How To Signup For DraftKings Sportsbook
DraftKings’ offer is a straightforward deposit match.
DK will match 20% of your initial deposit up to $1,000. Deposit $5,000 when you open your new account and DraftKings will deposit an additional $1,000. You will have $6,000 to bet on sports.
This page contains references to products from one of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Affiliate Policy, visit this page.
DraftKings is one of the top-rated online sports betting providers that offer services in various states across the US.
As a new player, you have access to quality promotions and betting odds on several sports markets. When you create a new account, you must verify your identity, including following Know Your Customer procedures.
If you are new to online sports betting, you may be unsure of the process, including what documents you need to complete your account setup.
Check out our easy-to-follow guide below to get started, including signing up and completing the KYC procedures at DraftKings.
How To Sign Up At DraftKings Sportsbook
- Access DraftKings via mobile or desktop device.
- Click Join Now and begin the registration process.
- Enter your username, email, and password. You will also need to add your first and last name.
- Your date of birth, last four digits of your social security number, and home address are also required.
- If any additional documents or details are needed to verify your identity, DraftKings will request them.
- Once you have been verified, you are free to log in and deposit funds.
- The KYC process will not be triggered until you request a payout after a big win.
- At that point, you will need to update documents showing your ID and proof of address.
What Counts As A KYC Document?
For the most part, an online sportsbook like DraftKings will use the same KYC documents as other providers.
In most cases, this is a driver’s license or state ID. Below is a list of options you should be able to use to verify your identity.
- Driver’s License (cannot be expired)
- State ID (cannot be expired)
- University ID
- Voter ID card
- Birth Certificate
What Is KYC & ID Verification?
The process of KYC and identity verification are steps every new player must complete at DraftKings.
Regulations state that each operator must ensure the identity of any individual signing up for an account. The practice helps to avoid identity fraud among players and other criminal activity.
Why Is ID Verification So Important For Online Sportsbooks?
Federal and state laws require DraftKings and other online sports betting operators to verify player identity.
The process protects consumers from identity theft and the operator from issues such as money laundering. Without it, both the consumer and sportsbook could be at risk.
The KYC and ID verification process help to cut down on the potential for money laundering activity via online sportsbooks.
Operators are often targets due to the amount of money moving through the gaming sites. Sportsbooks must follow specific guidelines and regulations to avoid potential money laundering activity.
This includes identity verification to weed out any false accounts or criminal behavior.
Unfortunately for consumers, identity theft is an ongoing issue. From stolen credit cards to personal information obtained online, criminals often scam individuals out of thousands of dollars.
Operators like DraftKings use ID verification processes via KYC to cut down on identity theft. An individual must have the last four digits of a social security number, a copy of a driver’s license or state ID, as well as proof of address to have a valid account.
It is difficult for a criminal using someone else’s information to have each document needed to move forward with an account. This is how online sportsbooks provide quality fraud prevention services.
Operators must follow all regulations to offer sports betting services in a regulated market, including KYC processes.
Regulators will not tolerate any operator failing to protect its players. Any operator that does not adequately verify a player’s identity is subject to non-compliance fines.
These fines can range in size based on the action of the operator.
- Upon signing up for a new player account, get ready for the KYC procedure by gathering the appropriate documents.
- You will need a form of identification such as a driver’s license or state ID. You will also need proof of address. Use a bank statement or utility bill.
- Place these items in an area where you can access them when needed.
- After you request a withdrawal from the site, the KYC procedure will begin.
- DraftKings will request the documentation and provide steps to complete the process.
- Processing time will vary based on the identity check.
- Once completed, you are free to withdraw funds and should not have to provide any additional identification documents.
Common Problem When Signing Up At DraftKings App
When you try to sign in to DraftKings, you may experience issues from time to time. Below are a few common problems you can encounter when logging in.
- Authentication Issues: Problems can arise if you use two-factor authentication or have questions to answer when logging in. Be sure to enter the authentication check info correctly to avoid any issues. If you enter the wrong information, then you will not be able to access your account.
- Location Problems: Because DraftKings is offered in individual states, you must be located within an approved state to access services. You cannot log in if you are located outside of an available market. Sometimes being near the border of a state is also a problem. Any border issues should be discussed with support to determine how to target your location to access your account specifically.
- Duplicate Account: Another issue you may come across is a duplicate account message. If you see this message, it means that your personal information has been used to create an account. Perhaps you signed up already? If not, then someone has used your social security number and other details to create an account. Check with support to see if you have an existing account and learn more about how you can rectify the issue.
Why Am I Being Asked To Verify My Identity?
DraftKings requires identity verification to comply with state and federal regulations regarding online gambling.
Identity and age must be verified to ensure the player is legally allowed to participate in sports betting.
Why Am I Being Asked To Provide My ID?
Identity theft is a real threat when it comes to online transactions, so DraftKings ensures your identity through the validation process to ensure that it’s you setting up the account.
Again, this process is conducted to ensure you are of legal age to gamble and that you are who you say you are.
The process helps avoid any false information being used to wager at the site or via the DraftKings app.
Why Am I Having Trouble Verifying My Identity?
DraftKings works with a third-party identity verification company to ensure that players’ information is correct.
There are several reasons why your identity might not be verified. The vendor may not have correctly connected information to your name, such as an old address. Try using a former address to see if that works.
There can also be an issue if you have a longer name and have shortened it in the past. Robert might not work, but Rob will. Try these types of changes if they apply before contacting support.
Why Am IUnable To Verify?
If the verification process is not working, DraftKings may request you scan a driver’s license or state ID card to speed up the process.
If you are still unable to verify your account, contact support. This will help figure out the issue and get the ball rolling to fix your account.
What Is 2-factor Authentication?
Also known as multi-factor authentication, two-factor authentication is a process that provides an extra layer of protection to your account.
It ensures that only you can log in and place wagers within your DraftKings account. When this authentication process is enabled, you will be asked to enter a six-digit code each time you log in.
The code is generated and sent via text message. It is recommended that players use this option for additional protection.
Why Am I Being Asked To Provide My SSN & Complete A W9 Form?
DraftKings utilizes the social security number request to verify the identity of players based on state regulations.
The W-9 form is required after a big win so that the online sports betting site can prepare to report tax forms.
Why Am I Having Trouble Authenticating My Account?
There are several reasons you may be experiencing an issue authenticating your account. If you use two-factor authentication, the code you entered may be old or incorrect.
Request a new code and try again. If you are simply trying to answer authentication questions, your answers may be wrong or do not coincide with information held by third-party vendors.
Speak to support and see if you can change these questions to log in to your account.
Why Am I Getting A ‘Duplicate Account’ Message?
This message will pop up at DraftKings if you have or are attempting to register for more than one account.