Resorts Review & App Experience
Pros & Cons Of Resorts
- Live betting is included
- Has bets on all the major sports and leagues
- Resorts sportsbook is licensed and regulated
- Good welcome bonus with lenient wagering requirements
- An adequate number of deposit options are listed on the site
- Customer service isn’t reliable
- The site may be hard to navigate for some
- Withdrawal options are very limited
- Loading on both the site and app can also take a while
- Ongoing promos aren’t very appealing
This page contains references to products from one of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Affiliate Policy, visit this page.
Atlantic City’s Resorts Casino is an established name that has been in the gambling scene for decades since the casino’s launch in 1978. The brand has an online casino launched in the early 2010s, so an online sportsbook was always inevitable.
In January 2019, months after the federal ban on sports betting was repealed in the US, Resorts sportsbook launched in New Jersey. They were a bit late to the game and did so after seeing the success of online brands like DraftKings, with who they are affiliated.
Due to Resorts’ rich history, bettors would naturally expect a lot from this brand. The great news is that the Resorts sportsbook has a few unique perks that make it stand out.
The sportsbook gives bettors a great all-around experience, and the inclusion of a casino section is always a highlight for any betting site. New bettors can also look forward to the sportsbook’s appealing welcome bonus. However, the sportsbook does have its downsides as well.
To ensure that you have all the necessary information you need before you sign up on the site, we’ll give you an unbiased review of this fully licensed sportsbook.
Pros & Cons About Resorts Sportsbook
- Resorts sportsbook is licensed and regulated.
- Live betting is included.
- Offers bets on all the major sports and leagues.
- Good welcome bonus with lenient wagering requirements.
- An adequate number of deposit options are listed on the site.
- Customer service isn’t reliable.
- The site may be hard to navigate for some.
- Loading on both the site and app can also take a while.
- Withdrawal options are very limited.
- Ongoing promos aren’t very appealing.
Would We Place Sports Bets At Resorts Sportsbook?
Resorts sportsbook tries to balance all its offerings. You’ll find that the sportsbook prefers to have an all-around pleasing experience rather than standing out in one or two areas.
So, for the most part, bettors shouldn’t have an issue when opting for this book.
However, despite the improvement that the site has made, it still feels like a casino-heavy site. The sportsbook doesn’t quite feel like it’s the main priority.
This could be because the sportsbook and the casino operate on the same app and platform, so maybe separating the two could solve this.
Either way, Resorts sportsbook is still good enough for anyone looking for a new sportsbook, so you shouldn’t hesitate to sign up on it.
Betting Odds Quality
Odds offered by the sportsbook are pretty much industry standard. For the most part, you’ll be pleased by the odds offered as they seem to be fairly priced and competitive enough to compete with other sportsbooks.
Extra value can also be spotted on a few occasions, especially in sports like basketball, football, and baseball, so it’s worth keeping an eye on such events.
The default format used to display odds is the American odds format. However, the book does give users the freedom to switch between American odds and decimal odds.
An In-Depth Look At Resorts
Resorts sportsbook may be new to many, but the brand has been around for decades. Resorts Casino opened its doors on May 26, 1978; by doing so, it became the first casino to open legally outside of Nevada. So it’s safe to say that the casino was instrumental in solidifying Atlantic City’s status as a gambling haven.
In 2018, after the Supreme Court overturned the ban on sports betting, Resorts jumped into the world of sports betting. The casino first partnered with DraftKings, the first online sportsbook to launch in New Jersey when it did so in August 2018.
A few months later, in January 2019, Resorts launched its own online sportsbook in New Jersey. The sportsbook, which SBTech powers, merged with Resorts’ online casino, launched in 2015—to become one integrated betting site.
The sportsbook aims to live to the brand’s iconic reputation by giving bettors a wide variety of betting options in one simple, accessible package. You’ll find all the major sports plus more, and all the usual betting options are available at great odds.
Plus, the sportsbook’s site has an inviting blue theme that keeps you at ease as you place your bets, which fits the casino’s iconic style.
Resorts Bonus Details
One great thing about Resorts that bettors will surely love is the sportsbook’s welcome bonus. Currently, Resorts sportsbook has the following welcome offer:
Risk-Free Bet Worth Up To $250
Since this is a welcome bonus, only new customers qualify for this offer. This risk-free bet offered by Resorts Sportsbook works in the following way:
- If the first cash sports bet that you place ends up being settled as a loss, Resorts will refund your stake back as a free bet worth the same amount. However, the maximum that the sportsbook will refund is $250. So if you wager $150 you qualify for a free bet worth $150. On the other hand, if you wager $500, the maximum that you qualify for is $250.
- If that first bet is a win or a push, no bonus is awarded.
