Nebraska Sports Betting
This page contains references to products from one of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Affiliate Policy, visit this page.
With a legalized sports betting market, Nebraska is ready to feature premium wagering options for sports fans. So far, the industry will be limited to retail options but may open to online betting in the future.
New and seasoned sports bettors can place bets on various sports, including basketball, baseball, football, soccer, golf, and several niche markets.
Bet types vary from moneylines to props, totals, and point spreads, ensuring that every option is covered.
Pros & Cons Of Betting On Sports In Nebraska
- Wager from retail facilities throughout the state.
- Various sports markets are offered, including the NBA, NFL, NHL, MMA, and more.
- Top operators offer safe and secure sports betting services.
- A new gaming commission oversees the industry operators for compliance.
- Promotions coincide with new player signups and significant events.
- The market is currently limited to land-based sports betting.
- There are only a few gaming venues in the state that are eligible to offer services.
- Sports betting can lead to addiction if the activity is not monitored.
- There are no pro sports teams in the state to wager on.
Would We Bet On Sports At Nebraska Sportsbooks?
Currently, online sports betting is not legal in Nebraska. Lawmakers decided to focus on retail betting only when legislation was proposed. In the future, lawmakers may choose to change the law to open the industry to mobile and online betting.
The industry provides plenty of potential for sports bettors, both novice and experienced gamblers. As the market matures, even more, excellent services should be added that will benefit sports fans with a variety of promotions, betting types, and sports categories.
How To Sign Up At A Betting Site
Signing up for an online betting account is a simple process. Follow the steps below to get started and open a new account with as many available providers as you like!
Operators provide simple ways to get started with sports betting, even for beginners.
- Visit an available online sportsbook.
- Click the ‘Join Now’ or ‘Sign Up’ area of the site.
- Fill out the registration form with your name, address, telephone number, birthday, email, and last four digits of your social security number.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Submit the information and wait for the approval email.
- You will also need to submit documentation to verify your identity, including a copy of your photo ID.
- Once the process is complete, you can sign in and start wagering.
Be sure to only sign up for one account per operator. Signing up for multiple accounts will raise red flags, and the operator will restrict you from accessing services.
In the United States, individual states can legalize sports betting and offer services online if they so choose. However, only bettors located inside the state are allowed to post wagers. So, to ensure the location of sports bettors, geolocation technology is used.
Such software as GeoComply makes it easy for operators to detect your location. This program must be downloaded before you can get started posting bets.
It runs in the background, ensuring you are in the state before accessing real money betting.
Sports Betting Apps
For sports fans, the most popular form of betting is done via mobile devices. Operators that provide apps see way more action from bettors, as wagers can be placed on the go or from home.
Apps are offered via iOS and Android devices, making it super easy for sports fans to get in the action. It takes only minutes to download! Once logged in, you will find everything in-app, from the cashier to promotions and betting lines.
Pros & Cons Of Sports Betting Apps
- Place a bet from anywhere you have an internet connection.
- Use a smartphone or tablet for betting.
- Access quality promotions and incentives in-app.
- The best operators offer app services, and you can easily compare odds from your mobile.
- All betting markets and bet types are covered.
- Services may be limited in more rural areas due to internet connectivity.
- Quick access to betting can lead to gambling addiction.
- Apps may not provide the same full sports betting services as desktop sites.
- Some apps are only compatible with newer devices or are limited to Android.
Once sports betting is approved via mobile, we expect the following operators to offer services in the state:
BetMGM Sportsbook App
This BetMGM sportsbook is a joint venture brought to bettors by MGM Resorts International and Entain. So far, the brand has launched in several states, offering a solid sportsbook with premium betting options.
There is a dedicated live betting section, as well as traditional and niche sports options.
DraftKings Sportsbook App
If you are in search of a smooth mobile experience, DraftKings sportsbook is a top pick. The brand has vast experience in the industry and has launched in several US states, both in retail and online settings.
Players know that DraftKings offers premium prop bets along with quality live betting section.
FanDuel Sportsbook App
FanDuel sportsbook is hitting the market strongly, providing a ton of quality sports betting action. The brand is so popular among bettors that it is a market leader in several states.
