How To Bet NFL On BetMGM App
Simply sign up, make a deposit and place your first wager. If the bet loses, BetMGM will give you the amount of your wager back in free bets up to $1,000.
Plus a multisports promo: Bet $10 Win $200
This page contains references to products from one of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Affiliate Policy, visit this page.
Sports betting is growing by the day in the United States.
But when it comes to the top sport to wager on, the NFL is king. Even globally, American football is the second-most popular sport in the sports betting realm.
When it comes to the best sportsbooks to bet the NFL on, look no further than BetMGM. Whether you want to bet on the NFL pregame, live, player props, future, or anything in between, BetMGM Sportsbook has it all.
BetMGM doesn’t stop at your cookie-cutter Moneyline, Over/Under Total, and Point Spread bets either. They feature just about every bet type from same game parlays to teasers.
BetMGM also has one of the best loyalty and rewards programs in the business to pair with their lucrative promos for new and existing users.
If you are looking for a new sportsbook to bet on the NFL with, then the BetMGM sportsbook should be near the top of your list.
In this guide, I will review all of the ins and outs of NFL Betting at BetMGM Sportsbook.
How To Bet On NFL At BetMGM Sportsbook
Betting on the NFL at BetMGM Sportsbook is easy.
Whether you are new to online sports betting or an avid bettor, you will get the hang of it after your first time.
Below, I will list the simple steps to help you along:
Signing Up For A BetMGM Account
The first thing you need to do is create a BetMGM account. There are two ways to do so.
First, you can go to the BetMGM app or website and create an account.
However, while you are creating an account, you will be asked for a promo code. Here, you will use the code BESTODDS.
Using this code will activate and secure your new user sign-up bonus exclusive to BestOdds.com readers.
You can also use a direct signup link you can find right here at BestOdds.com.
Placing An NFL Bet At BetMGM Sportsbook
- Now that you have an account, sign in.
- Next, you will click on the NFL tab on the BetMGM home screen.
- Choose the game or market you want to wager on. If it is the offseason, you can wager on NFL Futures.
- Now that you have chosen what you want to bet on, it will appear in your bet slip.
- Next, you will enter the amount you want to stake.
- Review your bet slip to make sure everything is exactly the way you want it and hit the submit bet button.
BetMGM Betting Rules For NFL
While all sportsbooks are out to accomplish the same goals, they are not all created equally. This is especially true when it comes to the sports betting rules.
How sportsbook grades a bet will make a difference on a win, loss, or a voided wager.
So whether you are a member of one sportsbook or 10, it would be in your best interest to read the rules for each sport that you intend to bet on.
Maybe one sportsbook grades an NFL bet differently than another. And if you like the rules better at the other sportsbook, you may want to place your bet at that one.
To help you along the way, I will discuss the NFL betting rules you will find at BetMGM below.
A moneyline bet requires the bettor to simply pick the winner of the game or an event. The odds are adjusted according to a team or a player’s ability over their foe.
When you place a moneyline wager at BetMGM, the side you bet on must win the game outright for the wager to be graded a winning bet. At BetMGM, overtime is included in the final score.
Points Spread Rules
A point spread bet is a type of bet in which the bettor takes or lays a predetermined amount of points. The point spread functions as the handicap between the two opponents by bookmakers.
To win a point spread wager at BetMGM, the side you bet on must cover the point line for your bet to be graded as a winning wager. At BetMGM, overtime is included in the final score.
When you place a wager on the total points scored in a game, you will be betting on the over or the under.
To win your totals wager at BetMGM, the final score must fall over or under the set total that you wagered on. Overtime will be included in this total at BetMGM.
Player / Team Props Rules
Prop bets are various unique wagers that will be offered at a sportsbook. These props will be focused on the game, a specific team, or a specific player’s statistical performance.
At BetMGM, overtime will be included for prop bets unless stated otherwise. If overtime will not count toward the final grade of a specific prop bet, then BetMGM will state this upon placing the bet.
