Ontario Sportsbooks Promos
This page contains references to products from one of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Affiliate Policy, visit this page.
Lawmakers in Canada passed sports betting legislation in 2021, removing a federal prohibition on single-game betting in the country.
The Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation launched services just a few months later in August, with the option for sports betting via the lottery and commercial operators.
The industry is expected to generate millions in wagers on popular sports like hockey and football each year.
Ontario promises to offer premium sports betting bonuses for new bettors in the industry. The lottery features services via Proline+, with welcome deals for new members on offer.
Commercial operations are expected to launch in 2022, and players will have access to even more welcome deals and continual promotions.
Check out what the industry has to offer below, including details on which operators will offer services along with what types of bonuses you can expect!
Are Ontario Betting Offers Worth It?
When top-notch providers are in the mix, promotions, bonus bets, are always worth it. We expect that the best of the best operators found in the United States will also offer services in Ontario in the future.
Stick with BestOdds to determine which operators receive licensing and what promos are on offer when they launch.
Below are examples of top operators in the US and what they offer. We expect similar promotions in Ontario once services are live.
Ontario Betting Sites With Free Bet Sign Up Offers
- Open to new players of Caesars
- Players must wager -200 minimum odds.
- The bonus will be added within two business days of placing the qualifying wager.
- Open to new members only.
- Deposit $5 or more to qualify.
- Bonus funds are provided in $1 increments with every $25 wagered.
- Open to new players only.
- The first $5 deposit is required.
- $5 minimum deposit.
- Credit for the sportsbook and casino are added within 72 hours of the bet, and the game is played.
- Open to new players of BetRivers
- Players must deposit $10 to activate the offer.
- Bonus funds are added within 48 hours of depositing funds.
- Open to new players only.
- Deposit $10 or more to qualify.
- Bonus funds should be added to the account within 24 hours of the event ending.
- Open to new players only.
- Deposit $10 or more to qualify.
- Karma Kommittee and Good Karma payout feature.
Ontario Sportsbook Promo Code vs. Bonus Code
When reviewing promotions at Ontario sportsbooks, you may see that a promo code or a bonus code is required (aka affiliate code).
While both terms are used, they mean the same thing. A promo or bonus code refers to a code you must use when depositing to claim a deal.
Don’t let the two words confuse you, just know they require a code to get started with a new promotional deal.
Do You Need An Ontario Promo Code?
Not every time. In some instances, a link is used instead of a promo code. You simply click on the link to access the sports betting deal.
Usually, the link is highlighted with words like “Get Bonus” or “Claim Deal.” If a promo code is required, the offer will list a combination of letters and numbers that you use when depositing.
Be sure to enter the code correctly to activate the promotion.
Ontario Sports Betting Promos
In the sports betting world, bettors can rely on one thing from every operator: promotions. While the odds may vary, promotions usually stay the same, with operators offering similar deals to entice players to join their site.
Below are the most common deals you will find within Ontario sportsbooks and what they offer. I have listed my favorite deals and explained why I like to claim these promotions.
This type of bonus is a must. I always claim this deal when it is offered, though it can be hard to find. After signing up, the sportsbook gives you bonus cash to bet with.
The amount is usually small, but it’s a great way to try a new site at no cost to you. There is no risk since you are betting with the operator’s funds.
Betting Deposit Bonus Match
As the standard go-to deal, a deposit match is what you will find most often at Ontario sportsbooks. This deal provides a bonus cash match based on your first deposit.
An example of this deal is a 100% deposit match worth up to $300. You deposit $200 and receive $200 in bonus cash, giving you $400 in funds to bet with!
This is another standard option that sportsbooks offer to players. The deal requires bettors to deposit funds and place a bet up to a certain amount.
Once the wager is placed, the amount is paid back in bonus cash if the bet ends in a loss. An excellent example of this deal is a risk-free bet worth up to $100. Deposit $50 and lose your bet.
The operator will then give you $50 in bonus cash to bet with. While you did lose the bet, you end up with the amount you started with, which is a win-win situation.