- The free bet awarded can only be used on sports bets and not on casino games.
- There is a 1x wagering requirement. This means that you just need to wager the free bet once on any sporting event for you to be able to convert the bonus to cash. However, only the winnings will be awarded to you as the free bet stake used to place the bet is not included in the payout. For example, a free bet worth $250 that is used on an event with odds of +100 will have a total cash payout of $250 instead of $500.
- You need to use the free bet amount awarded all at once. If you wager only a certain amount of the free bet, the balance that has not been wagered will be forfeited.
- Bettors have 30 days to wager the free bet before it expires.
The other promo that is currently being offered is a weekly $5 free bet. To get this free bet, you need to make a minimum of 10 valid sports wagers during the week, i.e., from Friday to Thursday.
You can contact customer support to learn the most up-to-date bonuses or check the Resorts promotions page.
Registration Process At Resorts
Resorts sportsbook may currently only be available in New Jersey, but you aren’t required to be a state resident to sign up on the site.
However, keep in mind that you’ll need to be within NJ’s boundaries to place a sports bet.
Signing up at Resorts sportsbook is extremely easy. The simplified registration process is outlined below:
- Go to Resorts’ site or download the app. Once there, click the green ‘Join Now’ button that should at the top of your screen.
- Enter your email. Click next.
- Enter a password. Confirm it. Then click next.
- Enter your full name and your date of birth. Click next.
- Enter your home address details. This will include your address information, city, state, and your zip code. The last four digits of your social security number are also required. After that, click next.
- Select your gender. Then enter your mobile number and bonus code—if you have a bonus code. After that, click next.
- Go through all the terms and conditions and tick all the applicable boxes. Finally, click register.
Resorts sportsbook may also request that you upload any supporting documents, like an ID card or a driver’s license, to finalize the registration process. This verification is swift and should take no more than 24 hours.
Since Resorts has an integrated betting site, you get access to both the sportsbook and the casino section once you sign up on the site.
Therefore, you don’t need to register twice if you wish to gamble on the site’s casino games; just use one account to access both sections freely.
Trying to register again might actually lead to a tedious back and forth with the betting site as they’ll think that you’re trying to break one of their terms of service.
Resorts App Experience
Resorts has an app available on two of the most common mobile platforms, namely iOS and Android. Apple users have the luxury of downloading the app directly from the Apple App Store.
Android users can’t download the app from the Google Play Store, so they have to download it through Resorts’ website, which is still an easy process.
Bettors should expect a decent user experience regardless of the mobile platform they use to navigate the app.
The mobile betting site and the app are nearly identical with an almost similar design and structure. Navigation is made simple by the horizontal menu, which contains all the sports and leagues. The site’s blue theme is also really appealing on the app.
The mobile app is marginally faster than the mobile website, though loading problems can be a bit of an issue at times.
However, you should go for the app rather than the mobile website because of the easy-to-use interface and slightly better navigation.
With regard to placing bets via the app, adding selections is easy. When you click on a selection, the bet slip pops up on the bottom of the screen.
When you tap on the bet slip, the options you’ve selected show up from the right, allowing you to easily place your bet.
If you wish to add selections and build your parlay, you can do so until you have included all the selections you want to bet on. The bet slip will update in real-time on the bottom of the screen as you add your selections.
You can also register through Resorts’ mobile app by following these simple steps:
- Download the app through either the Apple app store (iOS users) or from Resorts’ website (Android users).
- Click ‘Join Now’.
- Enter the following registration details—email, password, mobile number, date of birth, address details, SSN, etc.
- Agree then click register.
As stated before, you can navigate the sportsbook from anywhere in the nation, but you have to be in New Jersey to place a sports bet.
To ensure that you’re betting within state lines, Resorts sportsbook will require that you download GeoComply. GeoComply simply checks your location and assures the sportsbook that you’re in New Jersey, thus allowing you to place your bet.
Using GeoComply is easy. All you’re required to do is download the GeoComply plugin if you’re a Mac/PC user. If you’re using a mobile device, you don’t need to download GeoComply, but you need to make sure that location services are enabled.
Resorts Site Experience
The desktop site has a similar design to the mobile app and site, just that more options are visible on the desktop site as it is intended for a larger display.
The sports are listed on the left, while the highlights and sports betting options fill the middle of the screen. Navigation is slightly better because all the sports are visible on the screen and are listed from A-Z.
The blues that highlight the site are really appealing and make all the options easily pop out. Resorts’ site is powered by SBTech, which has been the main technology provider for the betting site since it ventured into online sports betting.
SBTech also provides technology for other top-notch sportsbooks and is currently a part of DraftKings.
