Atlanta Braves vs. Colorado Rockies: Best Odds and Preview for September 4, 2021
The Colorado Rockies (62-73) will look to Charlie Blackmon, who is currently on a two-game home run streak, when they play the Atlanta Braves (71-63). The Braves are favored (-115) in this matchup against the Rockies (-102), which begins at 8:10 PM ET on Saturday at Coors Field.
Ian Anderson gets the starting nod for Atlanta, and German Marquez is Colorado’s pick to start.
Best Odds for Atlanta Braves vs Colorado Rockies
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Atlanta Braves and Colorado Rockies in which the Braves are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Braves vs Rockies Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||59%||41%|
|% of Stake||91%||9%|
- The Braves have come away with 50 wins in the 89 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- Atlanta and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 61 of their 133 opportunities.
- The Braves have scored 645 runs this season, which ranks eighth in MLB.
- In seven games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Atlanta has a record of 3-4.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Braves and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under just once.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Anderson gets the start for the Braves, his 20th of the season. He is 6-5 with a 3.36 ERA and 98 strikeouts over 101 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last pitched on Sunday against the Giants, when he went 5 2/3 scoreless innings while giving up four hits.
- Anderson’s team has a 10-9 record in his starts this season.
- Anderson has started 19 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in eight of them.
- The Rockies have won 36 of the 97 games they were the underdog on the moneyline this season (37.1%).
- Colorado has played in 135 games with a set over/under, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 56 times (56-76-3).
- The Rockies are the 13th-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.6 runs per game (613 total).
- Colorado has a 3-2 record from the five games it was the underdog on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups — all of which had a set run total — the Rockies and their opponents combined to go over the total two times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Marquez makes the start for the Rockies, his 28th of the season. He is 11-10 with a 4.04 ERA and 156 strikeouts in 156 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Tuesday, the righty went six innings against the Rangers, allowing four earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- Marquez’s team has won 16 of his 27 starts.
- Marquez has started 27 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 10 of them.
Pick for Braves vs. Rockies
Bet split data from regulated betting sites paired with an in-depth statistical analysis favors the Braves to win over the Rockies.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!
About the author
He is a sports nut that has spent his whole life watching every sport on offer in the United Kingdom. In 2015, he started watching Football and Bas...[Read full bio]