How To Signup For Caesars Sportsbook
Place a first-time wager of up to $1,100, and get it back the same amount in the form of a Free Bet insurance match if you lose.
This page contains references to products from one of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Affiliate Policy, visit this page.
New players to any Caesars online sportsbook in the US must complete a “Know Your Customer” verification process.
Also known as KYC, this procedure is essential to an online operator adhering to regulations connected to the industry.
KYC helps protect the sportsbook from anti-money laundering and other financial crimes.
The process protects the individual’s personal information and finances. It is also used to determine your age and protect minors from accessing online sports betting services.
At BestOdds, we provide our players with insight into the Know Your Customer process at Caesars Sportsbook. Once you understand the process, it will be easy to start posting sports bets with the top-rated operator.
Learn more about the steps for verification below, including what documents you need upon signup.
How To Sign Up At Caesars Sportsbook
- Create a new account at a Caesars Sportsbook.
- The account registration page will pop up. Fill in your personal information, including your name and birthdate.
- Continue to the next page to enter your address and additional details. Agree to all terms and conditions.
- Enter in the last four digits of your social security number.
- Once your account is created, you can log in and deposit funds.
- Use the funds to place sports bets. Once you earn a win and want to cash out, the verification process will be required.
- Present all requested documents to Caesars. This may include an ID card and proof of address.
- Once the documents are submitted and approved, you are free to make a withdrawal as you like.
What Is KYC & ID Verification
KYC is a term used to describe a process of gathering personal details to verify an individual’s identity for gambling activity. ID verification is, of course, a process where the sportsbook will ensure that you are who you say you are.
Such checks help remove players who may be acting in a criminal manner, such as engaging in money laundering or using false identification.
KYC is also effective in keeping underage gambling at bay and stopping individuals from opening multiple accounts to access bonuses.
What Counts As A KYC Document?
To prepare your account for the KYC procedure, you must know what type of documents will work.
Have a few different choices available in case Caesars requests additional identity verification.
Below is a list of options you can use.
- Driver’s License (The ID must not be expired)
- State ID Card (This card must not be expired)
- Voter ID Card
- City/State Employee ID Card
- Birth Certificate
- University ID Card
Why Is ID Verification So Important for Online Sportsbooks?
The process of verifying individual player IDs is essential for several reasons.
First, in the United States, federal laws require an online gambling operator to complete the process if they have $1 million or more in gross revenues.
Sportsbooks are held to the same standards as financial institutions to avoid money laundering or fraud. ID verification also protects players from nefarious operators.
The KYC process ensures both the operator and player are protected and creates trust between the two so that the industry can function with full compliance from both parties.
In the past, offshore operators have offered services without such procedures in place. The operator then shut down and did not repay players their bankrolls.
It is not uncommon for criminals to use gambling as a vehicle for money laundering. Online sportsbooks like Caesars offer quality banking options for depositing and withdrawing funds to avoid this issue.
The KYC process makes it more difficult for criminals to use online sports betting sites to conduct money laundering activities.
KYC also acts as a form of fraud prevention. Identity theft is a real threat to the public, especially online activity. With this identity process in place at online sportsbooks, only an individual with the proper paperwork can create an account.
A thief with your credit card might try to create an account and use it but would be unable to complete the verification process, which would send up red flags to the operator.
It is far more difficult for an individual to use stolen information to set up an account with a sportsbook with today’s KYC standards in place.
Online sports betting operators are subject to non-compliance fines for various reasons. Regulators want to ensure that each operator is complying with gambling protection requirements.
Operators face fines if they do not follow property ID verification processes or allow players on the self-exclusion list to sign up for a new player account.
KYC Checklist For Signing Up At Caesars Sportsbook
- Gather the documents you need to complete the KYC procedure. This can include your driver’s license, state ID card, national ID card, Passport, or another form of identification.
- The operator may ask for proof of address too. A bank statement, mortgage statement, tax statement, or utility bill will work for that.
- Deposit to add funds to the new sportsbook account.
- Once you post a few bets and earn a win, you will be ready to cash out. At this time, the sportsbook will ask for the required documents.
- Wait for support to process the documents and complete verification. Support may request clarification or other documents to complete the process.
- Once it’s accepted, you should be able to withdraw funds.
Common Problem When Signing Up At Caesars App
When trying to complete the KYC process, you may encounter an issue, be it with documentation or verification.
Below are a few common problems and how to complete the verification process as quickly as possible.
- Documentation Issues: For the most part, you may not have any issue gathering documents you need for verification, such as your driver’s license or bank statement for proof of address. If you do not have a state ID or the documents needed, speak to support to see other options to complete the process.
- Low Staff Numbers: Some operators may not have an extensive collection of staff members to verify the identity of new members. If this is the case, the process of KYC may take longer than expected.
- Expired ID: If your ID card is expired, Caesars will not be able to accept it for verification. Visit your local DMV or check online to see how you can update your card. Once the new card is created, it will work for verification purposes.
Why Am I Being Asked To Verify My Identity?
The KYC procedure is required due to federal law and for your protection. This process ensures the person who they say they are so that no identity fraud can take place.
Without identity verification, someone could easily pose as someone else and use a credit or debit card to gamble.
Why Am I Being Asked To Provide My ID?
An ID is a proven form of verification for an individual.
An ID, such as a State ID or driver’s license, is one that is approved on a federal level and requires certain paperwork including a social security card and birth certificate.
Sportsbooks must require you to send a copy of your ID for verification to ensure compliance with federal protocols.
Why Am I Having Trouble Verifying My Identity?
One issue could be that the information you provided is incorrect. Perhaps a number on your license was entered incorrectly, or there is an issue with your social security number.
Check with support to determine the problem and find out what steps you can take to fix it.
Why Am I Unable To Verify?
Some of the verification processes are automated so that you may run into trouble at some point. Contact support if you have an issue with the verification process.
Documents can also scan incorrectly, which leads to issues. Ask support if you need to upload clearer pictures of your documents for verification.
What Is 2-factor Authentication?
Many online sportsbooks will use 2-factor authentication for an added layer of security for players.
Even though your account has a password, this extra layer of security ensures no one can log in to your account. The extra step requires a numeric code sent to you each time you try to log in.
Why Am I Being Asked to Provide My SSN & Complete A W9 Form?
The social security number request is used to confirm your identity. A W9 form will be required if you earn a big win from the sportsbook.
Depending on where you live, a certain percentage of taxes must be paid on wins.
Why Am I Having Trouble Authenticating My Account?
Operators are unable to assist with authentication questions regarding your account. It is most likely the issue stems from a third-party provider having an issue with the information provided by Public Record.
Support can help with resetting authentication questions so that you can get back into your account with ease. Contact the support team if you have an issue with account authentication.
Why Am I Getting A ‘Duplicate Account’ Message?
The duplicate account message will pop up when an online sportsbook system detects that an individual has already set up an account regardless of whether it was done via a betting app or the desktop.
If you try to set up your account with a different email but use the same social security number and verification documents, the operator will flag the account. Only one account is allowed per individual.