How To Signup For PointsBet Sportsbook
PointBet’s offer is simple.
Up to $1,500 back if you lose your first Pointsbetting wager and up to $500 back if you lose your first fixed odds wager.
This page contains references to products from one of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Affiliate Policy, visit this page.
When signing up for a new player account at PointsBet Sportsbook, the Know Your Customer (KYC) process must be completed.
State regulations require every licensed online sports betting provider to identify new members to provide safe and secure gaming for everyone.
The process involves checking your social security number and ID to confirm your identity. If you are new to the process, don’t feel overwhelmed, as it is easy to complete.
Below is a short guide on what to expect from KYC, including which documents work best when submitting personal information.
Give it a quick read to prepare yourself when signing up at PointsBet sportsbook to speed up the verification check.
How To Sign Up At PointsBet Sportsbook
- Visit PointsBet Sportsbook.
- Click Sign Up and then begin filling out the registration form.
- Select your region to add your first and last name and email address. Hit Continue.
- Enter your date of birth, last four digits of your social security number, cell phone number, and physical address.
- Create a password and agree to terms and conditions.
- Click submit, and your details are reviewed. Verification should be completed quickly. If not, the site may ask you to submit documents for further evaluation.
- The remaining KYC process is explained below as it is completed during the withdrawal process.
What Counts As A KYC Document?
Only certain documents can be used to confirm your identity. Below is a list of items you can use to verify who you are.
- Driver’s License (Must be updated, not expired)
- State ID (Must be updated, not expired)
- Birth Certificate
- University ID
What Is KYC & ID Verification?
PointsBet must complete KYC and ID verification to ensure every player that signs up for a new account is legitimate.
If the process did not exist, anyone could use any information to create an account. Providing your social security number, address, copies of your driver’s license, and proof of address confirms your identity, ensuring no criminal activity is at play.
Third-party vendors are used to verify the information you provide, and the details you offer are only used for verification purposes.
Why Is ID Verification So Important For Online Sportsbooks?
State regulations stipulate that every online sportsbook must verify the identity of every player. It creates a safe betting environment free of identity theft or other criminal activity.
Within the online sports betting rules and regulations, operators are to adhere to strict practices regarding money laundering.
Because sports betting involves large quantities of cash, operators must remain vigilant and follow anti-money laundering practices. This includes KYC and ID checks to avoid criminal behavior.
Fraud is another issue that online sportsbooks must contend with. It is not uncommon for a criminal to steal an individual’s identity and use the information to try and create an online gambling account.
While this act is common, the ID verification processes in place via operators like PointsBet make sure that criminals cannot complete the signup process.
The number of items covered on the checklist keeps bad actors at bay, protecting consumers from fraudulent behavior.
It is essential that all online sports betting operators remain in compliance. When they break any rules or regulations, officials will issue fines based on the offense.
KYC and ID checks are considered part of the process, so any operator that does not adhere to the checks will be at risk of non-compliance fines.
Start the process of KYC by following this simple checklist:
- Locate your form of ID, such as driver’s license or state ID, and take a photo of it. You can also scan the item and upload it to your computer. Save the image on your device when you need to complete KYC at PointsBet.
- Look for proof of address documents to use for KYC. The proof of address document needs to list your name and address on an official statement to qualify. This includes mortgage and bank statements, cable, or utility bills.
- Scan or take a picture of this document and add it to your device.
- Once you are ready to request a withdrawal from the sportsbook, log in and visit the cashier.
- Click on withdrawal and start the KYC process.
- Follow the directions provided by PointsBet to add the documents requested.
- The verification process should take up to 24 hours to complete.
- Once you are approved, the withdrawal is allowed, and you are a full user of the online sportsbook app or website.
- If the verification process is not completed, the site may request additional documentation to prove your identity.
Common Problem When Signing Up At PointsBet App
While trying to complete the signup process, you may encounter an issue or two.
Below are common problems that players encounter when creating a new account and what you can do to fix them:
- Verification Problems: When creating an account, you may find that your information is not verified. This could be due to an issue with what you added into each request box or due to the information that the third-party verifier has connected to your data. Either way, it’s an issue. Speak to support to figure out the problem and correct it. Documents may need to be uploaded before you can create an account.
- Duplicate Account: If you have signed up for PointsBet in the past, you may see the duplicate account message pop up during registration. Check your email or try to recover your password so that you can log in to an existing account instead of creating a new one. Only one account per individual is allowed.
- Authentication Issues: If you are trying to answer authentication questions or use the 2-factor option and fail, it is likely due to typing errors or wrong answers. Try again and see if you can log in. If not, speak to support and see if authentication questions can be changed for easy access to your account.
Why Am I Being Asked To Verify My Identity?
PointsBet Sportsbook is required by law to verify the identity of every player. The operator is following state regulations and protecting the betting environment from identity theft and other criminal activity.
Why Am I Being Asked To Provide My ID?
The sportsbook requires your ID to ensure that you are the individual signing up for the account. The verification process is important to the integrity of the industry and player protection.
Providing an upload of your driver’s license or state ID proves you are who you say you are.
Why Am I Having Trouble Verifying My Identity?
PointsBet will not know precisely why the verification process is not working. It could be that the third-party vendor used to verify your identity does not have up-to-date information on you.
Try entering in an old address or another version of your name if you go by more than one variation. If you still have trouble, support will request documentation to prove your identity.
Why Am IUnable To Verify?
There are several reasons why you may not be able to verify at PointsBet. Speak to support to see what actions you can take to rectify the issue.
In most cases, varying documents can be uploaded to prove who you are and give you access to sports betting services.
What Is 2-factor Authentication?
The process of 2-factor authentication involves an added layer of security connected to your sportsbook account. An authenticator app is used on your mobile phone or tablet, and when you try to log in to PointsBet, a six-digit code is sent to you. Enter the code into the box provided at PointsBet, and you are logged in. This added measure ensures that only you can access the account.
Why Am I Being Asked To Provide My SSN & Complete A W9 Form?
State regulators in the US require the social security number upon signup to ensure your identity. The information is only used to verify who you are.
The W9 form is required so that officials can send you the correct tax documents if you earned over $600 from betting. This way, tax payments can be made on the winnings.
Why Am I Having Trouble Authenticating My Account?
An account must be authenticated to access services. If you are having trouble, it could be an issue with the information you entered or the verifier’s details.
Speak to support to see if authentication questions can be changed so that you do not encounter this problem again.
Why Am I Getting A ‘Duplicate Account’ Message?
If you sign up for a new player account at PointsBet and see the duplicate account message, it most likely means you have signed up before.
Try using your email address to recover your password. This way, if you did create an account, then you can sign in once the password is recovered.
If you did not sign up, speak with support to figure out what you can do to get started at the online sportsbook site.