How To Bet NFL On FanDuel App
Simply sign up, make a deposit and place your first wager.
If the bet loses, FanDuel will give you the amount of your wager back in free bets up to $1,000.
This page contains references to products from one of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Affiliate Policy, visit this page.
Sports betting has grown immensely since becoming legalized in the United States in 2018.
Now live and operational in some shape or form in over two dozen states, online sports betting is showing no signs of slowing down.
While some sports bettors will bet on anything just to have some action, the most popular sports to wager on in the United States is football, primarily the NFL.
In fact, American Football is the second most popular sport to bet on worldwide.
Every sportsbook offers NFL betting in one form or another.
However, if you are looking for a sportsbook that features every in and out of NFL wagering, then FanDuel sportsbook should be one of your first stops on the map.
From your run-of-the-mill moneyline and over/under total bets through your more comprehensive same-game parlays, teasers, and round robins, you will find those NFL betting types at FanDuel Sportsbook.
And if you think NFL betting at FanDuel stops when the games do, you’ll be in for a surprise.
FanDuel offers layers of offseason wagers that include NFL futures bets and bets surrounding the NFL drops including player props, event props, and more.
It is safety say that FanDuel is a one-stop-shop for all of your NFL betting needs.
In this guide, I will review everything you need to know about betting on the NFL at FanDuel Sportsbook.
How To Bet On NFL At FanDuel Sportsbook
Betting on the NFL at FanDuel Sportsbook is easy.
Whether you have ever placed a wager before or if you are a newbie, you will get the hang of it after the first time.
Below, I will list the steps that will explain how to place an NFL wager at FanDuel.
Signing Up For A FanDuel Sportsbook Account
Before you can place a bet at FanDuel, you must first sign up for a new account.
There are two ways to go about registering for a new account at FanDuel.
First, you can visit the FanDuel Sportsbook app or website and create a new account directly through them.
However, if you choose this route, then be sure to enter the promo code BESTODDS when prompted.
Using this exclusive code will unlock and activate your new user sign-up bonus exclusive for BestOdds.com patrons.
You can also register for a new FanDuel Sportsbook account by clicking on one of the direct signup links you will find right here at BestOdds.com.
Placing An NFL Bet At FanDuel Sportsbook
- Sign in to FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Next, you will click on the NFL tab on the FanDuel home screen on the app or website.
- Once you land on the NFL page, you will choose the game or market you want to place a bet on. If it is the offseason, you can wager on NFL Futures or the NFL Draft.
- Click on what you want to bet on then it will appear in your bet slip.
- Enter the exact amount that you want to stake.
- Finally, review your bet slip to make sure everything is exactly the way you want it and hit the submit bet button. Once your bet is accepted, the process is complete.
FanDuel Sportsbook Betting Rules For NFL
Although you can accomplish the same goals at all sportsbooks, they are all not created equal. Bonuses and promotions will vary as will the odds, the lines, and the juice.
Most importantly, however, all sportsbooks have different rules and different ways that they grade bets, which will impact your bankroll.
So it is important to know the rules at every sportsbook you have an account with.
If you have an account with FanDuel and DraftKings and you like the way FanDuel grades their touchdown scorer wagers better, then it would be wise to place this particular bet at FanDuel.
Below, I will review the rules of NFL Betting at FanDuel Sportsbook so you don’t have to go digging for them.
A moneyline bet is a simple straight wager. To win this type of bet, you will pick one side or the other to win outright. The odds are adjusted by the bookmaker according to a team or a player’s ability over their opponent.
To win an NFL moneyline bet at FanDuel, the side you picked to win must win the game straight up. Overtime is included in the final score.
Points Spread Rules
When you place a wager on a point spread bet, you are betting on a team’s margin of victory or defeat against their opponent.
If you bet on a favorite, they must win by more than the predetermined number shown at the time of your wager.
If you bet on the underdog, they must either win outright or lose by fewer points than the number shown.
To win a point spread bet at FanDuel, they must cover the spread based on the side you bet on. Overtime is included in the final score.
When you bet on an over/under total wager, you are betting on the final score by both teams combined.
If you take the over, the combined total points must go over the predetermined number shown.
