Would We Play At Canadian Online Casinos?
Yes, we would! Several provinces have launched their online gambling platforms.
Depending on which province you are in, you may have access to table games, including live dealer, slot machines, keno, bingo, video poker, and traditional poker.
Top online casino game providers, including IGT and Scientific Games content, can be found at Canadian online gambling sites.
Some provinces offer more options than others, so we would stick to gaming in Ontario, Quebec, and British Columbia, where gaming is plentiful.
Online casino gaming is pretty average here, so don’t expect any significant thrills.
How To Sign Up At Online Casinos
Before you can access games, you will need to create an online casino account.
The process is simple and takes only a few minutes. Follow the steps below to get started:
- Visit an available online casino in the province you are located in.
- Click the ‘Join Now’ or ‘Sign Up’ button.
- Fill out the registration form with your name, address, email, telephone number, and additional details. You will need to provide a copy of your national ID for verification.
- Once you complete the forms, submit the information.
- After your account is verified and approved, you will be able to log in and make a real money deposit to play games.
Be sure to only sign up for one account per operator. Some Canadian online gambling sites offer multiple services, such as lotteries and sports betting.
You do not need multiple accounts to access the services. If you try to sign up for more than one account, it will result in your account being locked.
Because Canadian online casino sites require you to be inside a province to access services, geolocation technology is required.
Software such as GeoComply is downloaded to check your location. If you are in the correct province, the operator allows you to access services.
If you are not, then you are restricted from gaming. Geolocation software must be downloaded upon the creation of a new account before real money gaming can begin.
The process is simple and takes only a few minutes to get started.
Online Casino Apps
Casino operators use Android and iOS devices to offer gaming on the go.
Several Canadian providers use online casino apps to ensure players can play their favorite slots and table games from anywhere in the province.
Intuitive navigation, quality controls, and HTML5 graphics provide a fun and exciting gambling experience via a mobile device.
Pros & Cons Of Online Casino Apps
- Access slots, poker, table games, even sports betting from casino platforms.
- Games can be played via desktop or mobile devices.
- Official portals are operated by provincial governments creating a safe gambling environment.
- Some casino sites feature local lottery games online.
- Easily play games while on the go or in the comfort of your home.
- Select provinces only offer limited online casino gaming options.
- You must be located inside a province to access apps or sites.
- The convenience of iGaming can lead to addiction among players.
- Poker games are not offered in the Atlantic provinces.
The betting apps you have access to in Canada will vary based on where you are located. Each province that offers iGaming has a specific site that can only be accessed within that particular area.
Espacejeux Casino App
This app is offered in Quebec. Starting in 2010, this site has provided a full selection of casino games, lottery, sports betting, and poker for many years. Easily play anything you like within one account.
PlayOLG Casino App
Offered in Ontario, this online gambling portal provides slots, table games, video poker, and sports betting. The selection of titles is limited, but you should find traditional games you recognize at the site.
Atlantic Lottery Corporation Casino App
Available via Atlantic provinces, the Atlantic Lottery Corporation offers players access to lottery games online as well as casino titles, bingo, and sports betting.
PlayNow.ca Casino App
Both Manitoba and British Columbia provide access to PlayNow. The BC Lottery Corporation launched the site in 2004 and offers a large selection of slots, table games, and poker options. Lottery games and sports betting are also available here.
PlayAlberta.ca Casino App
This site is offered in Alberta, Canada. Having launched in October 2020, the portal includes slots and table games. Players can also use the site to play lottery games.
DraftKings Casino App
As opportunities for sports betting and casino gaming open up in the country, operators like DraftKings are expected to enter the fray. The platform of DraftKings can offer sports betting and casino games, with a solid selection of content for every bettor.
BetMGM Casino App
A popular brand in the US, BetMGM online casino offers a solid selection of casino games and sports betting services. Easily access slots, table games, and video poker in the casino section while the sportsbook provides access to tons of markets, including NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL betting.
FanDuel Casino App
Another well-known sports betting brand, FanDuel online casino, offers online casino and sports betting services in markets where legislation allows. The brand is continually focused on expansion and offers a popular selection of casino game titles and betting lines.
theSCORE BET Casino App
This brand is known for sports betting but also has a hand in online casino gaming options. For players in Canada, once launched, theScore BET will offer a comprehensive platform via mobile and desktop that allows for casino play and sports betting. Efficiently use an iOS or Android device to get started.
How To Fund Your Betting Account
While in a Canadian province, you will need to create an online betting account and add funds to play games for real money. After logging into your account, visit the cashier to see what options are available to you.
Deposits and withdrawals are easily made thanks to several methods provided by online casino operators.