Access plenty of unique features and secure funding options, with betting offered in a variety of markets.
How To Fund Your Betting Account
Funding your betting account takes just a few minutes when you work with top-rated sportsbooks. In general, operators offer the same banking options for players via deposits and withdrawals.
Always check out the methods provided and ensure they will work for you before adding funds.
How To Deposit
- Log in to your online sports betting account.
- Click on the ‘Cashier’ section and choose the ‘Deposit’ tab.
- Select the banking method you wish to use and the amount to add.
- Use the directions of the method to complete the transaction.
- Depending on your chosen method, the money can be added instantly or may take a day or two.
- Once the funds are in your account, you are ready to begin betting.
How To Withdraw Funds:
- Visit your sportsbook and log in to your account.
- Select the ‘Cashier’ tab and click on ‘Withdrawal.’
- Choose a banking method and how much you wish to remove from your account.
- Follow the steps to complete the transaction as provided by the operator.
- Withdrawals can be instant or take up to 10 days, depending on the method you choose.
- Once you have the cash, you can spend it as you like.
Online Sportsbook Payment Process
Banking doesn’t have to be difficult when dealing with online sportsbooks. Top providers like DraftKings and BetMGM know that your time is precious, so they offer simple solutions for depositing and withdrawing funds.
Check out the standard options below to learn more about how you can add or remove cash from your sports betting account.
Standard Deposit Options
- Online banking
- American Express
- VIP Preferred
Standard Withdrawal Options:
- Online banking
- VIP Preferred
How Do Sports Betting Sign Up Offers Work?
You will see promotional deals known as signup offers once you sign up for a new online sports betting account. These deals are for new players as an incentive to try the site.
Sports betting operators typically offer the same type of deals but with various limits on how much bonus cash you can earn and how to clear the deal.
Check out the most common types below to learn more about how you can gain bonus cash by being a new player to a Nebraska sportsbook.
First Deposit Offer
Almost every online sportsbook provides this deal to its members. New players use a bonus code provided by the site to claim a percentage of bonus cash based on the deposit amount.
An example of this deal is a 100% match bonus worth up to $300. Deposit as much as $300, and the site will add the same amount to your account in bonus cash.
Let’s say you deposited $300. This will see your account gain the full bonus, with $600 in total within your bankroll. Place sports bets with this cash and meet the wagering requirements to be able to cash out winnings. The wagering requirements will be listed in the terms and conditions.
As an example, let’s say this deal has a 3x requirement of the bonus plus the deposit amount. So, you need to wager $600 x 3 to claim any winnings. Once you have done this, you are free to cash out.
Be sure to check out the terms and conditions of any deal before you claim it to ensure you can meet the requirements with ease.
No Deposit Offer
An excellent option for players who do not want to deposit funds is the no deposit offer. This deal is a set amount of cash the sportsbook provides you so that a wager can be placed free of charge.
Usually, this will be in an amount less than $100. If you place the bet and win, you will be required to deposit to claim any winnings or meet additional terms specified by the sportsbook.
Yet another great deal you will find in Nebraska is the risk-free bet. This is an offer by an operator that will pay you back for a loss. Consider a risk-free bet of up to $100 on MLB betting.
This deal allows you to deposit as much as $100 and place a wager on an MLB game. The sportsbook will provide you with the loss back in bonus cash if you lose your bet, hence the risk-free element.
Where Can I Place A Bet in Nebraska?
Once sports betting is ready to go live in Nebraska, it is expected that all existing gaming venues will offer services. These venues include:
- Atokad is located in South Sioux City
- Agricultural Park in Columbus
- Fairplay Park in Hastings
- Fonner Park located in Grand Island
- Horseman’s Park in Omaha
- Lincoln Race Course in Lincoln
Nebraska Sports Betting Laws And Tax Rates
In May 2021, Governor Pete Ricketts signed LB 561 into law. This measure put a constitutional amendment in place to expand gaming in Nebraska. A State Racing and Gaming Commission will oversee the new industry, with sports betting allowed only inside casinos.
Revenues from operations should be taxed at 20% unless changes are made. It is unclear as to when services will begin in the state.