Oregon Sports Betting
DraftKings’ offer is a straightforward deposit match.
DK will match 20% of your initial deposit up to $1,000. Deposit $5,000 when you open your new account and DraftKings will deposit an additional $1,000. You will have $6,000 to bet on sports.
This page contains references to products from one of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Affiliate Policy, visit this page.
Oregon is just one of those states with online sports betting in every inch of the fabric of its society.
Starting in 1989, online sports bettors have enjoyed placing bets on sports in Oregon, despite the confusion caused by PASPA. The earlier betting options were limited and eventually halted after pressure from the NCAA.
Having seen the ills that a sports betting monopoly can have on the gambling industry, Oregon sports bettors and regulators are now ready for a change.
But what are we getting, and is it better than what we had before? We have the answers here for you.
Our credentials as gambling experts are beyond refuting. At bestodds.com, we produce a detailed analysis of various aspects of the gambling industry.
We have seen many such industries evolve over the years and know what to expect. Do you want expert analysis free from guile or any other manipulative tactics on the Oregon sports betting landscape?
If your answer is yes, then you need not look past this review.
Pros & Cons Of Betting On Sports In Oregon
- Enjoys support from reputable sportsbooks
- Supported by reputable payment service providers
- The vast range of lucrative welcome and existing player bonuses
- Regulated by the Oregon lottery
- Does not allow betting on college sports through online apps
- New and still untested
- Regulators here can be slow when it comes to addressing critical issues
Would We Bet On Sports At Oregon Sportsbooks?
Yes. Online sports betting is alive and well in Oregon. Previously suffering under the grip of a monopolized environment, players are now free to bet at any of the sites in this state.
Oregon sportsbooks are regulated by the Oregon lottery and held to a high standard. That gives us confidence that these entities are not fly-by-night outfits out to swindle you of your money.
Betting in Oregon is on par with what you get elsewhere. Here you have access to quality betting odds, a wide variety of markets, and reliable payment options. There isn’t much not to like here.
The only issue we may have with Oregon is that it is still untested. We would prefer getting a feel of what this jurisdiction is all about from players who have spent 10 or 15 years in these sportsbooks. So, is Oregon a good place to bet? Yes.
But if you do, double-check everything until you are sure that the Oregon lottery is doing its job.
How To Sign Up At Betting Site
Like in any other jurisdiction, your gambling journey in Oregon starts with creating an account. If you have had a terrible experience with this elsewhere, then you need to register in Oregon.
This process is simple and won’t take you more than a few minutes. Follow the steps we’ve outlined below.
- On bestodds.com, find and click on the sportsbook link you wish to join. If you can’t make up your mind on which is best, take some time to read through our expert reviews.
- When you reach the sportsbook homepage, kick off the registration process by selecting Oregon as the state you are registering in.
- Fill the information fields with your details. This may include but is not limited to your name, date of birth, email, phone number, physical address, and the last four digits of your SSN. Don’t worry about giving out this information, the sportsbook uses it to verify your identity.
- As part of the registration exercise, you may also need to select and answer two security questions. Don’t skip this step, as it’ll help you retrieve your password if you ever forget it.
- Click submit. If everything checks out fine, verification will take less than 24 hours at the most. If not, then the sportsbook will ask for further information.
GeoComply is a reality of sports betting in the US that you need to get familiar and also comfortable with. This is software that can detect your current position. It works by accessing the location of your wifi pings and a range of other techniques.
The next question you probably have is, “why use it?” Don’t worry, we’ve got you. Online sports betting has made great strides in covering the US map. But if you study it, you’ll realize that the bulk of the states in the US have yet to legalize it.
Now, allowing players in other jurisdictions to bet remotely on other sites would mean you lose all those fantastic tax dollars. So independent states agreed to use GeoComply.
Getting GeoComply on your device is the only way you can take part in online sports betting in Oregon. This is a simple exercise that anyone can do, whether you are on Mac, PC, Android, or iOS. Mobile bettors need only switch-on location services on their devices. Even if you are not a techy bettor, we guarantee you won’t have issues with this.
Desktop players are also equally able, as getting GeoComply is a simple matter of downloading a plugin and installing it in your browser.
Sports Betting Apps
There is a lot that’s been said on sports betting apps. Some have dubbed them the greatest innovation in sports betting, others, the final nail in the desktop play coffin. Whatever you want to name them, their influence is plain for everyone to see.
We particularly enjoy mobile betting apps because of the convenience they bring. Here we don’t mean that you can play from anywhere within state lines, but you also have a plethora of safe payment choices to fund your account remotely.
Pros & Cons Of Sports Betting Apps
- Mobile apps allow you to bet from wherever you are
- Players using mobile apps have a vast range of payment options to pick from
- Some online sportsbooks have mobile-specific bonuses
- When you bet on mobile apps, you get extra security features like strong authentication
- Mobile apps have extra features like live streaming and player stats that make it a joy to bet
- Mobile apps are only good in places where there is an active internet connection
- The availability makes it difficult for players suffering from gambling addiction to quit
- Mobile gaming lacks the social experience you get when betting in retail sportsbooks
- The smaller screen can be an issue for some players
- Native apps can glitch when you are trying to place a bet and cost you a lucrative opportunity
Let’s look at the app choices you have here.
