Delaware Sports Betting
This page contains references to products from one of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Affiliate Policy, visit this page.
Outside of Nevada, the state of Delaware was the first to launch sports betting inside the United States after the Supreme Court did away with the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA).
The three casinos in the state got started just one month after the act was struck down and have not looked back since. Unfortunately for mobile sports betting fans, there are no online services available in the state.
It is a legal option, but it seems to be far too expensive to launch for land-based operators at the moment.
Pros & Cons Of Betting On Sports In Delaware
- All three casinos in the state offer sports betting services.
- Easily wager on professional and college sports teams.
- Experienced operators offer a quality and secure betting experience.
- All bet types are included, such as parlays and prop wagers.
- Enjoy the on-site experience of watching a game with friends or family while betting.
- Only three properties offer services.
- Travel may be required to reach a sportsbook in the state.
- Online operations are not currently offered.
- The smaller market does not offer competitive odds as a larger market does.
Would We Bet On Sports At Delaware Sportsbooks?
Unfortunately, the state does not offer online services. Mobile sports betting is legal in the state, but operators have yet to launch services. The state’s population is relatively small, and it would be expensive for the land-based casinos to offer online options.
While there are no online options, the state does have a healthy industry via the three land-based sportsbooks. Each casino offers an ideal space for placing bets, with cashier windows and self-service kiosks on site. If we were located near one of these sportsbooks, we would feel comfortable placing a bet.
How To Sign Up At A Betting Site
Once online sports betting comes to Delaware, you need to know how to sign up for a new player account. The process is simple but might seem confusing to new players.
Follow the simple guide below to get started.
- Visit an online sportsbook desktop site or download the operator’s app to your mobile.
- Click the ‘Join Now’ or ‘Register’ button to begin the process.
- Fill out the registration form with your name, email, physical address, telephone number, date of birth, and the last four numbers on your social security card.
- Review the terms and conditions and agree. Then click submit.
- A confirmation email will then be sent to the address you provided. When the email arrives, click the link attached to confirm your account.
- The operator may also ask you to upload a copy of your photo ID for further identification verification.
- Once your account is active, sign in and deposit to place your first bet!
Federal legislation allows individual states in the US to legalize online sports betting. However, each state must ensure that players are only accessing services within its borders.
To do this, the operator must see each player install geolocation software such as GeoComply. The download takes just a few minutes, and once it is running, it detects the player’s location. This is how you access services.
After creating an account, you will be prompted to download the software. Once it is installed, you will not be asked to download it again.
Sports Betting Apps
With a sports betting app, players have access to online betting with a click of a button. Android and iOS devices are compatible with apps, making it easy for every mobile user to download an app and get started placing online sports bets.
Apps place everything within one platform, where players can access the cashier for deposits and withdrawals, sportsbook promotions, and bonuses, plus all wagering options, including live betting.
Apps are the common choice among sports betters as it is the most convenient way to place a bet!
Pros & Cons Of Sports Betting Apps
- Access betting via your smartphone while at home or on the go.
- Take advantage of special promotions, adding bonus funds to your account.
- Easily add funds or cash out with the help of your mobile app.
- Check out the daily odds and betting lines to stay up to date on upcoming games and events.
- Delaware does not offer online sports betting just yet, so players do not have access to services.
- Smaller mobile devices might make it challenging to see controls to place a sports bet.
- Continual access to betting can lead to addiction among some players.
If online sports betting were to launch in the future, we expect the following major players to be involved:
BetMGM Sportsbook App
Launching in every state it possibly can when it comes to sports betting, the BetMGM app is a brand to be reckoned with.
BetMGM brings players the best betting odds, with options for mobile and desktop wagering. Find all betting options on the NFL, NBA, MLB, NCAA, NHL, and many other sports leagues.
DraftKings Sportsbook App
Another top operator in the United States is DraftKings. With online and mobile services, the DraftKings app makes it easy for players to place futures and live bets, with a range of betting markets covered.
Promotions and contests are prevalent here, allowing players to take full advantage of all incentives provided by the brand.
FanDuel Sportsbook App
Top rival to DraftKings, the FanDuel app also offers premium mobile and desktop betting. Quickly place a bet from the comfort of home or while on the go.
Promotions, quality banking methods, and the best betting lines are easily accessible from the brand’s iOS or Android app. Place a bet within seconds by utilizing the top-rated app of the provider.
How To Fund Your Betting Account
To take part in online sports betting, your new account must be funded. Top-rated sportsbooks offer the best banking methods for deposits and withdrawal needs.
As a new player, it is essential to learn how the process works to feel comfortable with your first deposit and withdrawal. Use the simple steps below to get started.
