Self-Exclusion From Sports Betting In KS
Sports betting is a legalized gambling activity in Kansas, with sports fans able to wager on a variety of sports markets like the NFL and MLB.
The Kansas Racing and Gaming Commission oversees the new industry and fully promotes responsible gambling.
Players who take part in sports betting within Kansas have access to a voluntary exclusion program. The unique program allows players to cease gambling activity at local casinos.
We expect the program to include sports betting once the new industry launches services.
Below is a simple guide on utilizing the self-exclusion program if you or a loved one have an issue with sports betting.
Signing up for the program ensures a player can take a break from wagering and focus on receiving help for any potential gambling problem.
Follow the steps below to sign up and remove yourself from the list after the time frame of exclusion has passed.
How Do I Get On A Self-Exclusion List In Kansas?
There are two ways to enroll in self-exclusion in Kansas, via a casino site or the Commission office in Topeka. Follow the steps below to complete either process for exclusion.
- Visit a state-owned casino in Kansas.
- Speak to a Commission agent on-site to start the process.
- The agent will help you fill out the self-exclusion form and start the process.
- To enroll via the Topeka Commission office, you must first set up an appointment.
- Contact the office at 785-296-5800.
- Speak to staff members and schedule an appointment to fill out a self-exclusion application.
- Attend the appointment, and the staff member will help you fill out the application and start the process of exclusion.
What Will Happen After I Sign Up For A Self-exclusion List?
After you sign up for self-exclusion, gaming facilities are required to remove your name from all direct marketing lists.
Check cashing is no longer allowed, and player program participation is denied. Anyone who is listed for self-exclusion can be arrested for criminal trespass.
Any jackpots, tickets, winnings, or gaming chips found on an individual charged with trespassing will be confiscated and forfeited.
How Do I Get Off A Self-exclusion List In Kansas?
Players who choose the two-year ban and want to come off the list after the time has passed must complete a few steps.
- Apply to the Commission for removal.
- Complete a problem gambling assessment by a Kansas Certified Gambling Counselor.
- Complete several courses focused on healthy lifestyle choices.
- The Kansas Racing and Gaming Commission then decides if you should come off the list or not.
What Will Happen After I Get Off A Self-exclusion List?
Once you are removed from the self-exclusion list, you can visit gambling facilities in Kansas.
Marketing materials can be mailed to you once again, and you are eligible to play and participate in various gambling activities.
How Do You Find Out If You Are Banned From A Sportsbook?
Once you fill out the self-exclusion form and it is accepted, you are banned from casinos in the state.
The Commission sends your personal information to the gambling operators, so you are banned from visiting.
How Do I Block Myself From Gambling Sites?
Once online sports betting is live in Kansas, you should be able to use the same self-exclusion process to ban yourself from online gaming.
You can also contact specific providers to see what steps you can take to remove yourself from accessing services.
How Long Will I Be On The Self-Exclusion List?
Kansas allows players to self-exclude for two years or a lifetime.
Struggling with a gambling problem? Learn more about how to get help.