Self-Exclusion From Casino Gambling In MI
Michigan offers a wide variety of casino gaming options, from online services to commercial casinos in Detroit.
The Michigan Gaming Control Board is in charge of the industry, and the group works hard to ensure that players enjoy casino games responsibly.
To help with any problem gambling that may arise, the Board offers a self-exclusion program known as the Disassociated Persons list.
Players can voluntarily add their name to the list to be cut off from gaming for an extended period of time.
Because Michigan offers online and land-based gaming, there are two separate ways to be added to the Disassociated Persons list.
Learn more about the program below, including how to sign up and how to start playing again.
How Do I Get On A Self-Exclusion List In Michigan?
You must submit an application to be added to the self-exclusion list in Michigan. There is a process for the Disassociated Persons list for land-based and online play.
- Visit the gambling problem page of the Michigan Gaming Control Board and click on the link for the Disassociated Persons list for access to the application. This is the link: https://www.michigan.gov/mdhhs/0,5885,7-339-71550_2941_74002—,00.html
- Fill out the application, add in personal information, and initial the elements of the application.
- The form needs to be notarized and sent to the Board. It can take up to 45 days for an application to be processed.
Online Gambling Process:
- The Board provides access to the Disassociated Persons list online here: https://www.michigan.gov/mgcb/0,4620,7-351-79256-231582–,00.html
- Visit the link and click on the Internet Gaming and Sports Betting Responsible Gaming Database Application.
- Fill out the application and have it notarized before signing.
- This process can also take up to 45 days to complete.
What Will Happen After I Sign Up For A Self-Exclusion List?
The process of self-exclusion can take up to 45 days as your application is under review.
Once completed, you will be unable to visit commercial casinos in Detroit or play online, depending on which application you submitted.
How Do I Get Off A Self-Exclusion List In Michigan?
To be removed from the self-exclusion list, you need to fill out a removal application.
Click here to access the application: https://michigan.gov//documents/mgcb/DPL_Removal_Form_MGCB-AD-2060_705419_7.pdf
What will happen after I get off a self-exclusion list?
Once you are removed, you can freely enjoy land-based and online casino gaming.
How Do You Find Out If You Are Banned From A Casino?
Once your application is processed, you are banned. You can contact the control board to see if your application is completed as well as local casinos.
How Do I Block Myself From Gambling Sites?
Fill out the online casino gambling exclusion application via the Michigan Gaming Control Board website.
How Long Will I Be On The Self-Exclusion List?
The time frame of removal depends on which option you choose. Land-based options are five years or permanently. For online gambling, you can be excluded for one or five years.
Struggling with a gambling problem? Learn more about how to get help.