FanDuel Sportsbook App
Bettors at FanDuel have numerous reasons to rejoice. This app is well known for providing competitive odds across the board. Apart from Oregon, FanDuel is also available in 10 other states, including Tennessee, New Jersey, West Virginia, and Colorado.
Players in these jurisdictions can select their choice from the wide range of betting options featured here. Totals, props, parlays, round robins, you name it. It’s all available in the FanDuel sportsbook.
DraftKings Sportsbook App
Very few players, if any, would say they do not know about the DraftKings sportsbook. Spotting its iconic dark theme, DraftKings is one of the best sportsbooks online—period! DraftKings sportsbook is now a household name in almost a dozen jurisdictions.
Players here enjoy the app’s generous bonuses and friendly payment setups. In DraftKings, you can withdraw from as little as $1, which makes it a good pick even for new players.
Other fantastic rewards for new players are the app’s team and player statistics, and the education package.
BetMGM Sportsbook App
This is a trusted sportsbook with a strong following wherever it’s available. The operators at BetMGM run a tight ship, you have quality payment options and all the betting markets you could ever wish for.
On top of that, the odds on the BetMGM sportsbook are not that shabby either. If you are into NCAAB and soccer, BetMGM carries some of the best moneyline bets in this industry. Though you won’t find darts and horse racing, there are plenty of other options to keep you busy.
How To Fund Your Betting Account
Oregon sports bettors have a slew of betting options they can use to fund sportsbook accounts. The intricacies of each process might vary here and there but overall, the exercise is painless.
We have outlined the steps below:
- On the sportsbook homepage, locate the ‘Deposit’ or ‘Add funds’ button.
- Select the payment option you wish to use.
- Enter the amount you want to add. Make sure this amount is above the minimum if you plan on claiming a deposit match welcome offer.
- If you are using e-wallets like PayPal, you need to enter your password at the end to confirm the deposit.
- Once you are done, the sportsbook will send a notification to your linked email address for your records.
Online Sportsbook Payment Process
The payment options available in Oregon sportsbook sites mirror the different tastes of the players that bet here. So, it comes as no surprise then that there are numerous ways for you to transact.
Whether you are depositing or just want to collect on your winnings, you are guaranteed to find a perfect match. Oregon sportsbooks accept the following payment options:
- American Express
- Online banking
- Cash at the cage
- Paper checks
How Do Sports Betting Sign Up Offers Work?
Online sportsbook operators are in a war for new players. The more players that sign up and bet, the more their business thrives. But the truth is there are many options available to players nowadays.
So, how do sportsbooks stand out? They offer welcome bonuses.
This is a lure that entices you to sign up. Hopefully, the games will be enough to keep you engaged, but if they are not, online sportsbook operators have another ace up their sleeves—regular player bonuses.
First Deposit Offer
The first deposit offer is a common bonus type in online gambling sites. You usually see this bonus in online casinos but it’s not uncommon to find it in sportsbooks as well.
You receive this bonus when you sign up and deposit an initial amount valid when claiming this offer. The sportsbook matches your deposit up to a specified amount. In most cases, this offer comes with wagering obligations.
You must meet these obligations before you withdraw any of your winnings. Most players like this bonus because it is straightforward and available on many sites.
No Deposit Offer
No deposit—yes you got that right. The no deposit offer is one of the most liked offers in the sportsbook. It gives you bonus credit for signing up.
Yes, just registering with sportsbooks will earn you a reward. But before you get too excited, realize that this bonus is hard to come by.
Even when you find one, it is usually just a small amount, nothing like the $1,000 deposit match offers we see online.
Another bonus that is enjoying widespread popularity is the risk-free bet. This bonus works a little differently from what you might be accustomed to.
Instead of starting with the bonus when betting, here you use your real funds first. You bet on a game in the sportsbook and wait for the outcome.
If the bet wins, you do not get the bonus. But if you lose, you receive free bets matching your net loss up to a predetermined amount.
Where Can I Place A Bet In Oregon State
Players in Oregon can also use the Scoreboard app to bet online. If it’s retail sports betting you are looking for, Oregon has one land-based location.
This is the Chinook Winds Casino in Lincoln City. Other casino establishments, however, are set to join the party.
Oregon State Sports Betting Laws And Tax Rates
The gambling industry in Oregon falls under the jurisdiction of the Oregon Lottery. Through its Scoreboard app, the Oregon lottery maintained a firm grip on the monopoly of online sports betting action in the entire state.
As part of the rules, only players 21 years or older were allowed to gamble in this state. Betting laws also state that wagering on college sports on mobile apps is expressly prohibited, but you can do so at the Chinook Winds casino.
The Oregon online sports betting circuit is set for a big boom. As part of this expansion, regulations regarding taxes and annual contributions are part of the discussions.