Connecticut Sports Betting
DraftKings’ offer is a straightforward deposit match.
DK will match 20% of your initial deposit up to $1,000. Deposit $5,000 when you open your new account and DraftKings will deposit an additional $1,000. You will have $6,000 to bet on sports.
Simply sign up, make a deposit and place your first wager.
If the bet loses, FanDuel will give you the amount of your wager back in free bets up to $1,000.
The SugarHouse offer is a straightforward deposit match.
SugarHouse will match 100% of your initial deposit up to $250. Deposit $250 when you open your new account and SH will deposit an additional $250.
You will have $500 to bet on sports.
This page contains references to products from one of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Affiliate Policy, visit this page.
Legislators approved sports betting in 2021 for Connecticut via a new gaming compact signed with the Mohegan Tribe and the Mashantucket Pequot tribe.
With federal approval, the tribal gaming operators can offer online sports betting as well as land-based sportsbooks. Included in the legalization of the new industry is approval for the Lottery to offer services as well.
This opens the state to a more extensive selection of land-based locations. Get to know the industry below, including how to sign up and which operators are offering services.
Pros & Cons Of Betting On Sports In Connecticut
- Access retail sports betting via Foxwoods Casino, the Mohegan Sun, and lottery locations.
- Online betting is provided via DraftKings and FanDuel, thanks to tribal agreements in the state.
- All betting markets are covered, including NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, and more.
- Wager online via iOS and Android devices.
- Take part in mobile promotions to add bonus funds to your account.
- Retail providers are limited due to the tribal compact agreements.
- Players must be 21 years of age to take part.
- Online services are limited to within the state’s borders.
- The convenience of online sports betting could lead to gambling harm among certain players.
Would We Bet On Sports At Connecticut Sportsbooks?
Sports betting has launched, the tribal gaming compacts for the Mohegan and Mashantucket Pequot are approved on a federal level.
The green light has been given, players can access three online sportsbooks in the state. With top-rated online providers like DraftKings and FanDuel offering services, it’s a no-brainer.
You can expect the best odds, premium markets, and sportsbook promotions. Land-based options are good, too, ensuring an all-around betting industry for residents and visitors.
How To Sign Up A A Betting Site
Before you can start placing sports bets online, you need an account. Setting up your first sportsbook account is simple.
By following the steps below, you can make a deposit and be ready to bet on your favorite sports in just minutes.
- Download the sports betting app of a local provider, such as DraftKings or FanDuel. You can also choose to use the operator website via desktop.
- Click the ‘Register’ or ‘Join Now’ button to get started.
- Fill out the registration form with your name, address, email, telephone number, birthday, and last four digits of your social security number.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and submit the information.
- Check your email and confirm your account.
- The operator may also ask you to send in a copy of your photo ID for additional verification.
- Once you log in to your account, click the ‘Cashier’ and make your first deposit to start posting bets!
Once you have an account set up with an operator, you are all set. Do not sign up for a second account, even if you use a different email.
This will alert the operator and cause your account to be locked. Only one account is provided per person.
Avoid any issues by signing up for a single account per operator.
For online sports betting to occur in Connecticut, players must be located in the state. But how do operators know where you are? To detect your location, the sportsbook will use geolocation technology.
Software programs such as GeoComply are used to ensure you are in Connecticut. If you try to open the app in another state, it will not work.
After signing up for a new player account, the operator will request you download the geolocation tech so that they can determine where you are and verify the start of services.
The download is a one-time deal and takes only minutes to set up.
Sports Betting Apps
Sports bettors today love nothing more than using an app to place bets. The majority of bets placed in the United States are done so via smartphones or tablets.
Mobile betting is a convenient option for sports fans as it just takes a click of a button to place your bet.
In Connecticut, players have access to premium options, so betting is always easy and fun!
Pros & Cons Of Sports Betting Apps
- Wager with FanDuel and DraftKings.
- Place a bet from anywhere in Connecticut.
- Take advantage of promotions offered via sports betting apps.
- Watch your favorite team and bet from the couch or a bar.
- Access a ton of bet types, including moneyline and prop bets.
- Betting is convenient, so it can lead to gambling addiction in some players.
- Only three operators are offering online services in Connecticut.
- Players must be 21 years of age or older to take part.
- Odds might not be as competitive in a smaller online market.
These operators are expected to offer betting services once online sports betting gets going:
DraftKings Sportsbook App
Partnered with the Mashantucket Pequot tribe, the DraftKings app will offer online services for the Foxwoods Resort and Casino along with its retail services.
Sports fans can expect quality betting odds on various sports, including football, basketball, baseball, hockey, and golf. Use the app to access services or the sportsbook website.
