Montana Sports Betting
This page contains references to products from one of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Affiliate Policy, visit this page.
Sports betting first started in Montana back in March 2020 and has been non-stop ever since. The Montana Lottery oversees the sports betting industry, so bets must be placed via lottery retailers or online at Sports Bet Montana.
Find all types of bets on offer in the state, including moneyline, totals, point spreads, props, and much more. All markets are covered, so you can easily bet on football, basketball, baseball, soccer, hockey, golf, and more!
Pros & Cons Of Betting On Sports In Montana
- Services are offered online and in retail settings.
- All markets and bet types are available, including niche options.
- Sports Bet Montana offers up-to-date odds and info on all current sports games.
- Online services include an app compatible with iOS and Android devices.
- New players can access a “How to Bet” guide at Sports Bet Montana for assistance.
- Online betting is restricted to geofenced retail locations.
- No major operators are providing online services at the time.
- The availability of in-play bets will vary by sport.
- Without a casino offering, there is no spot to watch a game and have fun with friends.
Would We Bet On Sports At Montana Sportsbooks?
Yes, we would! Right now, online sports betting is limited to a lottery-operated site known as Sports Bet Montana. Players must be located inside a retail provider before online betting can take place.
This, unfortunately, restricts players from posting bets from any location in the state.
If we found ourselves in the beautiful state of Montana near a retail lottery location, we would place a sports bet. However, seeking out sports betting specifically in the state as a visitor is not going to happen.
For residents, the state offers plenty of betting options, with retail locations dotted throughout the state. If you travel to Montana for vacation or other reasons, don’t hesitate to place a sports bet as the services are high quality.
However, you won’t find any sportsbooks with a fun atmosphere in the state, which is a big bummer.
How To Sign Up At A Betting Site
Signing up for online sports betting account is a simple process. You start by entering your email at the Sports Bet Montana site and choosing a password and username.
Fill out the registration form and then confirm your account to get started placing bets.
- Visit Sports Bet Montana or another online operator when available and select the ‘Register’ tab.
- Fill out the registration form with your name, username, password, address, email address, birthday, and the last four digits of your social security number.
- Once completed, confirm the information, and submit it.
- Sports Bet Montana also requires you to set up security questions for additional safety.
- Once the registration form is submitted, check your email for confirmation. Use the link provided to confirm your registration.
- Now you are ready to make a deposit and start posting bets.
While in Montana, sports betting operators will ensure you are located in the state using geolocation technology. Software like GeoComply is used to determine your specific location.
When you create an account, this software is downloaded and operates in the background to ensure you are in the state before services are provided to you. If you try to access the app or website of Sports Bet Montana when you are not located inside a lottery retailer, the services will not work due to legal restrictions.
Sports Betting Apps
Sports betting applications are the most popular way that players access betting services. Apps are offered via iOS and Android devices so that every player can wager from their mobile smartphone or tablet.
Sports Bet Montana is compatible with both device types, making it easy for sports fans to wager when visiting lottery locations.
It is expected that as the sports betting industry grows and evolves in Montana, other operators will be authorized by regulators to offer services.
Pros & Cons Of Sports Betting Apps
- Convenient wagering from your smartphone or tablet.
- Regulated operators in the state offer secure betting services.
- All betting options are fair with competitive odds provided.
- Access a long list of betting markets, including football, basketball, and baseball.
- Take part in special promotions from your mobile device.
- Montana has restricted online betting to lottery locations.
- Only Sports Bet Montana offers mobile services at this time.
- Ease of access can result in gambling addiction over time.
- There are no professional sports teams located in the state.
We expect the operators below to vie for licensing when the opportunity arises.
BetMGM Sportsbook App
Operated by MGM Resorts International, the BetMGM brand is one of the most popular online sports betting providers in the US. Offering competitive odds and premium betting lines, BetMGM provides everything you need for a top-rated online sports betting experience.
FanDuel Sportsbook App
At FanDuel, you have access to all the betting options you need, from moneyline and point totals to prop bets and live betting. The brand is considered the best of the best, with many states seeing FanDuel take over the market share quickly after launching services due to popularity among sports fans.
