New Mexico Sports Betting
This page contains references to products from one of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Affiliate Policy, visit this page.
Sports betting in New Mexico is a bit different, when compared to other areas of the US. The state offers betting options at tribal casinos, so players can easily place a bet within a licensed venue that provides services.
However, because sports betting is limited to local tribes, it could cause the launch of online services to be delayed. Tribes could choose to offer online betting within their tribal lands, but none have chosen to do so yet.
Overall, significant legal changes would need to be made in the state for full-scale online sports betting to take place. Despite these setbacks, there are still plenty of ways to bet on sports in the state.
Pros & Cons Of Betting On Sports In New Mexico
- Land-based tribal casinos offer sports betting services throughout the state.
- A wide variety of markets are provided, including NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL.
- In-person wagering is exciting as you watch the game you wagered on at the venue.
- Reputable operators provide services.
- More casinos are expected to launch services in the future.
- Sports betting is limited to tribal casinos.
- Online services are non-existent.
- Only a few casinos currently offer sportsbooks.
- There are no major sports teams to wager on in the state.
Would We Bet On Sports At New Mexico Sportsbooks?
Unfortunately, no online sports betting is available in the state of New Mexico right now.
Tribal operators could choose to launch an app, but services would be limited to tribal lands. It is inconvenient that there is currently no option for online wagering. This cuts down on your options unless you are located near a casino.
However, the retail sports betting facilities are of good quality and offer wagering services in a variety of markets. We highly recommend land-based sportsbooks for sports fans in the area.
How To Sign Up At A Betting Site
Creating a new player account at an online sportsbook is a simple process. After filling out a registration form and verifying your identity, you are ready to place real money bets.
Follow the steps below to get started.
- Visit an online sportsbook.
- Click on the ‘Sign Up’ or ‘Join Now’ tab.
- Fill out the registration form with your name, address, telephone number, email, birthdate, and the last four digits of your social security number.
- Send a copy of your photo ID to confirm your identity.
- Once verified, deposit funds into your account to begin placing bets.
In the United States, online sportsbooks must use geolocation technology to ensure a player is located within the state where betting is legalized. GeoComply is a software program that operators require you to download, and it detects your location.
When you sign up for a new account, this download is required. Once completed, you will not have to worry about installing anything else as GeoComply operates in the background.
Sports Betting Apps
Online sports betting is the most popular form of placing bets, especially with mobile devices. Android and iOS devices are compatible with platforms, with apps provided for seamless betting.
Downloading an app takes seconds, and you can easily pull up the platform to post a quick wager whenever you like.
Pros & Cons Of Sports Betting Apps
- Always have access to sports betting opportunities.
- iOS and Android apps offer seamless wagering.
- All markets are covered, including NFL, NHL, and MLB betting.
- A host of banking methods are provided for quick deposits and withdrawals.
- Take advantage of promotions including welcome and reload deals.
- Quick access to betting can lead to a gambling addiction over time.
- Older devices might not be compatible with platforms.
- Smaller screens of smartphones may make it difficult for players to post wagers.
- Each time you sign up with a new operator, you have to complete a verification process.
- Rural areas of the state may have a poor internet connection which leads to betting issues.
In New Mexico, we expect the following operators to offer services if legislation is approved to allow licensing for online gaming:
DraftKings Sportsbook App
In the United States, the DraftKings app has quickly launched in several states and provides access to many local and international betting markets. Find moneylines, prop bets, futures, live betting, and more on NFL games, the NBA, MLB, NHL, etc.
Traditional and obscure sports are covered, offering everything you could want to wager on and then some!
BetMGM Sportsbook App
This brand is quickly taking over as the top option for online sports bettors. Operated by MGM Resorts International, BetMGM has a seamless app and online desktop site that provides all betting markets. The best promotions and incentives are also included, helping you pad your account with bonus cash for extra betting opportunities.
FanDuel Sportsbook App
Competitive odds and premium live betting await members of FanDuel sportsbook. This operator has been propelled into the spotlight as a top choice among sports fans. With the best odds and a quality online interface, placing wagers at the FanDuel app is as easy as can be.
Check for win updates via your betting slip to see if you have been able to cash in on your latest picks!
