Wisconsin vs. Northwestern: Best Odds and College Football Preview for 11/13/2021
The No. 20 Wisconsin Badgers (6-3, 0-0 Big Ten) are major, 24-point favorites at home versus the Northwestern Wildcats (3-6, 0-0 Big Ten) on Saturday, November 13, 2021. Both squads have stout defenses, with the Badgers fifth and the Wildcats 18th in the country defending against the pass. An over/under of 41 points has been established for the matchup.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Wisconsin stats and betting info
Betting trends for Wisconsin
- Wisconsin has gone 5-4-0 ATS this season.
- The Badgers are a perfect 1-0 against the spread when favored by 24 points or more this season.
- Out of Wisconsin’s nine games with a set total, four have hit the over (44.4%).
- This season, Wisconsin games have gone over this matchup’s 41-point over/under five times.
- On average, the Badgers have seen a 42.7 over/under in their games this season, 1.7 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- The Badgers collect 377.7 yards per game, 36.2 fewer yards than the 413.9 the Wildcats allow per contest.
- When Wisconsin totals over 413.9 yards, the team is 3-0.
- The Badgers have turned the ball over 18 times this season, six more turnovers than the Wildcats have forced (12).
|Pass yards||155.6 (1400)||121|
|Rush yards||222.1 (1999)||13|
|Points scored||25.2 (227)||87|
|Pass yards against||159.1 (1432)||5|
|Rush yards against||54.7 (492)||1|
|Points allowed||15.4 (139)||4|
Key players for Wisconsin
- Graham Mertz has 1,289 passing yards (143.2 ypg) to lead Wisconsin, completing 56.3% of his passes and recording six touchdown passes and eight interceptions this season.
- Chez Mellusi’s team-high 815 rushing yards (90.6 per game) have come on 173 carries, with five touchdowns this year.
- Danny Davis III’s team-leading 372 receiving yards (41.3 yards per game) have come on 24 receptions with one touchdown.
Northwestern stats and betting info
Betting trends for Northwestern
- Northwestern has a 3-6-0 record against the spread this season.
- The teams have hit the over in four of Northwestern’s nine games with a set total .
- This season, five of Northwestern’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 41 points.
- The over/under for this matchup is 5.7 points fewer than the average over/under in Wildcats’ games this season (46.7 points).
- The Wildcats collect 341.7 yards per game, 127.9 more yards than the 213.8 the Badgers allow.
- In games that Northwestern amasses more than 213.8 yards, the team is 3-6.
- The Wildcats have 15 giveaways this season, while the Badgers have 15 takeaways .
|Pass yards||191.2 (1721)||102|
|Rush yards||150.4 (1354)||78|
|Points scored||18.2 (164)||121|
|Pass yards against||189.3 (1704)||18|
|Rush yards against||224.6 (2021)||125|
|Points allowed||26.0 (234)||68|
Key players for Northwestern
- Ryan Hilinski leads Northwestern with 764 passing yards (84.9 ypg) on 72-of-134 passing with three touchdowns compared to one interception this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Evan Hull, has carried the ball 127 times for 791 yards (87.9 per game), with five touchdowns this year. He’s proven to be a dual threat, hauling in 205 receiving yards (22.8 per game) on 22 catches with two receiving touchdowns.
- Stephon Robinson Jr.’s 489 receiving yards (54.3 yards per game) lead the team. He has 35 receptions with two touchdowns.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more college football insights and betting odds check all of our college football content here.