Buffalo Bills vs. Houston Texans: Best Odds and Preview for Week 4
The Buffalo Bills (2-1) are considered favorites (-16.5) according to the bookmakers ahead of their game versus the Houston Texans (1-2) on October 3, 2021, starting at 1:00 PM ET. An over/under of 48 points has been set for the matchup.
Best odds for Bills vs. Texans
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Buffalo Bills and Houston Texans in which the Texans are currently the pick to cover the spread at sportsbooks based on money wagered, yet the Bills have picked up a majority of the total number of tickets wagered.
Bills Vs. Texans Spread Betting Action
Buffalo stats and betting info
Betting trends for Buffalo
- Buffalo is 2-1-0 against the spread this season.
- One of Buffalo’s three games with a set total has hit the over (33.3%).
|Pass yards||269.3 (808)||12|
|Rush yards||127.3 (382)||7|
|Points scored||31.3 (94)||4|
|Pass yards against||194.0 (582)||5|
|Rush yards against||74.7 (224)||7|
|Points allowed||14.7 (44)||5|
Key players for Buffalo
- Josh Allen leads Buffalo with 807 yards (269.0 ypg) on 79-of-127 passing with seven touchdowns and one interception this season. He also has 88 rushing yards on 18 carries while scoring one touchdown on the ground.
- Devin Singletary has carried the ball 35 times for a team-high 180 yards on the ground and has found the end zone one time.
- Cole Beasley’s leads his squad with 194 yards as a receiver. He’s racked up that yardage on 23 receptions (out of 30 targets).
- Emmanuel Sanders has put together a 194-yard season so far with two touchdowns, hauling in 11 passes on 20 targets.
- Stefon Diggs’ 19 catches have turned into 191 yards and one touchdown.
Bills: Mario Addison: Questionable (Knee), Zack Moss: Questionable (Toe), Del’Shawn Phillips: Out (Quadricep)
Houston stats and betting info
Betting trends for Houston
- Houston has covered the spread twice in three opportunities this year.
- Two of Houston’s three games with a set total have hit the over (66.7%).
|Pass yards||228.7 (686)||24|
|Rush yards||94.7 (284)||22|
|Points scored||22.3 (67)||18|
|Pass yards against||283.0 (849)||23|
|Rush yards against||116.3 (349)||18|
|Points allowed||25.3 (76)||18|
Key players for Houston
- Mark Ingram II has rushed for 147 yards on 46 carries so far this year while scoring one time on the ground.
- David Johnson has racked up 46 yards on 11 carries.
- Brandin Cooks has racked up 322 receiving yards on 23 receptions to pace his squad so far this season while scoring one touchdown as a receiver.
- Pharaoh Brown has collected 67 receiving yards (22.3 yards per game) on four receptions.
- Jordan Akins’ five catches (on nine targets) have netted him 49 yards (16.3 ypg).
Texans: Peter Kalambayi: Questionable (Hamstring), Cullen Gillaspia: Questionable (Hamstring)
Pick for Bills vs. Texans
Bet split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth statistical analysis points to the Texans being favored to cover the spread against the Bills.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!