How To Deposit:
- Log in to your online casino account and visit the cashier.
- Select the deposit section and choose a banking method.
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit and follow the steps provided by the casino to complete the transaction.
- Once the funds are cleared, your account will have cash inside for betting.
How To Withdraw Funds:
- After winning from casino games, visit the cashier and select the withdrawal section.
- Choose a preferred method and enter the amount you wish to withdraw. Be aware that some methods have minimum and maximum withdrawal requirements.
- Follow the steps of the provider to complete the removal of funds.
- Once the cash is in your account, you can use it as you like!
Online Casinos Payment Process
Canadian online casinos offer a wide range of payment methods, whether you are depositing or withdrawing funds. Each method is easy to use, even for beginners.
The options available to you will be dependent on the province in which you are located and the operator you are playing with.
Common Deposit Methods:
- Citadel commerce
- Interac online
- Bank transfer
Common Withdrawal Methods:
- Bank transfer
How Do Online Casino Sign Up Offers Work?
As a new member of an online casino, you have access to signup offers to add bonus cash to your account. In Canada, the offers available to you will depend on which operator you are playing with.
Generally, providers will offer a first deposit deal, a no deposit offer, or a free bet. Each promotion is a great way to add bonus cash to your account. Check out the details of each offer below to see how you can benefit from the bonus deals provided.
First Deposit Offer
One of the first deals you will see upon signing up to a new online casino is the first deposit offer. This deal is a bonus cash match on your first deposit worth up to a certain amount.
Let’s say a Canadian operator offers a 100% match worth up to $1,000. This means you can deposit up to $1,000, and the site will match that amount in bonus cash. If you deposit $300, you earn $300 in bonus cash, which gives you $600 to play with.
With this deal and other types, there are wagering requirements. You will need to meet all wagering requirements before you can cash out. A First Deposit deal usually has a bonus plus deposit requirement.
You would need to bet the $300 (deposit) + the $300 (bonus) a certain number of times on the deposit mentioned above. Let’s say it’s 10x. So, $600 x 10 = $6,000. You would need to wager $6,000 in total before you could take out any winnings.
Always read the terms and conditions of a deal and fully understand what is required of you before agreeing to a deal.
No Deposit Offer
If you want to try an online casino for free with no investment, look for a no deposit deal. This promotion provides you with a set amount of cash that can be used to play online casino games without the need for a deposit.
Try out slots or table games and if you have fun, add your funds to play. The minimum amount to add will be designated based on the offer and the casino. The only downside to this deal is that you must deposit before withdrawing funds if you win with the bonus cash.
Yet another option commonly offered at online casinos is the free bet. This wager is one provided to you by the casino. A certain amount of bonus cash is offered, usually wagered on a specific slot or table game.
This type of promotion allows you to test out the site without investing any funds. If you like the games and layout of the casino, you can easily deposit your own money and continue playing games.
Where Can I Gamble In Canada?
You can find gambling locations throughout Canada. The options available to you are dependent on the province in which you are located. Smaller provinces will have just a handful of locations, while the larger ones will be home to luxury resorts.
Below is a list of a few provinces and how many casinos they offer, including game types, to give you an idea of what to expect in Canada.
- British Columbia: This province is home to 36 casinos with large venues in Vancouver and smaller options by First Nations. Players can access plenty of games, including slots and blackjack. Sports betting is also available.
- Ontario: Here is where you will find a large selection of live casinos with 25 on offer. There are luxury resorts in Windsor and Toronto, as well as smaller venues in other areas. Ontario is home to traditional casino gaming as well as poker, lotteries, and sports betting.
- Alberta: This province offers 28 land-based venues as well as bingo halls. Each location provides an excellent selection of casino gaming titles.
- Nova Scotia: Here, you have access to only two commercial casinos. Travel to Halifax or Sydney to play casino games. Bingo halls are also located in the province, and you can play video lottery terminals at some locations.
- Manitoba: In Winnipeg, there are commercial casinos, and First Nations offer casinos around the province. The largest casino in the area is the Club Regent, home to over 900 slot machines.
Canadian Online Casino Laws And Tax Rates
Online casino gambling is legalized in Canada if operations are offered via provincial portals. In provinces where iGaming is offered, sites are operated by lottery organizations or the government.
While the country does not have an open online gambling market within provinces like the US does in the states where legislation has passed, it is expected to be modernized. Gambling experts expect Canada to open to regulated gaming sites by influential brands in the future.
A plus to enjoying casino games in Canadian provinces for gamblers is that gambling winnings are tax-free. Unless you are a professional poker player or sports bettor, you can enjoy wins from the lottery, slot games, and table games free from any tax payments.