You will normally find this in small print in the section where you found the prop in. Betting props at BetMGM is a piece of cake.
- All time-based prop bets will be settled per the official scoring time listed on the official league source box scores, which is how BetMGM grades their NFL bets.
- Any turnover props will not include a turnover on downs. These will only include fumbles and interceptions.
- Coach’s challenge props will only include challenges initiated by a head coach throwing the flag. These will not include booth reviews.
- Fourth down conversion props will not include first downs awarded by penalty
- All sack props are graded by the official league source box score. For a player to win a sack prop, he must record at least 1.0 sacks. If he finishes with 0.5 sacks, the bet will not be graded as a winner.
- Upon the start of the game, a player must be listed as active by the official league source for the bet to be in play. If you bet on a player that was deemed inactive, your bet will be voided.
- BetMGM does grant an exception to this rule. For a quarterback prop like passing yards, the quarterback must start the game for the bet to be in play.
- Passing yard props are also settled by gross passing yards.
A parlay bet is a low-risk, high-reward type of wager which is made of up two or more bets in one single bet.
The individual bets that make up a parlay are called legs. To win a parlay bet, all of the legs must be correct.
To make things even more interesting, you can place same-game parlay (SGP) bets at BetMGM.
A same-game parlay allows the bettor to combine all of their top bets from one game into one single parlay ticket. For the ticket to be graded as a winner, all of the SGP legs must win.
All the rules that are correlated with your regular parlay bet will also apply to an SGP.
The primary difference between the two is that with a same-game parlay, all of the legs are from one single game.
First To Score TD Rules
Whether you want to place a First Touchdown scorer bet or an Anytime touchdown scorer bet, the following rules will apply at BetMGM.
- Overtime will count for touchdown scorer bets.
- If a game is postponed or canceled while in play, bets will stand on touchdowns that have already taken place.
- The player to score the touchdown will be graded the winner. On a passing play, the player that crosses the goal line will win the bet, not the actual passer of the ball.
- If a player you bet on is not listed as active by the official league scoring source, the bet will be voided.
- For the first touchdown scorer bet, the player you bet on must score the game’s first touchdown.
- With an anytime touchdown scorer bet, the player you bet on must score at any point in the game, including overtime.
Quality Of NFL Betting Line & Odds At BetMGM Sportsbook
Betting odds at BetMGwill vary compared to other sportsbooks. Sometimes, BetMGM’s NFL lines are less impressive than you will find at its competitors.
However, since BetMGM offers some of the most lucrative bonuses and promos for existing users on the market, it would be wise to take advantage of what they have to offer despite their initial odds.
At BetMGM, you will find extensive betting markets pertaining to the NFL compared to other sportsbooks, especially with player and game props. This is where BetMGM also has an advantage.
You will find markets here that you may not find anywhere else like the type of player props and the depth of the players you can choose from.
BetMGM also offers layers upon layers of offseason NFL Futures bets. From team win totals through AP Defensive Player of the Year and NFL Draft markets, you will find them at BetMGM.
I have even seen BetMGM offer markets pertaining to Week 1 starting quarterbacks and NFL Free Agency.
BetMGMSportsbook Bonus For NFL Betting
When it comes to NFL Betting promotions, BetMGM will be loaded with them by the time the regular season comes around.
Here are some examples of NFL Betting Bonuses that you can expect to find at BetMGM:
- Player to score a touchdown boost
- First Touchdown Scorer insurance
- Bet $10, win $200 on any touchdown scored on an NFL Sunday (new users)
- NFL Parlay insurance
- NFL One Game Parlay insurance
- NFL Parlay Plus bonus – earn up to 40% more on your parlay by adding legs
- Get your stake back up to $25 with NFL overtime insurance
- $1000 risk-free bet on any NFL game (new users)
Don’t forget to visit our Sportsbook promotion for the most up to day betting bonuses.