Seattle Mariners vs. Los Angeles Angels: Best Odds and Preview for September 24, 2021
The Seattle Mariners (84-69) visit the Los Angeles Angels (73-80) at 9:38 PM ET on Friday, providing a matchup between two top-10 power hitters. Mitch Haniger has 35 home runs (eighth in the league) for the favored Mariners (-120), and Shohei Ohtani ranks third in MLB play with 45 round-trippers this season for the underdog Angels (+100).
Logan Gilbert gets the starting nod for Seattle, and Jose Suarez is Los Angeles’ choice to start.
Best Odds for Seattle Mariners vs Los Angeles Angels
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Seattle Mariners and Los Angeles Angels.
- The Mariners have won in 22, or 53.7%, of the 41 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Seattle’s games have gone over the total in 76 of their 153 opportunities.
- The Mariners have scored 654 runs (4.3 per game) this season, which ranks 22nd in MLB.
- Seattle has been favored just two times in their last 10 contests and won both matchups.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Mariners and their opponents have combined to clear the total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Gilbert gets the start for the Mariners, his 23rd of the season. He is 6-5 with a 4.74 ERA and 120 strikeouts in 108 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Sunday against the Royals, the right-hander threw seven innings, allowing one earned run while surrendering three hits.
- In Gilbert’s 22 starts, his team is 14-8.
- Gilbert has started 22 contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in 14 of them.
- The Angels have won 41.2% of the games this season they were the underdog on the moneyline (35-50).
- Los Angeles has combined with opponents to go over the total 82 times this season for an 82-69-2 record against the over/under.
- The Angels have the No. 17 offense in MLB play scoring 4.4 runs per game (675 total runs).
- Los Angeles has a 3-7 record across the 10 games it was the underdog on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Angels and their opponents combined to hit the over five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Suarez (7-8) gets the starting nod for the Angels in his 13th start of the season. He has a 3.67 ERA in 88 1/3 innings pitched, with 79 strikeouts.
- In his last time out on Sunday, the left-hander went 5 2/3 innings against the Athletics, giving up three earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- Suarez’s team has won five of his 12 starts.
- Suarez’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in three of 12 contests.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!