Mississippi Sports Betting
Multisports Promo: Bet $10 Win $200
Simply sign up, make a deposit and place your first wager. If the bet loses, BetMGM will give you the amount of your wager back in free bets up to $1,000.
This page contains references to products from one of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Affiliate Policy, visit this page.
Mississippi was one of the first states to launch sports betting once federal changes were made by the US Supreme Court, no longer blocking individual states from legalizing services.
A new law was on the books which allowed the state to get started in August 2018, shortly after the SCOTUS ruling on the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA).
Today, more than 20 physical casino properties offer sports betting, with some tribal operators offering on-site, and online wagering. Learn more about this large industry below, including where you can find top-rated sportsbooks!
Pros & Cons Of Betting On Sports In Mississippi
- More than 20 operators offer services across the state.
- Some tribal providers have online apps that work within tribal lands.
- Retail sportsbooks make betting fun with family and friends during significant events.
- Major brands are in the mix, including DraftKings and FanDuel
- Players can use cashier options for betting or self-service kiosks.
- Online sports betting is limited and only offered by a few tribal providers.
- Depending on your location in the state, travel may be needed to reach a sportsbook.
- Some operators only offer self-service kiosks and no dedicated viewing area for games.
- Gulf casinos often close during significant weather events, which shuts down sports betting access.
Would We Bet On Sports At Mississippi Sportsbooks?
Absolutely! Mississippi offers every major sports betting operator in the United States. From DraftKings and FanDuel to BetMGM and Caesars, even William Hill.
The only downside is that there is a very limited online market. While you can easily find a retail location throughout the state, there is no option for online betting unless you visit select tribal casinos that offer on-site internet betting.
How To Sign Up At A Betting Site
To take part in online sports betting, you need an account. Signing up takes only a few minutes, and then you are ready to deposit funds and start betting.
Follow the simple guide below to learn how to create an account.
- Visit a legalized online sports betting provider in the state.
- Click on the ‘Join Now’ or ‘Register Now’ button.
- Fill out the registration form with your name, email address, physical address, telephone number, birthday, last four digits of your social and choose a password for your account.
- Agree to the site’s terms and conditions and then click ‘Submit.’
- Check your email for verification, and use the link to visit the site or app and log int.
- Once logged in, you may be prompted to provide a copy of your photo ID for further verification.
- After signing into your account, deposit funds and start betting!
Be sure to only sign up for one account per provider. If you try to use the exact personal details but a different email to create a second account, you can be locked out from accessing services.
Avoid any issues by only creating one account with each provider in the state.
Mississippi operators are legally bound to ensure that you are situated in the state before giving you access to services when it comes to online sports betting.
To detect your location, geolocation services are used. An online sportsbook provider will require you to download software such as GeoComply to ensure you are located in Mississippi and on tribal lands allowed for online betting.
The download takes just a few minutes and runs in the background as you access gaming.
Sports Betting Apps
Perhaps the most popular form of sports betting in the United States today is found via apps. Both iOS and Android devices are compatible with apps, providing convenient and straightforward solutions for sports betting.
Players often prefer apps to desktop sites as it provides all the aspects of a sportsbook in one platform. Easily access your bet slip, cashier, promotions, and betting lines all in one place.
Pros & Cons Of Sports Betting Apps
- Access services online to place bets from your mobile device.
- Android and iOS devices are compatible.
- Convenient betting whenever you like.
- All markets are offered, including football, baseball, basketball, and more.
- Bet types include moneylines, prop bets, point totals, and additional types on offer.
- Online betting is limited to certain tribal casinos on-site.
- Odds might not be competitive due to the low number of providers.
- Major providers like FanDuel and DraftKings are inactive online.
- Continual access to online betting can lead to addiction issues.
Sports bettors are hopeful that complete online services will be legalized in the future so that bets can be placed across the state via desktop or mobile devices.
For now, here are the apps offered via tribal operators:
- Bok Homa Casino
- Golden Moon Hotel & Casino
- Silver Star Casino
If services open to the entire state in the future, we expect major land-based players in the state to move to the online sector, including:
BetMGM Sportsbook App
Operated by MGM Resorts International, this brand already offers retail services in the state. With an online app and desktop site, the BetMGM betting site is prepared to provide premium betting lines on various sports, including football, baseball, golf, basketball, soccer, and more.
DraftKings Sportsbook App
Also operational in the state, the DraftKings betting site is a top choice among online sports bettors. The brand features in-play, prop bets, moneylines, and a host of additional bet types.
FanDuel Sportsbook App
Another top online operator, FanDuel, also offers retail services in Mississippi and would jump on the chance to provide online betting as well. The FanDuel betting site takes the market share in the US states due to its intuitive app and competitive betting lines.
How To Fund Your Betting Account
To take part in online betting, you need to add funds to your account. Online sportsbooks offer simple ways to add and remove funds, with the process taking just a few minutes.
Learn how to complete both transaction types below.
How To Deposit:
- Log in to your sports betting account.
- Click on the ‘Cashier’ and select ‘Deposit.’
- Add the amount you wish to place inside your account and choose a banking method.
- Follow the steps provided to complete the deposit.
- Once funds are in your account, place your sports bets!
How To Withdraw:
- Visit your sportsbook account and log in.
- Select the ‘Cashier’ and choose ‘Withdraw.’
- Enter the amount you want to remove and choose a banking method.
- Complete the transactions by following the direction provided.
Online Sportsbook Payment Process
Whether you are adding or removing funds from your account, you want the process to run smoothly. It can with quality banking methods.
Check out the standard options found online below for both deposit and withdrawal transactions.
