How To Bet On NFL At DraftKings App
Whether you have ever placed a bet before or if you are a brand new bettor, placing a wager on the NFL at DraftKings Sportsbook is easy
I will explain the betting process to you in a few simple steps and once you do it once, you’ll never forget how. It is like riding a bike.
Signing Up For A DraftKings Sportsbook Account
Before you can even attempt to place a bet, you must register for a new DraftKings Sportsbook account. There are two ways to go about this.
First, you can visit DraftKings Sportsbook on their app or via their website. Once you are there, you will begin the registration process.
You don’t need a bonus code to unlock and activate your new user sign-up bonus exclusive to patrons of BestOdds.com.
The other way to secure your bonus is by clicking the Get Bonus link right here at BestOdds.com.
Upon clicking the link, you will be redirected to DraftKings Sportsbook and your bonus will automatically be activated.
Placing NFL Bet At DraftKings App
- Sign in to your new DraftKings Sportsbook account.
- Find the NFL tab and click on it
- Find the games market you want to bet on.
- Click on the market you want to bet on and it will appear on your bet slip
- Enter the exact amount you want to stake
- Finally, review your bet slip to ensure everything is exactly how you want it.
- Hit the submit bet button. Now, you have just placed your first NFL bet at DK
DraftKings Sportsbook Betting Rules For NFL
In theory, all sportsbooks are out to accomplish the same goals. They want our money while we want to take theirs.
However, not all mobile sportsbooks are created equal. Big or small, all sportsbooks are different in various ways.
You will be hard-pressed to find multiple books featuring the same odds, lines, juice, and bonuses.
After all, if there were no differences, there would be no need for the dozens upon dozens of sportsbooks we find every day.
One of the most significant discrepancies between sportsbooks is their betting rules. From sport to sport and bet type to bet type, the way they grade their wagers will conflict.
To help guide you along the way, I will explain the NFL Betting rules you will run into at DraftKings.
A moneyline bet requires a bettor to pick the outright winner of a game or an event.
At DraftKings, overtime is included with moneyline bets.
Specifically, 3-way moneylines in the regular season since a game can end in a tie.
In the postseason, overtime is not included since an NFL Playoff game can not end in a tie.
Visit our guide to learn more about the betting NFL moneyline at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Points Spread Rules
A point spread bet is a bet type that requires the bettor to take points or lay points according to the predetermined point spread number.
The spread will function as a handicap between two opponents set by the bookmakers.
To win a point spread bet at DraftKings, the side you choose must cover the spread.
If you take the favorite, that team must win by more than the predetermined number.
But if you take the underdog, they must win outright or lose by fewer points than the number.
At DraftKings, overtime is included with NFL point spread bets.
When you wager on an over/under total bet, you are betting on the final score between two teams combined.
If you bet the over, the combined total must be higher than the predetermined number.
When you bet the under, the total combined points must be less than the number shown.
This is another instance where overtime will be included in the final score.
Player / Team Props Rules
Prop bets are some of the most popular betting types in the industry. In some regions, prop bets are also called proposition bets.
At DraftKings, you will find prop bets coming in the form of game props, team props, player props, and exotic props.
Game props focus on a specific outcome of a game or an event that is not player performance-based.
They are also not tied to the final score of the game.
Here are some examples of game props:
- Will the game go into overtime?
- What will be the result of the next coach’s challenge?
- How many sacks will the Giants give up?
Player props will focus on an individual player’s statistical performance of a player during a game or an event.
Here are some examples of player props:
- Over/ under 0.5 interceptions thrown by Aaron Rodgers
- Over/ under 1.5 touchdowns scored by Ezekiel Elliott
- Over/ under 0.5 sacks recorded by Aaron Donald
Here are some of the rules you must know that pertain to props at DraftKings Sportsbook:
- For an NFL bet to have action, a game must start within a week of the initially scheduled time of kickoff.
- There must be fewer than 5 minutes of time left in a game for bets to have action, If the game is postponed or canceled and it is not made up within a week, those bets will be voided. Any bet that has already settled will still stand.
- If playoff games are postponed or halted, the bets will stand until their completion.
- If a game venue has changed but the home team remains the home team, bets will stand. If homeland-away teams are switched, those bets will void.
- In 2-way markets, push rules will stand unless otherwise disclosed.
- If a game is postponed or stopped and the game is replayed in its entirety, those bets will void
A parlay is a bet type that will combine multiple single bets into one single betting ticket.
Each individual bet inside of a parlay is called a leg.
To cash a parlay ticket, all legs must win. If one of your legs is graded as a loss, the entire ticket is shot.
At DraftKings Sportsbook, you will find same-game parlays (SGP). With same-game parlays, aloof the legs in your parlay bet are built from one single game.
However, the same initial parlay rules will apply to SGPs. All legs must hit for your ticket to be graded as a winner.
First To Score TD Rules
Whether you bet on a first touchdown scorer or an anytime touchdown scorer, the rules are considered uniform.
- A player must play one scrimmage snap for a bet to have action
- If a player is listed as inactive or does not play a single snap, that player’s bet will void
- For a touchdown score bet to cash, the player in possession of the ball must cross the goal line. The player who passes a ball for a touchdown will not cash a winning ticket
- To cash a first touchdown scorer ticket, the player you bet on must score the first touchdown of the game
- For an anytime touchdown scorer ticket to cash, the player you bet on must score at any point of the game
Quality Of NFL Betting Line / Odds DraftKings Sportsbook
As I said earlier, all sportsbooks are different. This is especially true when it comes to the quality of their betting odds and lines.
While some NFL markets at DraftKings are better than average, you will also find that some are below average at competitive books.
A large operator like DraftKings will deploy lucrative promos and bonuses to circumvent the discrepancies, especially for NFL markets. If you use these wisely, you can really get ahead of the game.
For example, if Caesars Sportsbook has slightly better odds for an NFL player prop, but DraftKings is offering you an odds boost that will ultimately make their bet the better play, then it would be wise for you to make this particular wager at DraftKings with their boost.
DraftKings Sportsbook Bonus For NFL Betting
DraftKings Sportsbook is one of the biggest fish in a large pond.
To get an edge over competitive books and lure new and existing customers to wager at their sportsbook, DraftKings will offer lucrative bonuses and promos.
Here are just some examples of the outstanding promos you will find at DraftKings ahead and throughout the upcoming NFL campaign:
- Same-game parlay boosts and insurance
- First touchdown scorer insurance
- NFL parlay boost
- Anytime touchdown scorer parlay boost
- Bonus bets for new users that can exceed $1000
- Anytime touchdown score odds boost
- NFL parlay insurance
- NFL SGP insurance
- NFL Bet and Get – bet $100 on the moneyline of Thursday Night Football and get a $25 free bet for any Sunday game for the upcoming slate
Don’t forget to visit our Sportsbook promotion for the most up to day betting bonuses.