Western Kentucky vs. Marshall Betting Odds & Game Analysis | College Football Week 13 Predictions
The Marshall Thundering Herd (7-4, 0-0 C-USA) will have their 17th-ranked pass defense on display versus the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (7-4, 0-0 C-USA) and the No. 1 air attack in the nation, on Saturday, November 27, 2021. The Thundering Herd are favored, by only 1 point. An over/under of 75.5 points has been set for the matchup.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Marshall stats and betting info
Betting trends for Marshall
- So far this season, Marshall has compiled a 6-5-0 record against the spread.
- The Thundering Herd have a 5-5 record against the spread this season when favored by 1 point or more.
- The teams have hit the over in six of Marshall’s 11 games with a set total .
- Marshall and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under of 75.5 points just twice this season.
- This season the average total for Thundering Herd games is 58.9 points, 16.6 fewer than the over/under of 75.5 points for this contest.
- The Thundering Herd collect 65.2 more yards per game (484.4) than the Hilltoppers give up per outing (419.2).
- In games that Marshall churns out more than 419.2 yards, the team is 6-2 overall.
- This year, the Thundering Herd have 21 turnovers, four fewer than the Hilltoppers have takeaways (25).
|Pass yards||321.1 (3532)||11|
|Rush yards||163.3 (1796)||66|
|Points scored||35.2 (387)||23|
|Pass yards against||187.5 (2063)||17|
|Rush yards against||191.9 (2111)||107|
|Points allowed||20.0 (220)||21|
Key players for Marshall
- Grant Wells has thrown for 3,360 yards (305.5 ypg) to lead Marshall, completing 66.8% of his passes and tossing 15 touchdown passes and 12 interceptions this season.
- Rasheen Ali’s team-high 1,142 rushing yards (103.8 per game) have come on 206 carries, with 20 touchdowns this year. He’s also added 37 catches for 312 yards (28.4 per game) and one touchdown.
- Corey Gammage’s 775 receiving yards (70.5 yards per game) lead the team. He has 62 receptions with two touchdowns.
Western Kentucky stats and betting info
Betting trends for Western Kentucky
- So far this year, Western Kentucky has put together a 7-3-0 record against the spread.
- The Hilltoppers are 2-1 against the spread when an underdog by 1 point or more this season.
- Western Kentucky games have gone over the point total in seven out of 10 opportunities (70%).
- There have been just two games featuring Western Kentucky this season with more combined scoring than Saturday’s total of 75.5.
- The over/under for this contest is 9.4 points more than the average over/under in Hilltoppers’ games this season (66.1 points).
- The Hilltoppers collect 149.2 more yards per game (528.7) than the Thundering Herd give up per matchup (379.5).
- In games that Western Kentucky piles up over 379.5 yards, the team is 6-4.
- The Hilltoppers have 16 giveaways this season, while the Thundering Herd have 18 takeaways .
|Pass yards||430.1 (4731)||1|
|Rush yards||98.6 (1085)||123|
|Points scored||42.4 (466)||5|
|Pass yards against||266.6 (2933)||113|
|Rush yards against||152.5 (1678)||68|
|Points allowed||27.5 (303)||77|
Key players for Western Kentucky
- Bailey Zappe has 4,626 passing yards (420.5 ypg) to lead Western Kentucky, completing 71.7% of his passes and tossing 48 touchdown passes and nine interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Noah Whittington, has carried the ball 76 times for 383 yards (34.8 per game), with one touchdown this year.
- Jerreth Sterns’ 1,511 receiving yards (137.4 yards per game) lead the team. He has 123 receptions with 12 touchdowns.
Sports bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!