- Online banking
- Credit cards
- Debit cards
- Play+ Card
- Online banking
- Play+ Card
How Do Sports Betting Sign Up Offers Work?
Once you start to explore online sports betting sites, you will notice that operators offer bonus sign-up deals for new players.
These deals provide an added incentive for players to give betting a try via the operator. Standard promotions you will come across include first deposit offers, no deposit deals, and risk-free bets.
Each offer has its pros and cons, but in general, they are a great way to build a bankroll within a sportsbook. Read the details below of each promotion type to determine the best option for your sports betting needs.
First Deposit Offer
The first deposit deal is one of the more lucrative promotions offered for a new player at an online sports betting site. This offer provides a bonus cash match based on the amount of money deposited.
Let’s say a sportsbook has a 100% match deal worth up to $300. You can deposit up to the maximum amount, and the operator gives you the same amount in bonus cash. This doubles the amount of money you have for wagering.
Bettors need to consider the requirements of a deal such as this to ensure all factors are met. First deposit deals, and others, have wagering requirements of the bonus cash and deposit money that must be reached before a win can be withdrawn.
So, if you deposit $100, you receive $100 in bonus cash, which gives you $200 total to bet with. If a deal has a 10x wagering requirement, you must bet $2,000 before making a withdrawal, based on the deposit amount above.
Always read the fine print to ensure you understand what is required of you and that you can complete the deal promptly before claiming it.
No Deposit Offer
If you do not want to deposit cash to try a site, then the no deposit deal is the perfect option for you. This promotion provides a set amount of cash you can wager with.
The amount provided will be based on the operator as well as any terms and conditions. Some sportsbooks require you spend the cash on a specific sport or bet type. In most cases, the amount provided will be $100 or less.
The only downside to this type of deal is that most operators require you to deposit funds before you can cash out a win. So, while you get to try the site for free, you must add funds before you can reap the rewards of a solid bet.
This promotion is a bit different as it requires a deposit but pays you back for a loss. Basically, you deposit cash into your account and follow the terms of the deal, be it to wager a certain amount or place a specific type of bet.
An example of this deal would be a single bet of up to $100 on an NFL game. You place a wager of $75 and lose. The sportsbook then provides you the $75 back in bonus cash due to the loss. If you win, nothing happens.
But if you lose, the amount you bet is paid back as long as you follow the directions and don’t go over the maximum amount. It’s a win/win situation and a great way to avoid risking your funds.
Where Can I Place A Bet In Mississippi?
When in the state of Mississippi, several locations offer sports betting services. Land-based entities have teamed up with quality providers to provide premium odds on all professional and college sports markets.
Below is the complete list of properties where sports betting is offered along with its operating partner.
- 1st Jackpot Casino: This brand works with William Hill and is located in Robinsonville.
- Ameristar Casino: Located in Vicksburg, this casino also provides services via William Hill.
- Beau Rivage Resort & Casino: Travelers in Biloxi can access an MGM branded sportsbook here.
- Bok Homa Casino: IGT powers this sportsbook located in Heidelberg.
- Boomtown Casino: Also located in Biloxi, this casino features William Hill betting.
- Fitz Casino Hotel: A Robinsonville casino, this property has sports betting services provided by Foundation Gaming Group.
- Gold Strike Casino Resort: Also located in Robinsonville, MGM provides betting lines here.
- Golden Moon Hotel & Casino: This casino is situated in Philadelphia and provides betting via IGT software.
- Golden Nugget: A self-branded sportsbook can be found at this Biloxi casino.
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino: Also a self-branded operator featuring services in Biloxi.
- Harlow’s Casino Resort: Teamed up with BetAmerica, this casino offers retail betting in Greenville.
- Harrah’s Gulf Coast: Travelers often bet at this Biloxi location featuring Caesar’s services.
- Hollywood Casino Gulf Coast: Operated by William Hill, this casino can be found in the Bay Saint Louis area.
- Hollywood Casino Tunica: This is another Robinsonville location that features William Hill services.
- Horseshoe Casino & Hotel: Yet another Robinsonville casino, this property has a sportsbook operated by Caesars.
- IP Casino Resort Spa: Sports fans searching for a FanDuel branded book will find one here in Biloxi.
- Island View Casino Resort: Yet another William Hill branded book, this location offers betting lines in Gulfport.
- Isle of Capri Casino & Resort: Situated in Lula, this casino also provides William Hill services, but only in self-service kiosk format.
- Lady Luck Casino: This Vicksburg property also has William Hill betting lines.
- Magnolia Bluffs Casino: For a different provider, try this casino in Natchez featuring an MBC Sportsbook.
- Palace Casino Resort: In Biloxi, this casino provides William Hill services.
- Riverwalk Casino and Hotel: This Vicksburg property has a branded BetAmerica sportsbook.
- Sam’s Town Casino: More FanDuel action can be found here in Robinsonville.
- Scarlett Peral Casino and Hotel: For fans of DraftKings services, this is where you want to travel to place sports bets.
- Silver Slipper Casino: Located in Bay Saint Louis, this casino features a William Hill branded sportsbook.
- Silver Star Casino: This location offers only self-service kiosks by IGT.
- Treasure Bay Casino: Another William Hill location is offered here in Biloxi.
- WaterView Casino and Hotel: Also a William Hill property, offering retail betting in Vicksburg.
Mississippi Sports Betting Laws And Tax Rates
Lawmakers in Mississippi got to work quickly to legalize sports betting. In 2017, lawmakers repealed a section of state law that prohibited the industry.
Once the United States Supreme Court made federal changes in 2018, Mississippi launched services that August. The activity is taxed at 12%, with 8% going towards state and 4% local.
Gambling Problem? Find out how to exclude yourself from betting sports in Mississippi.