Western Michigan vs. Akron: Best Odds and College Football Preview for 11/9/2021
The Western Michigan Broncos (5-4, 0-0 MAC) and Akron Zips (2-7, 0-0 MAC) will face off in a battle of two conference rivals. The Broncos are heavy favorites, expected to win by at least two touchdowns (currently -26.5). The game has an over/under of 61 points.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Western Michigan stats and betting info
Betting trends for Western Michigan
- Western Michigan has a 4-4-1 record against the spread this season.
- Four of Western Michigan’s nine games with a set total have hit the over (44.4%).
- Western Michigan and its opponents have combined to go over Tuesday’s total of 61 points five times this season.
- The Broncos have seen a 60.9 average over/under in their games this season, 0.1 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- The Broncos average 434.7 yards per game, only 10.6 fewer than the 445.3 the Zips give up per contest.
- When Western Michigan amasses over 445.3 yards, the team is 3-0.
- The Broncos have turned the ball over 11 times this season, one more turnover than the Zips have forced (10).
|Pass yards||252.6 (2273)||48|
|Rush yards||182.1 (1639)||48|
|Points scored||29.1 (262)||60|
|Pass yards against||199.7 (1797)||31|
|Rush yards against||128.7 (1158)||35|
|Points allowed||28.9 (260)||85|
Key players for Western Michigan
- Kaleb Eleby leads Western Michigan with 2,253 passing yards (250.3 ypg) on 167-of-274 passing with 13 touchdowns compared to three interceptions this season.
- Sean Tyler has carried the ball 121 times for a team-high 690 yards (76.7 per game), with six touchdowns this year.
- Skyy Moore’s 814 receiving yards (90.4 yards per game) lead the team. He has 64 receptions with five touchdowns.
Akron stats and betting info
Betting trends for Akron
- Akron is 4-5-0 against the spread this season.
- The Zips are winless against the spread (0-2) when playing as at least 26.5-point underdogs.
- Four of Akron’s nine games with a set total have hit the over (44.4%).
- Three of Akron’s games finished with a combined score over 61 points this season.
- Zips games have an over/under of 54.7 points this season, 6.3 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
- The Zips collect 354.1 yards per game, 25.8 more yards than the 328.3 the Broncos give up.
- When Akron picks up over 328.3 yards, the team is 2-3.
- The Zips have turned the ball over 14 times this season, five more turnovers than the Broncos have forced (9).
|Pass yards||223.4 (2011)||77|
|Rush yards||130.7 (1176)||99|
|Points scored||20.4 (184)||116|
|Pass yards against||225.3 (2028)||59|
|Rush yards against||220.0 (1980)||123|
|Points allowed||38.0 (342)||126|
Key players for Akron
- DJ Iron has thrown for 863 yards (95.9 ypg) to lead Akron, completing 65% of his passes and recording eight touchdown passes and four interceptions this season. He’s also run for 293 yards (32.6 ypg) on 89 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- Jonzell Norrils has carried the ball 74 times for a team-high 375 yards (41.7 per game), with two touchdowns this year.
- Konata Mumpfield’s team-leading 562 receiving yards (62.4 yards per game) have come on 46 receptions with six touchdowns.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!