How To Signup For BetRivers Sportsbook
The BetRivers offer is a straightforward deposit match.
BetRivers will match 100% of your initial deposit up to $250. Deposit $250 when you open your new account and BR will deposit an additional $250. You will have $500 to bet on sports.
This page contains references to products from one of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Affiliate Policy, visit this page.
After signing up for a new account at BetRivers Sportsbook, players must complete a Know Your Customer (KYC) process to withdraw funds after a big win.
The process is simple, but new players in the online sports betting world may not understand the steps to complete KYC or why it must be completed in the first place.
Below is a simple guide you can use to learn more about KYC, including how to sign up and complete the process, plus why it is a requirement among US-based online sports betting providers.
Check out the details below to speed up the KYC procedure with the BetRivers brand.
How To Sign Up At BetRivers Sportsbook
- Visit the BetRivers sportsbook.
- Click on the Join Now button from the BetRivers home page.
- Select your gambling state, choose a screen name, add your email, and create a password. Click continue.
- Enter your name, zip code, street address, date of birth, and gender.
- Answer security questions and enter your mobile phone number and the last four digits of your social security number.
- Agree to terms of service
- Add the extra layer of account authentication if you like.
- You are now signed into BetRivers.
The KYC process will begin once you are ready to withdraw funds. The site will request identity verification when you ask to withdraw winnings.
Follow the instructions provided and upload documents to complete KYC. Once you are verified, the withdrawal will be approved.
What Counts As A KYC Document?
BetRivers will request certain documents during the KYC process. You must add the correct documents to ensure your identity is verified.
Once you sign up for a new player account, go ahead and locate these documents so you can upload them when needed.
Below are examples of a document that will work for KYC.
- Driver’s License (Must be valid and not expired)
- State ID Card (Must be valid and not expired)
- Voter ID Card
- City/State Employee ID Card
- University ID Card
- Birth Certificate
What Is KYC & ID Verification?
The terms KYC and ID verification describe processes that BetRivers sportsbook requires to verify an individual’s identity.
The information is required so that the operator can ensure that the individual holding the account is who they say they are. The process helps to cut down on money laundering activity and identity fraud.
Why Is ID Verification So Important for Online Sportsbooks?
Online sportsbooks require ID verification for several reasons. Firstly, the federal government requires the process in the United States.
For an operator to stay in good standing with federal and state regulations, player IDs must be verified.
Secondly, ID verification protects the consumer. If an ID has been stolen, the KYC process can protect the individual by requiring certain documents to prove the player’s identity.
If an individual stole a credit card and used it for gaming, a withdrawal would not be allowed because they could not pass the KYC procedure due to a lack of documentation.
Money laundering is illegal, but it is common among criminals.
The casino industry has long been a target of criminals for money laundering purposes, so regulators have enacted strict rules and guidelines that operators must follow to stop such activity from taking place.
With KYC procedures, it cuts down the ability for criminals to use online sports betting for nefarious purposes.
It is not uncommon for an individual’s identity to be stolen. Criminals do it all the time and use personal information to take out loans or purchase items online.
With the KYC process, online sportsbooks can catch such behavior in action. Because identity verification is required, it is much more difficult for a criminal to try and use false information to create an online account.
The process works to protect players as well as the sportsbook from fraudsters.
Operators have a duty to ensure KYC is followed as it helps protect from identity theft and can help stop self-excluded gamblers from accessing services online.
When an online sports betting operator is not in compliance with the rules and regulations of the industry, the regulator in charge will issue fines.
In this instance, an operator that does not provide proper KYC procedures could be fined for non-compliance.
- Get ready to present documents before the KYC process is requested. Use our list of suggested documents to find what works for you.
- Locate a bank statement or utility bill that you can use for proof of address if needed. Sometimes BetRivers may require this type of document.
- Request a withdrawal when you are ready to begin the KYC procedure.
- Send in the requested documents by uploading an image scan of items required by BetRivers.
- Wait for the processing time to finish up. This can take a few hours or days.
- Once the verification process is done, your withdrawal request should be approved.
- You only have to complete KYC once per operator to enjoy online sports betting services.
Common Problem When Signing Up At BetRivers App
There are a few problems you may experience when signing up at BetRivers Sportsbook. Check out our examples to see if it helps you should such an issue occur.
- Location Detection: One of the most common issues is location when players try to sign up at BetRivers. Are you in a state that offers licensed services? If so, are you located near the border of the state? If the geolocation services detect that you are not in the licensed area, then you may have trouble signing up for a new account.
- Is the Information You Provided Correct? Look closely at the info you entered into each section of the signup process. Did you type in the details correctly? Sometimes, just a simple typo can lead to an issue. Check to see that your address and social security number are correct, as you may be missing a number or letter or typed something out wrong.
- Duplicate Account Message: If you see a duplicate account message when trying to sign up, your personal details have already been used. Did you sign up for an online casino account or already have a sportsbook account? If so, then you do not need to sign up again. Check if you have a login connected to your email by clicking the forgot password. You can also speak to support for assistance.
Why Am I Being Asked to Verify My Identity?
BetRivers offers online sports betting services in several states.
Regulations in these states require the brand to verify your identity before allowing a withdrawal to take place. The process helps to prevent fraud and comply with US online gaming regulations.
Why Am I Being Asked To Provide My ID?
If the online verification format does not verify your identity, you may be asked to upload an ID.
This ensures that you are the individual that should have access to the online sports betting account. It is a simple process that helps to create a safe gambling environment for everyone at BetRivers.
Why Am I Having Trouble Verifying My Identity?
There are several reasons you may have an issue with verifying your identity at BetRivers.
The best course of action is to speak with support to figure out what the issues are. We suggest using live chat to speak with support quickly and solve the issue.
Why Am I Unable To Verify?
The verification process checks your name, birth date, and social security number. If you fail to pass this process, ensure that you entered the info correctly.
If you made a mistake, this is why the verification process is not working. It could also be that the records within verification agencies are incorrect.
Try using a previous address or a different version of your name is applicable to see if that solves the issue. If not, you may need to send in identification documents for verification.
What Is 2-factor Authentication?
With 2-factor authentication, your online sports betting account has a second layer of security. When you log in to your account, you will be asked to enter a six-digit code.
This code is sent to an authenticator app downloaded to your mobile phone or tablet. This process ensures that only you can log in to your sportsbook account.
Why Am I Being Asked To Provide My SSN & Complete A W9 Form?
To complete withdrawals at BetRivers, a valid mailing address, birth date, and social security number are required.
The information is stored securely and used to send out tax forms to users if over $600 is earned annually. This information is only used to verify your account, process withdrawals, and tax purposes.
Why Am I Having Trouble Authenticating My Account?
BetRivers cannot see why you are having issues with authenticating the account. It is most likely connected to information available on Public Record that the third-party provider is using to authenticate your sports betting account.
If you fail the authentication process, contact support. Steps can be taken to reset the questions so you have no trouble getting into your account.
Why Am I Getting A ‘Duplicate Account’ Message?
BetRivers only allows players to have a single sports betting account. If you have already created an account, either on the mobile app or the desktop, with personal information such as a social security number, you are blocked from creating a second account.
The duplicate account message pops up because the provider recognizes your information. Speak with support if you receive this message to clear up any issues.