Virginia Lottery Review & App Experience
Pros & Cons Of Virginia Lottery
- Large collection of games
- Promotions are on offers like Cash Pop and eXTRA Chances
- Check winning numbers from recent drawings
- Apps for iOS and Android plus browser available
- Find huge progressive jackpot games
- Withdrawal options are limited
- Receiving prizes can take 2-5 business days
- Must be located in Virginia
- Larger prizes must be claimed in person
- Deposit options are limited
This page contains references to products from one of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Affiliate Policy, visit this page.
Quality lottery games await players online via the Virginia Lottery.
The state operator has provided lottery games in general for decades and launched online gaming in 2020.
Players visiting the online gaming site or utilizing the app have access to draw games like Powerball, Mega Millions, scratchers, and Print’n Play.
The operator offers promotions, including Cash Pop, eXTRA Chances, and more.
New players to the Virginia Lottery may be unsure where to start when it comes to online lottery gaming.
At BestOdds, we want to be sure that our readers know how to access games and take advantage of promotions with online lottery providers, including the one in Virginia.
Use our guide below to learn more about the Virginia Lottery, including pros and cons, how to sign up, banking, and available games.
Read on to see if you would like to try the lottery in Old Dominion.
Pros & Cons Of Virginia Lottery
- Large collection of games, including scratchers, draw games, and instant titles.
- Promotions are on offers like Cash Pop and eXTRA Chances.
- Use the site to check winning numbers from recent drawings.
- Lottery gaming is offered online via browser and apps for iOS and Android.
- Find huge progressive jackpot games with prizes in the six-figure range.
- Withdrawal options are limited.
- After making a withdrawal request, receiving prizes can take 2-5 business days.
- Players can only play lottery games online in Virginia if physically located in the state.
- Larger prizes must be claimed in person
- Deposit options are limited to PayPal, debit card, and ACH bank transfer.
Would You Play At Virginia Lottery?
Yes. The Virginia Lottery has vast experience in lottery services, and a large collection of games is on offer.
From instant options to scratchers, draw games like Powerball, and additional options can be found via app or web browser.
No matter what type of games you like, they can be found here.
The only drawback is the limited options for deposit and withdrawal. Plus, if you win a huge six-figure prize, it must be claimed in person.
The process is for player protection but does take longer to collect because of the need to travel.
An In-Depth Look At Virginia Lottery
The Virginia Lottery started in a retail format in 1987 after residents voted in favor of a state lottery.
The first ticket sales began in September 1988. It was not until July 2020 that online ticket sales began.
Online lottery gaming was banned in the past, but legislators decided to make changes to allow it.
The state sold over $800 million in online tickets within the first year.
The mobile app became a big hit instantly, allowing players to see drawing results, check tickets, and access mobile playslips.
The lottery regularly adds new games, making it easy for members to access new gaming options regularly.
The operator is also committed to safe and fair gaming.
Virginia Lottery Bonus Details
The Virginia Lottery is offering a signup bonus at this time of $10 Bonus + 10 Free Games.
However, the promotions page is filled with options from second-chance options to giveaways, free plays, and matchup bonus offers.
Click on your account once you sign up to find the Bonus section, with new bonuses and additional incentives options.
Always check your account to see if any new deals have been added.
Registration Process At Virginia Lottery
The registration process is streamlined at the Virginia Lottery, making it easy for any player to create a new account.
You do not have to be a state resident to participate, but you must be located within the borders of Virginia to access games.
Follow the directions below to create a new account:
- Use our link to visit the Virginia Lottery.
- Click on the Register button at the top right. A new window will pop up with questions you must answer.
- Type in your email and password and click Continue.
- On the next page, enter your name, gender, address, last four digits of your social security number, any promo code you may have, and mobile number, agree to age requirements, then click Submit.
- Provide your mobile details if you want to sign up for alerts, and then choose what you wish to be alerted on, including high jackpot prizes, news, and specific game options. You can be alerted via email or mobile.
- Click finalize to complete the registration process.
And you are all set. Your account is ready to go, and you should be automatically logged in.
Make a deposit, and you are ready to play lottery games!
Virginia Lottery App Experience
The Virginia Lottery offers its application on Android and iOS devices with quick download times on tablets and smartphones.
Players can use the app to play online instant games and check the latest jackpot amounts for upcoming drawings.
Winning numbers can also be reviewed along with eXTRA Chances entries and ticket checks.
While the app is a convenient option for bettors who want to wager from anywhere in Virginia, it does have its drawbacks.
Players complain on both Google and the Apple App Store that the app scanners do not work, with error messages or glitches.
The apps are worth trying but if you encounter issues, just use the web browser of your tablet or smartphone for the same games and features.
How To Download The Virginia Lottery App On Android
- Open the Google Play Store and search for Virginia Lottery.
- Once you locate the app, click the tab to download it.
- After the app is installed, open it on your device.
- Log in to an existing account or create one.
- Once logged in, deposit funds if needed to begin playing games.
How To Download The Virginia Lottery App On iOS
- Open the Apple Play Store on your phone or tablet.
