Mississippi Sportsbook Promos
This page contains references to products from one of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Affiliate Policy, visit this page.
In this guide, you will find all the information needed to claim the welcome bonuses at the best sportsbooks in Mississippi.
If you are a new player to the market, check out the section on the top operators, including details on their sign-up bonuses. Providers need to offer continual bonuses for new and existing players.
With each new month, players will find exciting promotions, including options for specific sports and bankroll building.
Are Mississippi Sportsbook Promos Worth It?
Of course, they are? Why would anyone turn down free cash?
Sure, the Mississippi sports betting scene is unlike what you would find elsewhere, and having to travel to a physical gambling location to bet may be inconvenient.
But the bonuses at your disposal are just as attractive. There can be no question; you are better off claiming these offers than not. Here are some excellent reasons you should get these bonuses.
- Take Out The Risk: Sports betting is a risky affair, and you can quickly lose your hard-earned money if you don’t know what you are doing. One of the best ways to minimize risk is to claim a bonus. You can bet on the game of your choice, knowing your net losses are covered.
- Use the Bonus to Try New Markets: What’s the point of having dozens of sports betting markets if you only bet on one every time? But the fact is players will only risk their money on familiar games. If you are unsure about a particular market, you can use the welcome bonus to check it out and see if it’s a good fit.
- Bet with Peace of Mind: Betting under pressure is always a bad idea. When the thought of losing your money overwhelms you, there is no way you have an enjoyable experience. That’s why claiming MS bonuses is always worth it. You can play with peace of mind, knowing that it’s not your money on the line. If things don’t work out, you can walk away.
You can claim bonuses that help you start sports betting in the Magnolia State on the right foot with the correct information. Get started by using our sports betting bonus guide below.
Best Mississippi Sports Betting Sites With Sign-up Bonuses
- The promotion ends on 12/31/22.
- Only players within state lines and are 21 years or older qualify.
- Bonus available for new players.
- Deposit and wager a $10 minimum on your initial transaction.
- The offer is a risk-free bet of up to $1,000.
- Example: If you deposit and wager $1,000 and lose, you will get 5 free bets of $200 each
- Free bets will hit your account within 24 hours.
BetMGM is a pioneer in Mississippi online sports betting, coming online in September 2021. Other outfits have also received the node but are yet to get the ball rolling.
So, for now, the BetMGM new player welcome bonus is as good as it gets. It is a standard risk-free bet bonus that gives you back your money in free bets if you lose.
It is not a secret that I am not a super fan of the risk-free offer, and only getting a bonus after you lose seems disingenuous to me.
But it is what it is, and I’m sure the offer is a lot more attractive when you get to take a second bite of the cherry after you lose.
MS Sportsbook Promo Code vs. Bonus Code
This is typical bonus jargon, and you will find it thrown around a lot in reviews for online sportsbook bonuses. I also use these here, so I might as well set the record straight and tell you which is which.
Now, the bonus code and promo code refer to the same thing. Here, I will discuss a unique code you use when claiming a bonus.
You might know this if you have registered for a new account before. You can interchange these phrases when you read my reviews if it helps you understand better.
Do You Need A Mississippi Promo Code?
Now, let us look at what a promo code is.
Online sportsbooks have unique codes that you use when claiming a bonus, and you input these codes during the registration exercise.
At BestOdds.com, we have also partnered with sports betting sites to get you the best deal. You use a promo code to alert the sportsbooks that you are coming from our site and want the best deal possible.
We do not keep promo codes secret. If a bonus requires one, you will know. But in most cases, you only need to click the “Get Bonus” links on our site to activate the welcome bonus. It’s as easy as that.
Best Mississippi Sports Betting Promos
For now, figuring this one out is a breeze.
Mississippi only has BetMGM on the sports betting roster, and this platform features a standard risk-free bet welcome bonus. But moving forward, I can imagine more promos will be up for grabs.
So, to give you a head start, I will describe all the bonuses you can encounter and rank them on which one I think is best.
When these finally roll around, you can try them out for yourself and see the best one for you.
The no deposit bonus is exactly as the name implies.
It is an offer you receive before depositing funds. All you need to do is create a new account, and the sportsbook rewards you with a bonus.
Naturally, you won’t break the bank with this one. No deposit bonuses are usually less than $100 and come sprinkled with restrictions.
Now, the no deposit bonus is my favorite, precisely because you need not put up investment to get it. But when you want to get your earnings from this bonus, you will need to put some skin in the game.
The deposit match bonus is also a standard feature on the promotions pages of many online gambling sites, and for a good reason. It is an easy-to-understand bonus that gives you what it promises.
This is why this bonus is second on my list. Unlike some bonuses that will only reward you when you lose, you get the deposit match bonus either way.
For example, a deposit bonus will give you a 100% deposit match of up to $1,000. You get this whether you win or lose.
The new player welcome bonus on BetMGM is a risk-free bet of up to $1,000. It’s the best bonus in Mississippi only because there are no other offers on the table.
Don’t get me wrong; you have a more enjoyable experience with this offer as part of your arsenal. But if you ask me, things could be way better.
