North Dakota Sports Betting
This page contains references to products from one of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Affiliate Policy, visit this page.
Currently, the state of North Dakota does not offer legalized sports betting. Legislation has been introduced in the past but was unable to gain enough support to move forward.
The state is home to a lottery, tribal casinos, and charitable gaming organizations, all of which could be eligible for sports betting depending on the type of legislation that can move forward.
For now, we are hopeful that lawmakers will introduce new measures that will see sports betting become a reality in the state soon.
Pros & Cons Of Betting On Sports In North Dakota
- Sports betting allows players to wager on their favorite teams and games.
- Top-rated companies provide services for premium odds and betting lines.
- Categories offer sports betting, including football, hockey, golf, basketball, and more.
- With regulation in place, all operators provide secure betting services for player safety.
- Ease of access can lead to a gambling addiction problem.
- The lack of commercial casinos could affect operations.
- Online betting has yet to be approved in the state.
Would We Bet On Sports At North Dakota Sportsbooks?
Unfortunately, no. But not because services are awful, it’s due to legalities. Sports betting legislation continues to be introduced in the state but does not have enough lawmaker support to move forward and become law.
How the industry will function remains to be seen. Once sports betting is approved and launched in the state, we will have a better idea of what the state offers, including which operators are in the mix plus what type of bets are provided.
How To Sign Up At A Betting Site
Once sports betting is live in North Dakota, you will want to sign up for a new player account. For newbies, the process may seem confusing but, it is relatively simple.
All you must do is register to get started.
- Visit a regulated and licensed online sportsbook.
- Select the ‘Join Now’ button to register.
- Fill out the registration form with your name, email address, physical address, telephone number, birth date, and the last four numbers of your social security number.
- Agree to terms and conditions and submit your form.
- Check your email for verification and confirm your account.
- Log in to your new online sports betting account.
- Send any additional information to the provider, such as proof of identity, including a copy of your photo ID.
Once these steps are complete, you are ready to deposit funds and start betting.
When it comes to online sports betting in the United States, regulations are in place that requires operators to ensure players are located within state lines before gaining access to services. To complete this task, geolocation technology is used.
Companies like GeoComply provide software that players download upon sign up to detect their location. Once you create an account, download the software after being prompted by the provider.
It takes only a few minutes to complete the process, and GeoComply works in the background so that you have access to betting.
Sports Betting Apps
The most popular way to place wagers in states across the US is with sports betting apps. Developers have created apps for both iOS and Android devices, making it easy for players to wager from the couch or on the go.
Apps are downloaded in seconds, and once logged in, you can access all the great sports betting markets and odds of top-rated providers.
Pros & Cons of Sports Betting Apps
- Access betting from anywhere in the state.
- Apps are compatible with iOS and Android devices.
- Take advantage of promotions and reward programs in-app.
- All betting markets are covered via mobile.
- Many providers offer special contests or deals for app users.
- Older devices might not be compatible with operator apps.
- Smaller screens can make it difficult for some bettors to use mobile controls for betting.
- Rural areas without internet service will be cut off from placing bets.
- Services may be limited based on sports betting legislation.
Once North Dakota approves online sports betting, we expect the top US-based sports betting operators to apply for licensing.
Such companies include:
BetMGM Betting App
This operator is owned by MGM Resorts International, offering the best in sports betting services on college and professional sports games. With a ton of promotions, plus a rewards program, there is much to explore at BetMGM.
DraftKings Betting App
With DraftKings, you have access to live betting, parlays, moneyline, point totals, over/under, and much more. Easily wager on your favorite sports teams and players with international and US-based sports odds provided.
FanDuel Betting App
Another expected operator to enter the market is FanDuel. Across the US, FanDuel offers sports betting online and via mobile in several markets. The operator offers a long list of markets, including soccer, baseball, basketball, football, and more.