DraftKings Sportsbook App
DraftKings is yet another popular sports betting brand we expect will eventually offer services in Montana. The site offers the best in promotions and contests, with up-to-the-minute odds on professional and college sports games.
How To Fund Your Betting Account
To place real money wagers in Montana, you must add funds to your sports betting account. There are only a few options for banking in the state, but each provides a safe and secure way to transfer funds.
Whether you are depositing cash or withdrawing wins, online sports betting providers offer quality options for your banking needs.
How To Deposit Funds:
- Log in to your online betting account.
- Select the cashier section and choose ‘Deposit.’
- Pick from the available banking methods and input the amount you wish to add to your account.
- Complete the transaction by following the directions provided.
- Once the funds are in your account, you are ready to wager.
How To Withdraw Funds:
- Log in to your account and select the cashier option.
- Choose the ‘Withdraw’ button and select a banking method.
- Input the amount you want to withdraw and follow the directions provided to move funds.
- Once the transaction is complete, your funds are available to spend as you like.
Online Sportsbook Payment Process
When you are ready to deposit or withdraw funds, sportsbooks in Montana provide a handful of banking options. Each method is secure and will ensure that cash is added or removed from your account with ease.
Check out the standard methods for deposit and withdrawal below to get to know your options.
Common Deposit Methods:
- VIP Preferred ACH/e-Check
- Debit card
Common Withdrawal Methods:
- VIP Preferred ACH/e-Check
How Do Sports Betting Sign Up Offers Work?
Once you join an online sports betting site, you will see promotions provided by the operator, including signup deals. This type of welcome offer adds bonus cash to your account. As a new member, taking advantage of signup deals helps to build your bankroll for wagering.
Generally, sportsbooks will offer a first deposit deal, no deposit promotion, and a risk-free bet. Learn more about these bet types and how they can boost your account.
Then, you will know which offer will serve you best as a new sports bettor.
First Deposit Offer
The most common deal that players see at an online sportsbook is the first deposit offer. This deal is suitable for those who are looking to deposit funds.
Usually, the operator will provide a certain percentage of bonus cash based on the deposit added. A 100% match deal worth up to $1,000 is an excellent example of a first deposit deal.
Let’s say you deposit $200. This gives you $400 to wager with. More funds mean you can place more bets! Well, the sportsbook will provide a 100% match, so you have an additional $200 placed in your account.
However, be aware that this type of deal and others have wagering requirements. You will need to wager the bonus and deposit amount a certain number of times before you can cash out winnings.
The playthrough requirements will be listed in the terms and conditions, so read them thoroughly before claiming the deal.
No Deposit Offer
Another option to consider is the no deposit bonus. This deal will provide you with a set amount of cash to wager with. You do not have to deposit any funds to play with the bonus cash.
Posting a bet with a no deposit deal is a great way to try an online sports betting site at no risk to you. However, if you win, a deposit must be made before any wins can be claimed.
Want to deposit funds but lower your risk? Then the risk-free bet is the best option for you. This bet is one where the operator allows you to wager a certain amount and if you lose, a bonus is provided.
Let’s say an online sportsbook has a $100 risk-free bet on NFL games. You must wager up to $100 on an NFL game, and then if you lose, you earn the same amount back in bonus funds! It’s a win-win situation for any player with this deal!
Where Can I Place A Bet In Montana?
To place sports bets in Montana, you must visit a retailer authorized to offer betting services. Because the Montana Lottery is in charge, any location that sells lottery tickets will provide sports betting services.
There are physical locations dotted throughout the state. Use Google Maps to find a location near you.
Montana Sports Betting Laws And Tax Rates
Sports betting legislation was signed into law in 2019 by Governor Steve Bullock. In March 2020, the industry was live at more than 100 retail outlets and online via Sports Bet Montana.
Players can only wager online when at an on-site retailer. The lottery oversees the industry. Operators are taxed 8.5% on revenues.