a lot, you will find that most DFS platforms will not offer as many banking options. Therefore, Thrive is up to par with its competitive DFS operators.
Making a deposit at Thrive is easy. It is no different than you will find at any other DFS operator.
How to make a deposit:
- Log in to your ThriveFantasy account
- Click on the cashier option
- Select your banking method of choice
- Enter the amount you want to deposit and click the submit button
Remember, all deposit methods are made instantly and have a $10 minimum.
Here are your deposit methods:
- Credit Card
Similar to making a deposit, your ThriveFantasy withdrawal process is just as easy.
How to make a withdrawal:
- Log in to your ThriveFantasy account
- Click on the cashier option
- Select the withdrawal tab and how you want to get your funds
- Enter the amount to want to withdraw and click on the submit button
Remember that all withdrawal methods have a $20 minimum and can take up to 72 hours to process.
Here are your withdrawal methods at Thrive:
- Bank Transfer
ThriveFantasy State Restrictions
While DFS is legal in more states than sports betting, it is still not up and running everywhere despite the revenue gain a state can gain from it.
The good thing is that Thrive is legal in over 30 states including Michigan and New York. However, in some states such as Pennsylvania, Arizona, and Virginia we’ll have to wait a bit longer for Thrive to be accessible.
At this time, ThriveFantasy is not running any loyalty or rewards programs.
ThriveFantasy has many terrific features, but customer service is not one of them. Thrive does not offer many customer service options compared to its competitors.
Here are the Customer Service options for Thrive:
- email: admin@ThriveFantasy.com
- Social Media: @thrivefantasy (Twitter, Facebook, Discord)
I have not found any live chat or phone service for Thrive’s customer service.
ThriveFantasy Safety And Security
Like most DFS operators, ThriveFantasy prioritizes its customer’s safety, privacy, and security. Thrive is committed to protecting its customer’s personal information at all costs.
They also deploy advanced firewalls to protect their privacy and banking systems from malicious attacks.
When you cash out, you will also be notified by email to ensure that you have requested the transaction. This is the norm for most DFSand sports betting platforms.