FanDuel Sportsbook App
The FanDuel app offers excellent service options and has captured the market share in several states due to its popularity among sports fans. After teaming up with the Mohegan Tribe, FanDuel is the brand set to offer sports betting services for the Mohegan Sun Casino in-person and online.
Download the app on your mobile smartphone or tablet and wager on your favorite sports or individual teams.
SugarHouse Sportsbook App
The Connecticut Lottery was allowed to choose an online operator to team up with to offer its own iGaming services, and the operator chose Rush Street Interactive.
The SugarHouse app is live, players can access quality sports betting options via the seasoned online gaming provider.
How To Fund Your Betting Account
Once you have created an online sport betting account, you need to fund it. With cash in your account, you can place bets whenever you like. Operators like DraftKings and FanDuel make it easy for you to deposit and withdraw funds.
Learn the steps below to understand how to complete both transaction types.
How To Deposit Funds
- Log in to your online sports betting account.
- Click on the ‘Cashier’ and choose the deposit option.
- From there, enter the amount you want to add plus the bank method.
- Use the instructions provided to complete the transaction.
- Once the funds are in your account, you are ready to bet!
How To Withdraw Funds
- Visit your sportsbook account and select the cashier option after logging in.
- Choose withdrawal and select a banking method to use.
- Enter the amount to withdraw and follow the steps to complete the withdrawal.
- You should receive your funds instantly or within a few days based on the method you choose.
Online Sportsbook Payment Process
Now that you know how to add and remove funds, it is essential to review the available banking methods. For the most part, providers in the US tend to use the same type of options.
Check out both deposit and withdrawal methods below you will commonly find at sportsbooks.
- VIP Preferred
- VIP Preferred
- Check by mail
How Do Sports Betting Sign Up Offers Work?
As you sign up for new sports betting account, you will see new player promotions known as sign up offers. These deals are a great way to add bonus funds to your bankroll. Use the funds to place bets whenever you like, adding to any deposit you make.
Signup offers are restricted to new players and come in three standard formats: first deposit, no deposit, and risk-free bet.
Check out the details of these offers below to see what you can earn from online sports betting sites.
First Deposit Offer
The most common deal that players take advantage of within a sportsbook is the first deposit offer. This deal provides you with bonus cash based on your deposit. In general, this promotion will be a bonus match.
An example would be a 100% match worth up to $200. All you have to do is deposit up to $200, and you get the same amount added to your account in bonus funds.
Let’s say you deposit $100. With the 100% match, you are given $100 in bonus cash in your account. This gives you $200 to bet with. All you have to do is wager the bonus and deposit amount a certain number of times to clear the deal.
This is known as the wagering requirement. Promotions such as the first deposit offer will typically have 25x to 40x wagering requirements. Once you meet the criteria, you can then withdraw any winnings you have earned.
No Deposit Offer
Another great option is the no deposit deal. Just as the name suggests, you do not have to deposit to access bonus cash. The sportsbook gives you a specific amount of bonus funds to wager. In many cases, the deal will be restricted to a specific sport or bet type.
You must meet this criterion to receive the bonus funds for wagering. And while the deal is given without a deposit, you will need to add funds to your account before you will be allowed to remove winnings.
If you want to deposit funds and enjoy a risk-free promotion, this bet is the one you want to take. Open to new players, the risk-free bet is a certain amount of cash you can wager that will be paid back to you if the bet loses.
Let’s say a sportsbook is running a risk-free wager worth up to $100 on an NFL game. You wager $50 on your favorite team to win, but unfortunately, they lose. Typically, you would be out $50.
However, with the risk-free bet, you are given $50 in bonus funds to wager with. This is a great way to place a bet and avoid any losses as a first-time player.
Where Can I Place A Bet In Connecticut?
Land-based sportsbooks can be found at the two casinos in the state. The Mohegan Tribe and the Mashantucket Pequot have signed partnership deals to launch online and land-based services.
The lottery is allowed to offer up to 15 retail sportsbooks in the state. Once the facilities are up and running, even more, physical locations will be on offer.
Mohegan Sun: The Mohegan Tribe will offer a FanDuel branded sportsbook within its casino.
Foxwoods Casino: The Mashantucket Pequot has partnered with DraftKings to launch online and land-based services.
Connecticut Sports Betting Laws And Tax Rates
Sports betting in Connecticut is based on a new tribal gaming compact signed with the Mohegan Tribe and the Mashantucket Pequot Tribe. The two tribes are allowed to offer online sports betting, along with the state lottery.
For land-based services, the tribes can create sportsbooks within the Foxwoods Casino and the Mohegan Sun. The tax rate for the industry has been set at 13.75%.
Gambling Problem? Find out how to exclude yourself from betting sports in Connecticut.