Dallas Cowboys vs. Carolina Panthers: Best Odds and Preview for Week 4
Having won one straight, the Carolina Panthers (3-0) will play the Dallas Cowboys (1-1). Despite that, the Cowboys are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -4.5). The expected point total for the matchup is set at 50.
Best odds for Cowboys vs. Panthers
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Dallas Cowboys and Carolina Panthers in which the Panthers are currently the clear pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Cowboys Vs. Panthers Spread Betting Action
Dallas stats and betting info
Betting trends for Dallas
- Dallas went 4-11-0 ATS last season.
- The Cowboys were favored by 4.5 points or more last season once, and failed to cover the spread.
- A total of eight of Dallas’ games last season hit the over.
|Pass yards||281.9 (4511)||7|
|Rush yards||111.8 (1788)||17|
|Points scored||24.7 (395)||17|
|Pass yards against||238.8 (3820)||10|
|Rush yards against||158.8 (2541)||31|
|Points allowed||29.6 (473)||28|
Key players for Dallas
- Last year Dak Prescott put together 1,856 yards (371.2 per game), a 68% completion percentage, nine touchdowns, and only four interceptions. He also added 93 rushing yards on 18 carries with three rushing TDs (averaging 18.6 yards per game).
- Last year Ezekiel Elliott went to work rushing, for 979 yards on 244 attempts (61.2 yards per game) and scored six times. Elliott also collected 52 catches for 338 yards and two scores.
- Tony Pollard collected 435 rushing yards on 101 carries and four touchdowns last season.
- In the previous year, Amari Cooper grabbed 92 passes (on 130 targets) for 1,114 yards (69.6 per game). He also found the end zone five times.
- CeeDee Lamb produced last year, catching 74 passes for 935 yards and five touchdowns. He collected 58.4 receiving yards per game.
- Dalton Schultz reeled in 63 passes for 615 yards and four touchdowns, putting up 38.4 yards per game last year.
Cowboys: Trevon Diggs: Questionable (Shoulder), Tyron Smith: Questionable (Neck)
Carolina stats and betting info
Betting trends for Carolina
- Carolina covered eight times in 15 games with a spread last year.
- The Panthers covered the spread three times last season (3-3 ATS) when playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- In Carolina’s games last season, the combined scoring went over the point total seven times.
|Pass yards||258.1 (4129)||16|
|Rush yards||106.5 (1704)||21|
|Points scored||21.9 (350)||24|
|Pass yards against||251.5 (4024)||16|
|Rush yards against||121.0 (1936)||20|
|Points allowed||25.1 (402)||18|
Key players for Carolina
- Sam Darnold completed 59.6% of his passes to throw for 2,208 and nine touchdowns last season. Darnold also contributed in the run game, collecting two touchdowns on 13.6 yards per game.
- Christian McCaffrey racked up five rushing touchdowns on 22.5 yards per game last year.
- D.J. Moore was targeted 7.9 times per game and piled up 1,193 receiving yards and four touchdowns over the course of 2020.
- Robby Anderson grabbed three touchdowns and had 1,096 receiving yards (68.5 ypg) in 2020.
Panthers: Dennis Daley: Questionable (Ankle), Russell Okung: Questionable (Groin), Tahir Whitehead: Questionable (Thigh)
Pick for Cowboys vs. Panthers
An in-depth games analysis combined with the bet split data provided by regulated betting sites favors the Panthers to cover the spread against the Cowboys.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!