- Search for Virginia Lottery in the search box.
- Click GET once you locate the app and install the application on your device.
- After the download is finished, open the app.
- Enter your log-in details or create a new account to sign in.
- After you are signed in, add funds to purchase lottery tickets or play online scratch cards.
Virginia Lottery Site Experience
The lottery site is by far the best option for players, be it on mobile or computer devices.
The site is set up well and easy to use, even for beginners.
Once logged in, players can click on Play Now to access games or click on the GAMES tab to narrow down choices, including scratch cards, draw games, and instants.
Click on the Winners & News tab to see the latest lottery developments and big winners.
The site also includes a promotions page that is full of options. Find deals on scratch cards, instant games, and other incentives.
For responsible gaming, the Virginia Lottery offers its Playing Matters category.
Find options to protect your gameplay and the play responsibly section full of tools and resources.
Virginia Lottery Games
The lottery offers a large selection of games online, with separate categories for each type.
Once logged in, use the categories to narrow the choices to an easy-to-manage list. Select a game to play or choose your ticket options.
Below are the top categories of games found at the Virginia Lottery site, including examples of titles you can play.
In this section of the site, players have access to dozens of instant titles.
Check out each title based on the imagery, price point, plus top prize.
Click on the i to read a little info on the game or click demo mode. The demo option allows players to try the game before investing funds.
This is a nice feature and helps players to avoid playing a lottery game they do not like.
- Doublin Doubloons
- Astro Portals
- Mayan Saga
- Robo Cash
- Jackpot Payout
- Cash Buster Towers
- Quick 6
- Sweet Crush
- VIP Gold
- Magic Mix-Up
With more than five pages of scratchers to choose from, the Virginia Lottery provides everything you need in this category.
Scroll through each page or use the filtering options to narrow your search.
Players can select price points such as $1, $5, or $10 scratchers, promotional games, extra chances, new games, and closing soon titles.
- $173m Extravaganza
- $5m Ultimate
- 100x the Money
- Extreme Millions
- Instant Millionaire
- $100m Explosion
- $30,000 Cash Party
- $5 Million Dollar Series
This category offers ten titles, including Powerball and Mega Millions, for quick ticket purchases.
Just click on a game category to make your selection.
The process is easy, and in no time, you will have tickets under your account ready to check after the big drawing.
- Cash Pop
- Mega Millions
- Bank a Million
- Cash 5
- Pick 4 with Fireball
- Pick 3 with Fireball
- New Year’s Millionaire Raffle
Virginia Lottery offers some notable features that players should note before playing lottery games.
The promotions page is a must-visit as it offers many incentives and special deals.
The instant games section is also unique as it provides access to demo mode for quick gameplay before investing funds.
- Promotions Page: Who doesn’t love a good deal? The promotions page of the lottery offers special deals for instant games, drawings, and scratch cards at all times. Scroll through the page to see what you could take advantage of!
- Instant Game Demo Mode: If you are like me, you hate wasting money on games you don’t like. On the Instants page of the Virginia Lottery, players can use demo mode to try out a game before playing it for real money. This helps players to test out games before investing real money.
Deposit & Withdrawals
You need to deposit funds into your new account to play lottery games for real money.
The Virginia Lottery offers only three options for deposit and minimal withdrawal methods.
While this is a slight negative, players will find the available options are secure and commonly used for online gaming across the US.
- Debit Card Only (Credit Card use is not allowed) $5 minimum purchase
- ACH transfer
- ACH transfer
- Visa Debit
A withdrawal request must be approved before it can be processed. Withdrawals can take from 2-5 days to complete.
Prizes of $100 or less will immediately be added to your wallet.
Prizes from $100.01 to $600 will be processed and added to the online wallet.
Prizes over $600 will see an email sent to the winner to begin the claim process.
Prizes of $100,000 or more will see the Virginia Lottery contact the player directly to claim the prize.
This amount is usually claimed in person.
The Virginia lottery does not have a loyalty program at this time.
However, regular lottery players can utilize second-chance drawings.
Non-winning lottery tickets can be entered a second time in such drawings for a chance to win prizes.
Click on the site’s Contact section to access the many ways to reach support within the Virginia Lottery.
Perhaps the quickest way is to call the support line at 1-804-692-777.
The Contact page also has an email option at the bottom to send a message to support.
The Frequently Asked Questions page is also helpful, providing players with insight into how to play games, deposit funds, and claim a prize.
Virginia Lottery Safety And Security
The Virginia Lottery takes player safety and security very seriously. Each drawing is placed under rigid security procedures, and every game must adhere to rules and standards.
In online play, the lottery provides strict account requirements to avoid identity fraud issues.
Players must provide personal information to create an account, including the last four digits of their social security number.
Players can rest easy knowing that controls are in place to protect personal and banking information. Data encryption protects this information and provides a quality lottery gaming environment.
About the author
A seasoned sports betting and casino content specialist covering US markets for over a decade. He enjoys long walks, old movies, and learning new t...[Read full bio]