How To Fund Your Betting Account
Funding your account is simple when it comes to sports betting. All you have to do is use the cashier and choose to deposit funds. In just minutes, you will have cash in your account for wagering.
The same can be said for the withdrawal process. Operators make the banking section as simple as possible so players can focus on betting instead of adding or withdrawing funds.
Take a look at how the process is completed below to understand better how you deposit and withdraw.
How To Deposit Funds:
- Log in to your account.
- Click on the ‘Cashier’ and select the ‘Deposit’ section.
- Enter the amount you wish to add and choose your banking method.
- Follow the steps on the screen to complete the transaction.
- Once completed, your funds will be in your account and can be used for betting.
How To Withdraw Funds:
- Visit your favorite online sports betting site and log in.
- Locate the cashier and select the ‘Withdrawal’ option.
- Choose a banking method and enter the amount you want to remove.
- Complete the process by following the directions provided.
- Most methods add funds instantly to your bank account or take a few days, depending on which option you selected.
- Once you have the funds, you can use it as you like!
Online Sportsbook Payment Process
Whether you need to deposit funds or withdraw cash, online sports betting operators make the process as easy as possible. Several banking methods are offered per provider in both sections so that you can quickly add or remove funds.
For the most part, operators offer the same methods. Below are a few examples of what to expect in the banking section.
Standard Deposit Methods:
- VIP Preferred
Standard Withdrawal Methods:
- VIP Preferred
- Check by Mail
How Do Sports Betting Sign Up Offers Work?
When you create an online sport betting account, you will see sign up offers provided by the sportsbook operator. These offer a great way to add extra bonus funds to your account for wagering. But how do they work?
The offers work relatively the same but do have specific terms and conditions that must be followed. Below are the most common examples of sports betting offers found online with details on how they work so you can figure out which promotion suits your gaming needs.
First Deposit Offer
One of the most common offers you will find via an operator is the first deposit deal. With this offer, you deposit funds and receive a percentage back in bonus cash.
An example of this deal is a 100% first deposit match worth up to $500. As long as you deposit up to $500, you get the same amount added to your account in bonus funds.
Let’s say you deposit $200. The sportsbook will add $200 to match your deposit at 100%, which gives you a total of $400 to bet with. Be advised, though, that this type of deal has wagering requirements, as do other deals.
You must understand the terms and conditions and meet all requirements before you can cash out. Deals such as this can have wagering requirements ranging from 10x to 40x the bonus plus deposit amount.
No Deposit Offer
The sportsbook provides you with a certain amount of bonus cash for wagering. With this deal, you are not required to deposit to access the bonus. Usually, this deal is restricted to $100 or less, and it may be connected to a specific bet type or sport.
Read the terms and conditions to understand how to clear the deal, including if a deposit is required to withdraw funds, as that is usually the case.
One of the most popular online sports betting deals you will see is the risk-free bet. Players like this option because it provides bonus cashback on losses. Take, for example, if a provider is offering a $50 risk-free bet on an NFL game.
You place the $50 wager on your favorite team, and you lose. Well, the operator then provides you the same $50 in bonus cash. It’s considered a risk-free offer because if you lose, you end up with the same amount of cash to wager with anyway!
Where Can I Place A Bet In North Dakota?
Currently, sports betting is not a legalized activity in the state. However, once legislation is approved, it is expected that casinos in the state will apply for licensing.
Such gaming venues found in the state include:
- Dakota Magic Casino Resort
- Sky Dancer Casino & Resort
- Spirit Lake Casino and Resort
- Prairie Nights Casino and Resort
- 4 Bears Casino & Lodge
- Grand Treasure Casino
- Turtle Mountain Mini Casino
- King Pin Casino
- Blue Wolf Casino
North Dakota Sports Betting Laws And Tax Rates
Sports betting legislation has been considered in North Dakota, with efforts in 2021 shut down in the state Senate. It is expected to be a few years before the state can pass sports betting legislation into law.