Utah Utes vs Penn State Nittany Lions Betting Odds & Game Analysis | January 2
The Penn State Nittany Lions 10-2 visit the Utah Utes 10-3 at Rose Bowl, taking the field at 5:00pm EST on Monday, January 2nd. The Nittany Lions are 2.5-point underdogs in the game.
The Over/Under for the game is set at 53 points.
Welcome to BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Utah Utes Stats and Betting Info
Trends for Utah
- The Utah Utes are currently 10-3 on the season.
- The Utes are averaging 40.0 points per game. Nittany Lions are averaging 35.8 points per game for a predicted total of 75.83, which is 22.83 more than the current Over/Under of 53.
- The Utah Utes are currently averaging 472.69 yards per game, and the Penn State Nittany Lions are giving up 317.83.
- The Utes have turned over the ball 16 times this season, 8 less than the Nittany Lions have forced (24).
Utah Utes Stat Rankings
|Rushing Yards Allowed||1391||40|
|Passing Yards Allowed||2838||174|
|Rushing TDs Allowed||15||13|
|Passing TDs Allowed||18||12|
Key Players for Utah
- Cameron Rising leads Utah with 2939 passing yards (244.92 ypg) on 241-of-364 passing with 25 touchdowns compared to 7 interceptions this season. He also adds 409 rushing yards (34.08 ypg) on 68 carries while scoring 6 touchdowns on the ground.
- Tavion Thomas has carried the ball 142 times for a team-high 687 yards (68.70 per game), with 7 touchdowns this year.
- Devaughn Vele’s 595 receiving yards (45.77 yards per game) lead the team. He has 50 receptions with 5 touchdowns.
Penn State Nittany Lions Stats and Betting Info
Trends for Penn State
- The Penn State Nittany Lions are currently 10-2 on the season.
- The Nittany Lions are averaging 35.8 points per game. Combining with Utes’ 40.0 points per game gives a total of 75.83, which is 22.83 more than the current Over/Under of 53.
- The Penn State Nittany Lions are currently averaging 432.42 yards per game, and the Utah Utes are giving up 325.31.
- The Nittany Lions have turned over the ball 14 times this season, 10 less than the Utes have forced (24).
Penn State Nittany Lions Stat Rankings
|Rushing Yards Allowed||1261||27|
|Passing Yards Allowed||2553||108|
|Rushing TDs Allowed||13||11|
|Passing TDs Allowed||10||4|
Key Players for Penn State
- Sean Clifford leads Penn State with 2543 passing yards (211.92 ypg) on 210-of-330 passing with 22 touchdowns compared to 7 interceptions this season. He also adds 177 rushing yards (14.75 ypg) on 61 carries while scoring 5 touchdowns on the ground.
- Nicholas Singleton has carried the ball 149 times for a team-high 941 yards (78.42 per game), with 10 touchdowns this year.
- Parker Washington’s 611 receiving yards (61.10 yards per game) lead the team. He has 46 receptions with 2 touchdowns.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for football bettors new and old alike.
We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best legal sportsbooks to bet on college football.
Support us by signing up to one of the regulated sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!
Sign up for BestOdds’ Newsletter
About the author
He is a sports nut that has spent his whole life watching every sport on offer in the United Kingdom. In 2015, he started watching Football and Bas...[Read full bio]