How To Deposit:
- Log in to your online sports betting account.
- Click on the cashier section and select ‘Deposit’.
- Enter the amount of cash you wish to add and select a banking method.
- The site will then provide instructions on how to use the method to deposit.
- Once the funds are in your account, you will be able to start placing bets.
How To Withdraw Funds:
- Visit your favorite online sportsbook and log in.
- Click on the cashier and choose Withdrawal’.
- Add the amount you want to withdraw and the method to complete the transaction.
- Use the directions provided to complete the withdrawal of funds.
Online Sportsbook Payment Process
Online sportsbooks offer only the best banking options for players. The process needs to be quick and straightforward so that players will continue to use a site’s service.
Below are a few standard banking methods you will find for both depositing and withdrawal needs. Review the options of each method at a site to determine the minimum and maximum amounts allowed and the time needed for the transaction to be completed.
Standard Deposit Methods:
- VIP Preferred
- Credit cards
- Debit cards
- Play+ card
- Online banking
Standard Withdrawal Methods:
- VIP Preferred
- Online banking
- Play+ card
How Do Sports Betting Sign Up Offers Work?
Let’s talk about sports betting perks! As a new player to an online sports betting site, you gain access to signup offers. Also known as welcome deals, a signup offer is the sportsbooks way of enticing you to join.
There are usually one to three common offers to choose from, helping you earn free bets or bonus cash back for wagering. The first deposit deal, no deposit offer, and risk-free bet are the most frequently seen signup deals offered by sports betting operators.
Get to know these deal types below and take advantage of what will work best for you!
First Deposit Offer
Bettors in search of cashback on deposits will benefit from the first deposit deal. Generally, this offer will consist of a bonus cashback percentage connected to your first deposit.
Operators usually provide a 100% match with the deal, offering up to $500 in deposits. So, with this deal, you can add any amount up to $500 to qualify. You may be required to enter a bonus code, so be sure to do so to activate the deal.
Let’s say you have a 100% match deal, and you add $100 to your account. The operator then provides you with $100 in bonus cash, giving you $200 to bet with!
Promotions such as this will have wagering requirements, with the bonus and deposit amount to be wagered a certain number of times. Details are usually listed in the terms and conditions. For example’s sake, let’s say the requirement is 10X.
You would need to wager $2,000 before you could cash out. If this amount is too much for you, consider adding a lower first deposit to take advantage of the deal, where you will have an easier time reaching the requirement terms.
No Deposit Offer
If you want to avoid depositing funds, seek out a no deposit offer. You are not required to deposit to bet with the bonus cash, and the amount will be small, usually under $100.
If you win the bet, you must deposit cash based on the terms and conditions of the deal before you are allowed to cash out. This is a stipulation that must be followed.
If you want to minimize your losses, choose to take advantage of a risk-free bet. This type of wager requires you to deposit funds and place a bet. The bet may have stipulations such as a particular sport or bet type.
Let’s say an online sportsbook is offering a risk-free bet worth up to $50 on MLB games. You deposit $30 and place the bet, and unfortunately lose. Well, the sportsbook then adds $30 back into your account in bonus cash.
You cannot cash out the bonus funds, but you can wager with it. Having access to bonus funds after the loss is like you never placed the bet in the first place.
Where Can I Place A Bet In Delaware?
In the state, three casinos offer services. Lottery retailers are also allowed to offer parlay betting. So, if you are not located near a physical casino, you can wager via a lottery location.
Check out the details of the sportsbooks at the local casinos below.
Delaware Park: This venue provides a sportsbook on the second floor and additional sports tellers and self-service machines on Track Side on Saturdays and Sundays. Sports bettors have the option to sign up for Player Rewards Cards and earn exclusive benefits for bets placed.
Dover Downs Hotel & Casino: William Hill provides sports betting services here, with options for players to wager on all sports, including football, basketball, and baseball. Bettors can select from several prop bets, over-under, moneyline, parlays, and more.
Harrington Raceway: At this location, bettors have access to Murphy’s Race and Sports Book. There is a full menu of betting options, with various markets and bet types to select from. Major sports are covered at the facility, including auto racing, MLB, NCAAF, NFL, MLS, NBA, and more.
Delaware Sports Betting Laws And Tax Rates
Delaware is one of a select few states in the US that had legalized sports betting during the reign of the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA).
In 2009, the state passed legislation to allow the lottery to expand into additional forms of parlay, and Federal law stood in the way of this action until May 2018, when the US Supreme Court repealed PASPA.
The state moved so quickly after PASPA ended that it was the first to launch, even beating New Jersey to the punch. The three casinos in the state began accepting sports bets in June 2018. The industry is taxed at a high rate of 50%.