My main issue with risk-free bonuses is they are only active when you lose. If you are lucky enough to win your wagers, forget about getting the welcome bonus.
Either way, I feel a reward should be yours; no conditions are necessary.
Bet & Get
You won’t usually receive the bet and get bonus as a welcome offer. This one is reserved for regulars to spice things up and keep the sportsbook lively.
I like its simplicity, but the reward is usually so small you won’t get any meaningful gains.
How To Pick The Best MS Sportsbook Promos
How do you pick the right bonus? Is it luck or just pure coincidence?
Well, something as crucial as a welcome bonus cannot be left to chance or dumb fate. You need to be deliberate when selecting a sportsbook to sign up in.
Here are some aspects I noted when picking sportsbook bonuses to include on our site.
- Find Offers with Low Wagering Requirements: Most bonuses have wagering requirements. Even if you plan to get the no deposit bonus, you will need to deposit to withdraw your earnings. It makes sense then to go only for offers with low wagering obligations because it will be much easier for you to fulfill your obligations.
- Consider the Valid Markets: Some bonuses will be specific to a set of games. You may also find some that state minimum odds on which the bonus applies. Before you put your name against any offers, consider the games on which you can use the bonus. If yours is on that list, then its all well and good. But if not, you might want to look for another bonus.
- Can You Wager the Bonus in Time: Online sportsbooks are not about to give you bonuses indefinitely. There are always time constraints. If you do not claim it, your bonus will expire and lapse if you delay completing your wagering obligations. Take note of these times and see if you stand a reasonable chance.
How To Use Mississippi Sportsbook Bonuses
Most bettors will jump on a welcome bonus as soon as it appears. I understand the eagerness to claim an offer, especially if it’s a good one.
But if you are to get the best deal, you need to keep a cool head. You should also be ready to do a fair amount of research to make sure you get the bonus at the right time.
Here is what I mean. Before you claim a bonus, look at the upcoming fixtures.
Check if any exciting events are coming up. Are there games that can give you a generous return, much more than what you receive at any other time?
Match the time you claim the offer, its expiration, and the date when this event is taking place. You can also wait to claim the bonus until there is a tournament like the Olympics or FIFA World Cup.
Do MS Sports Betting Bonuses Have Restrictions Or Limitations?
Restrictions are the name of the game. You need to accept this if you want to deal with online sportsbook bonuses. The book is a business, after all.
You must be at peace with the fact that they also want to make money, and the last thing they want is to see you walk out the door with your share.
Here are some common restrictions used by sportsbook operators.
- Minimum Odds: It’s not uncommon to find online sportsbook bonuses that state the minimum odds on which the bonus applies. While you are free to bet on any market, you may find restrictions on the game’s odds on the table. Some popular minimum odds are -200 or -300.
- Wagering Requirements: Online sportsbooks are not about to wish you good luck as you walk out with their money. I have said this before. If they allowed everyone to do that, they would quickly go broke. So there are always wagering requirements on these bonuses.
- You Need to Be Physically Present: MS sportsbooks only permit remote play if you are physically present at their premises. You can use an app on your phone, but you should be at the sportsbook. This is just another restriction you get here.
- Only Players 21 Years or Older Can Use Bonuses: Age restrictions apply to the broader sports betting experience. The law excludes players younger than 21 years from taking part in MS sports betting. So, automatically, this is also an exclusion from participating in the new player welcome offer.
What Are Wagering Requirements?
Now, a deeper look at what wagering requirements are and how they affect your overall sports betting experience.
When you claim an offer, the idea is to win and withdraw earnings. No one wants to deposit and not take out winnings at some point continuously.
But remember, bonuses are free sportsbook credit. It’s money you get for free to bet on the markets listed here.
So what’s to stop you from bolting as soon as you use this money to win more money? Two words, wagering requirements.
These indicate the number of times you must play through your bonus amount for your earnings to be withdrawable.
In essence, wagering requirements are a way for the sportsbook to try and win some of its money back. They are usually quoted as multiples from 25x to 45x, but the best deals always ask for only a 1x wagering obligation.
Free Bets vs. No-Deposit Bonuses
Free bets are one of the most common bonus types in the sportsbook. Operators usually give free bets to regular players to encourage the movement of traffic to a specific market.
The promotions pages of MS sports betting sites typically have game-specific free bets for basketball, baseball, and football. In most cases, you get free bets after depositing something and as part of the welcome bonus.
Bettors spend a great deal of time searching the promotions pages for no deposit bonus offers. The thought of landing a bonus just for signing up is exciting—no investment on your part.
Just give the sportsbook your details, and you are set. What could be better than that?
Look For More Than One Mississippi Sportsbook Promo
BetMGM opened its doors to bettors in September 2021. It’s not long now until we see more players coming in.
With that, expect more variety on the welcome bonuses front. But instead of trying to decide which one to claim, do like I do—secure multiple welcome bonuses with different brands.
Online sports betting is gambling; always keep that at the back of your mind. So there are no guarantees. Whenever you come across free credit, jump on it without delay.
Gambling Problem? Find out how to exclude yourself from casino gambling in Mississippi.