Murray State vs. Tennessee Tech: Best Odds and College Football Preview for 11/6/2021
The Murray State Racers (3-5, 0-0 OVC) are heavy favorites (-10.5) against the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles (3-5, 0-0 OVC) in a battle of two conference rivals. The game has an over/under of 43 points.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Murray State stats and betting info
Betting trends for Murray State
- Murray State is 3-4-0 against the spread this season.
- When they have played as at least 10.5-point favorites this season, the Racers are 1-0 against the spread.
- Murray State games have hit the over in three out of seven opportunities (42.9%).
- Murray State and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under of 43 points five times this season.
- On average, the Racers have seen a 47.9 over/under in their games this season, 4.9 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- The Racers collect 55.4 yards per game, just 3.3 more than the 52.1 the Golden Eagles allow per outing.
- When Murray State piles up over 52.1 yards, the team is 0-2.
- The Racers have turned the ball over six more times (7 total) than the Golden Eagles have forced a turnover (1) this season.
|Pass yards||172.4 (1379)||95|
|Rush yards||162.0 (1296)||41|
|Points scored||19.6 (157)||89|
|Pass yards against||169.8 (1358)||18|
|Rush yards against||180.9 (1447)||98|
|Points allowed||28.5 (228)||69|
Key players for Murray State
- Preston Rice leads Murray State with 698 passing yards (87.3 ypg) on 62-of-122 passing with one touchdown compared to 10 interceptions this season. He also adds 119 rushing yards (14.9 ypg) on 38 carries while scoring six touchdowns on the ground.
- DaMonta Witherspoon’s team-high 577 rushing yards (72.1 per game) have come on 151 carries, with five touchdowns this year. He’s also added 170 yards (21.3 per game) on 16 catches with one touchdown.
- LaMartez Brooks’ team-high 322 receiving yards (40.3 yards per game) have come on 26 receptions with one touchdown.
Tennessee Tech stats and betting info
Betting trends for Tennessee Tech
- Tennessee Tech is 2-4-0 against the spread this season.
- The Golden Eagles are 1-2 against the spread when an underdog by 10.5 points or more this year.
- Two of Tennessee Tech’s six games with a set total have hit the over (33.3%).
- In Tennessee Tech’s six games this season, three have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s over/under of 43.
- Golden Eagles’ games have a total points bet of 49.4 points this season, 6.4 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
- The Golden Eagles rack up 68.9 fewer yards per game (22.4) than the Racers give up (91.3).
- The Golden Eagles have turned the ball over two more times (4 total) than the Racers have forced a turnover (2) this season.
|Pass yards||150.1 (1201)||107|
|Rush yards||137.0 (1096)||69|
|Points scored||19.0 (152)||96|
|Pass yards against||211.3 (1690)||60|
|Rush yards against||112.4 (899)||24|
|Points allowed||28.5 (228)||69|
Key players for Tennessee Tech
- Willie Miller leads Tennessee Tech with 494 passing yards (61.8 ypg) on 40-of-89 passing with five touchdowns and four interceptions this season. He also has 225 rushing yards (28.1 ypg) on 58 carries while scoring two touchdowns on the ground.
- David Gist has carried the ball 129 times for a team-high 697 yards (87.1 per game), with six touchdowns this year. He has also caught 23 passes for 159 yards (19.9 per game) and one touchdown.
- Quinton Cross’ team-high 399 receiving yards (49.9 yards per game) have come on 31 receptions with two touchdowns.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.