If you take the under, the combined total points must be less than the number shown.
When there is a situation where the final score is the same as the number shown, the bet will be a push and get voided. In this situation, you will get your stake back.
Again, overtime is included in the final score.
Player / Team Props Rules
A prop bet, which is also referred to as a proposition bet, is not tied to the final score or outcome of the game.
Prop bets come in the form of player props, game props, team props, and exotic props.
At FanDuel, you will find most of these prop bet types in one form or another. However, primarily, you will find game props and player props.
Game props are focused on a specific outcome of a game that is not player performance-based.
Here are some examples of game props:
- Will the game go into overtime?
- When will the first timeout be called?
- Total sacks in a game
Player props are primarily tied to an individual player’s statistical performance during a game.
Here are some examples of player props:
- First touchdown scorer
- Anytime touchdown scorer
- Over/Under rushing yards
Here are some of the rules you must know that pertain to props at FanDuel:
- For an NFL bet to have action, a minimum of 10 minutes must elapse into the fourth quarter unless the result of the wager has already been graded.
- Overtime will count for all markets unless stated otherwise at the time you place the bet
- All bets will void if the venue of a matchup is changed.
- Bets on a game that is postponed and canceled will void unless the event is continued or rescheduled latrine the same week.
- All bets are settled and graded based on the results and statistics provided by the NFL’s governing body.
- All NFL Futures bets will include the playoffs unless stated otherwise.
A parlay is a bet type that combines two or more selections into one single bet ticket.
These individual bet selections are called legs.
To win your parlay bet, all of the legs must win. If even one loses, the entire bet ticket will be graded as a loss.
At FanDuel, you will find same-game-parlays (SGP). While the rules of parlay and an SGP are similar, the big difference is the fact that all of the legs included in an SGP are built from one single game or event.
First To Score TD Rules
Whether you place a first touchdown scorer bet or an anytime touchdown scorer bet at FanDuel, the rules are more or less uniform.
Here are some rules that will apply to touchdown scorer bets at FanDuel:
- Overtime will count for all touchdown scorer bets.
- If a game is postponed or canceled while in play, bets will stand on touchdowns that have already taken place.
- The player who scores the touchdown – crosses the goal line with the ball in hand – will be graded as the winner of a touchdown scorer bet and not the passer of the ball.
- For the first touchdown scorer bet, the player you bet on must score the first touchdown of the game.
- With an anytime touchdown scorer bet, the player you bet on must score at any point in the game, including overtime.
Quality Of NFL Betting Line / Odds FanDuel Sportsbook
Betting lines and odds at FanDuel Sportsbook will always vary compared to its competitors. With some NFL markets, you may find that FanDuel’s odds aren’t as good as its counterparts, which is normal.
However, to make things more attractive to their users, FanDuel offers some of the most aggressive promos and bonuses in the industry for new and existing users.
And despite their initial odds, it would be wise to apply these promos and bonuses offered by FanDuel to your bets to shift the odds into your favor and then some.
What’s more, since FanDuel is one of the biggest sportsbooks in the industry, they will offer even more NFL betting types and markets than some of their smaller competitors.
More options translate to more opportunities to make money, which is another edge FanDuel will offer over most.
You will also find ample offseason NFL markets at FanDuel as well. These will include NFL Draft betting markets, over/under team win total markets, NFL Awards markets and so many more.
FanDuel Sportsbook Bonus For NFL Betting
FanDuel Sportsbooks features some of the best NFL betting bonuses on the market.
While there aren’t many in the offseason if at all, there are layers of them once the season kicks off and will run through the Super Bowl.
Here are some examples of NFL betting promos and bonuses you will find at FanDuel:
- Never-ending odds boosts on individual games and player prop markets
- Player to score a touchdown boost and insurance
- First touchdown scorer insurance
- NFL parlay insurance
- NFL SGP insurance
- Lucrative risk-free bets for new users that can exceed $1000
- NFL Bet and Get – bet $50 on the moneyline of Sunday Night Football and get a $25 free live bet for Monday Night Football
Don’t forget to visit our Sportsbook promotion for the most up to day betting bonuses.