Resorts Sports Betting
Bettors will find a large variety of sports betting options on the site. The following are some of the most common sports that you’ll find on the site:
- Mixed martial arts
- Motor racing
Other niche sports betting options include the following:
- Rugby union
- Table tennis.
- Aussie rules
- Water polo
- Snooker pool
The types of bets offered by Resorts sportsbook feature all of the common bet selections. These are:
- Moneyline bets
- Point spreads
- Totals (over/under)
- Alternate lines
Props, which many bettors like, also feature prominently on this sportsbook. Props that you’ll find on the site for the major sports and leagues include the following:
- NBA Props
- NFL Props
- MLB Props
FastPick, which is similar to fantasy sports, is also available at Resorts Casino.
There are a few features that definitely stand out in this sportsbook. Sports bettors will be impressed by the following features:
- A live score tab: When you click on the live score link, an up-to-the-minute list of all the day’s events pops up in a separate tab. This is extremely useful as it will help you keep up with the scores or find the scores easily.
- A statistics tab: Sometimes statistics can be hard to come by. Resorts aims to lessen this burden by giving you a wide range of statistics for every sport that they offer, which will help you in your handicapping.
- In-play visualization and live stats: This shows you the crucial stats of live events. The visualizer uses graphics to show you things like current momentum or where a team has scored each of its points from.
Understanding Betting Options
The minimum amount that you can bet at Resorts sportsbook is $1, but there is no mention of a maximum amount, so you’re free to bet as much as you want within a reasonable amount. Bettors, however, have the option of imposing betting limits on their accounts.
You can also contact customer support at any time if you have any questions regarding something that you may not be sure of. For example, if you don’t understand a certain betting option, you should contact Resorts’ customer support before placing a wager on that market.
There are also occasional reduced juice and odds boost specials that you can take advantage of. Reduced juice simply means that the sportsbook has minimized its commission on a bet and will offer you the same bet at marginally better odds.
So if you come across a reduced juice/odds boost offer, it might be wise to jump on it.
Deposit & Withdrawals
Plenty of deposit and withdrawal options are listed on Resorts’ site.
The minimum amount that players can deposit is $10, but the maximum will depend on the deposit method that you’re using. Additionally, Resorts doesn’t charge any fees when you deposit funds into your account.
If you wish to deposit money into your Resorts account, you can opt for the following methods:
- Through bank transfer
- Credit cards and debit cards.
- Resorts Play+ Card
- Cash at Resorts’ casino cage.
Most of the deposit methods listed above are instant, so your funds will reflect immediately.
Withdrawals, on the other hand, take a while to process. Most of the listed methods will take a minimum of three days for a withdrawal to be approved. Additionally, as noted before, there aren’t as many withdrawal options.
Users are limited to the following withdrawal options:
- Online banking transfer.
- Cash at Resorts’ casino cage.
- Resorts Play+ Card
PayPal has a minimum withdrawal of $100, and the funds are available immediately after approval. On the other hand, ACH and online banking transfers may take between 3-5 days for the funds to be credited after approval.
Resorts Play+ Card functions in the same way as any other prepaid card. Plus, you don’t have to use the card solely for betting; you can use the card at any retail or online shop that accepts Discover.
To get the card, log in to your account, go to the cashier section, then click add new. Once there, you’ll see the option to enroll for the Resorts Play+ Card.
Resorts State Restrictions
Sports betting is not legal in every state. However, laws are constantly changing. Since the ban on sports betting was lifted, more than 20 states have legalized sports betting. Plenty more are looking for ways to legalize it.
Currently, Resorts sportsbook is only available in New Jersey.
One of the best things about Resorts’ loyalty program is that there are many perks for loyal customers. Basically, every $2 sports bet will equal one reward point. The rewards you qualify for will depend on the number of points you accumulate and the reward tier you find yourself in.
There are five reward tiers, so the more points that you accumulate, the greater your reward. Exclusive rewards like hotel stays are found in the higher levels, while lower-level rewards are mostly cash-based.
Resorts customer service is available via email, live chat, and phone support. Email support is available 24/7, while live chat and phone support are only available from 8 AM-12 midnight. However, many user complaints state that customer support is less than ideal.
There is also an FAQ page that might answer most of your queries, but it isn’t as comprehensive as one would expect.
Resorts Sportsbook Safety And Security
Resorts is a legally operating sportsbook that utilizes world-class security systems to safeguard the book’s operations, similar to what you’d expect from a high-caliber financial institution. Resorts values security and has a myriad of security protocols in place. These protocols ensure the constant safety of your information and funds.
The site’s servers are located locally within the US and protected by firewalls. Everything on the site—such as private information and communication—is encrypted, so prohibited access is nearly impossible.
As long as you have a strong, secure username and pin, it would be best if you didn’t have any other worries when it comes to security.