Bet & Get
The Bet & Get deal is a good option for new players as it is a smaller investment. Usually, this deal will require a small bet, and you receive bonus funds for wagering.
An example of this deal is a promotion where you bet $50 and earn $15 in bonus cash. It’s an easy offer to claim and gives you bonus cash for depositing and betting with a small investment.
How To Pick the Best Ontario Sportsbook Promos
- No Deposit Bonuses are a Must: If you come across a no deposit bonus, claim it. This deal has zero risk, as you are betting with funds provided by the sportsbook. Try a site out with this deal before wagering your money. Be aware that you will need to deposit funds if you win before cashing out is allowed.
- Consider the Elements of Welcome Match Bonuses: Sign up for accounts with a few Ontario sportsbooks apps and weigh the welcome match elements. Choose the deal that offers the best match with low wagering requirements. One deal might offer you more bonus cash, but if the wagering requirements are high, it will take much longer to clear. Comparing multiple options allows you to take advantage of the best deals!
How To Use Ontario Sportsbook Betting Offers
My advice to sports fans in Ontario is to understand the bonuses and promotions you are claiming. Read every detail.
Many new players fail to read the terms thoroughly, which leads to lost bonus funds. Get to know the terms and conditions, understand the wagering requirement, any bet types you must use, odds requirements, and expiration date.
Once you know everything about the deal, you know exactly what to do and how to clear it, without any issues such as running out of time or failing to meet any set requirements.
Do Ontario Betting Offers Have Restrictions Or Limitations?
They do. In this province, you will encounter certain restrictions and limitations that may affect your betting options.
Check out a few factors you may encounter when utilizing Ontario’s sports betting services.
- Age and Location Restrictions: Sports fans can wager at 19 years of age and older in Ontario. Bettors must also be located in the province to place an online wager.
- Wagering Requirements: Most of the deals you will find in Ontario will include wagering requirements. Read through the promotion terms and conditions to ensure you know what is expected to clear the deal.
- Expiration Date: Every deal expires. You have only a specific time frame in which to clear a bonus. Read the terms and conditions so that you know how long you have to place your bets with bonus cash and complete wagering requirements.
What Are Wagering Requirements?
Most online sports betting deals have wagering requirements that must be met to cash out winnings. The requirement is a multiplier attached to the bonus amount.
Usually, the multiplier is 1x to 40x the amount. So, let’s say you want to claim a sign-up deal that is 100% worth up to $200. The wagering requirement is 10x the bonus.
You deposit $50 and receive $50 in bonus funds. You will need to wager the $50 10x to cash out. This would equal $500 in bets.
Always read the wagering requirements to know what steps are needed to clear the promotion before claiming.
Free Bets vs. No-Deposit Bonuses
Let’s talk about two common promotion types at online sportsbooks: the Free Bets and No Deposit Bonuses.
Each of these options offers excellent incentives for sports betting. Sometimes players get the deals confused because they seem similar, but they have their differences.
The deal is usually connected to a risk-free promotion with a free bet. The player must deposit funds and place a bet up to a certain amount.
Let’s say the sportsbook is offering up to $100 in risk-free bets. You place the wager. If the bet wins, wonderful!
You get the same amount back in bonus funds if the bet loses. The deal is a great way to lower your risk while trying out a new online sportsbook.
With a no deposit deal, you can try a site for free, with absolutely no risk. The site gives you bonus cash to wager with.
You can place a sports bet at no risk to you. Easily place a bet and try a site without having to wager your money. The only downside to this deal is that you will need to deposit to cash out any winnings you earn from the bonus funds.
Look For More Than One Ontario Sportsbook Promo Codes
Because multiple operators offer services in Ontario, it is essential to know your options. Don’t limit yourself to just one account with one operator.
You can have an account with each operator in the province, giving you more betting odds and promotions options.
Take advantage of a welcome deal with a first deposit match at one site while another offers you a risk-free bet. Check out all your options and utilize the deals that work best for your betting needs.
Gambling Problem? Find out how to exclude yourself from betting sports in Ontario.