How To Fund Your Betting Account
To place sports bets with real money, you must first fund your account. Online sportsbooks offer quality banking methods for quick deposits and withdrawals.
Learning more about your options and how to add and remove funds will get you on your way to becoming a seasoned sports bettor.
How To Deposit:
- Log in to your online sports betting account and select ‘Cashier.’
- Click on the ‘Deposit’ section and enter the amount you wish to add.
- Select a banking method and follow the instructions as provided.
- Once your deposit is completed, you are ready to bet!
How To Withdraw:
- Log in to your account and click on the ‘Cashier’ section.
- Choose the ‘Withdrawal’ option and enter the amount you want to remove from your account.
- Select a banking method and use the instructions provided to complete the transaction.
- After the withdrawal is completed, you will see the funds inside your account.
Online Sportsbook Payment Process
Sportsbooks provide several banking methods because consumers like to have a variety. With more options, you can find the perfect option that works best for your deposit and withdrawal needs.
Below are a few traditional banking methods you will find in online sportsbooks. Be sure to review your options at a specific operator to see what is available.
Standard Deposit Options:
- Credit and debit card
- Online banking
- VIP preferred
- Casino cashier
Standard Withdrawal Options:
- Online banking
- VIP preferred
- Check by courier
How Do Sports Betting Sign Up Offers Work?
Signing up for a new player account at an online sportsbook is exciting. Not only can you start wagering on your favorite sports teams, but you can also take advantage of signup deals.
Newbies often have access to first deposit promotions, no deposit, and risk-free bet incentives. Most deals add extra cash to your account that can be used to wager, giving you a larger bankroll than you started with.
Check out the details of such promotions to find an option that works best for you.
First Deposit Offer
The general deal an online sportsbook offers new players is the first deposit promotion. This deal requires a deposit, and the sports betting site then provides a percentage of bonus cash based on the deposit.
An example of this deal is a 100% match bonus worth up to $300. A bonus code is usually required with the deposit. Enter in the bonus code and add up to $300. The site then provides you with the same amount in bonus cash.
If you deposit $200, then you get $200 more to play with. This increases your bankroll exponentially.
With this offer and other promotional deals, there are wagering requirements that must be met. Generally, a deal will require you to wager a certain amount of cash before you can withdraw.
A first deposit deal can range from 25 to 40x the bonus plus the deposit amount. This requirement has to be completed before you can withdraw funds.
No Deposit Offer
Do you want to place a bet on an online sportsbook but avoid making a deposit? If so, it is the no deposit offer you want to take advantage of. This deal provides you with a specific amount of cash to wager with.
With the bonus cash, you can try out the site at no risk to you. You must deposit to withdraw funds, so if you win, you must deposit to cash out.
One of the most popular welcome offers for new players is the risk-free wager. All you have to do is the deposit and wager up to a certain amount. If you lose the wager, the sportsbook provides you with the same amount back in bonus cash.
This essentially helps you place a risk-free bet because you receive the same amount in bonus cash to continue wagering even though you lost. An example of this deal would be a $50 risk-free bet on an MLB game. All you have to do is place a wager on the MLB game and follow the instructions of the deal to qualify.
Where Can I Place A Bet In New Mexico?
In the state, there are a handful of tribal casinos that offer land-based sports betting. By visiting these venues, you can bet on major sports in the United States, including the NFL, NASCAR, MLB, NBA, NHL, and more.
Post sports bets at the following venues:
- Hilton Buffalo Thunder Casino
- Santa Ana Star Casino
- Inn of the Mountain Gods
- Route 66 Casino
- Isleta Resort & Casino
New Mexico Sports Betting Laws And Tax Rates
Technically, sports betting is not legal in New Mexico, but it isn’t illegal either. Tribal casinos are allowed to offer sports betting, and the first bet was taken in late 2018. Tribal compacts allow for sports betting services to take place.
As far as online sports betting is concerned, it may be some time before the option is offered across the state, given that tribal casinos are the only operators allowed to offer the wagering option.
For tax purposes, compact provisions do not distinguish between sports betting and other gaming options provided by tribes. The tribes pay the state taxes based on a certain percentage of adjusted net revenues so that the percentage can vary.